1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 20:14
    One Atheist's understanding of theism and/or Christianity:

You have "One Christian's understanding of atheism;" Thread 157849
    Please reciprocate with your understanding of theism? Thanks.
  2. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 21:101 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]One Atheist's understanding of theism and/or Christianity:

Please reciprocate with your understanding of theism? Thanks.[/b]
    Theism is the state reached by people abused by their parents who need an alternative authority figure. It is a state which people adopt because they are scared of dying, and is essentially a cowardly one. Without this state to keep them in check, theists would rape and murder without a moment's hesitation. All theists are really atheists in denial, and secretly want atheists to convince them that no God exists. Theism is a bleak and pitiless existence, as its followers are unable to discern good from bad without reference to their God, and only look forward to the day when they can exalt in the eternal torment of others.

How am I doing?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 21:16
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    Theism is the state reached by people abused by their parents who need an alternative authority figure. It is a state which people adopt because they are scared of dying, and is essentially a cowardly one. Without this state to keep them in check, theists would rape and murder without a moment's hesitation. All theists are really atheists in denial, ...[text shortened]... look forward to the day when they can exalt in the eternal torment of others.

How am I doing?
    Were you interfered with by your priest?
  4. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 21:21
    Theism is the state reached by people abused by their parents who need an alternative authority figure. It is a state which people adopt because they are scared of dying, and is essentially a cowardly one. Without this state to keep them in check, theists would rape and murder without a moment's hesitation. All theists are really atheists in denial, ...[text shortened]... look forward to the day when they can exalt in the eternal torment of others.

How am I doing?
    Nice use of irony. Interesting to see how it plays (and if it is recognized) . . .
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 21:28
    Originally posted by vistesd
    Nice use of irony. Interesting to see how it plays (and if it is recognized) . . .
    I think you may have given it away.
  6. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 21:30
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Were you interfered with by your priest?
    I've never had a priest.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 21:32
    I've never had a priest.
    It seems irony won't be the only thing missed in this thread 😛
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 21:35
    I've never had a priest.
    How many have had you?
  9. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 22:15
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    How many have had you?
    Is this let's give it away for free week?
  10. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 22:23
    Is this let's give it away for free week?
    You just left it sitting there... figured no one would mind if I took it...
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 Feb '14 02:23
    Originally posted by vistesd
    vistesd, I had hoped you would contribute your understanding of theism to this conversation.
  12. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '14 12:30
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]One Atheist's understanding of theism and/or Christianity:

Please reciprocate with your understanding of theism? Thanks.[/b]
    My understanding of theism is that it is the belief in one or more supernatural deities.

Simples. Next question?

Penguin.
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 Feb '14 20:16
    Theism is the state reached by people abused by their parents who need an alternative authority figure. It is a state which people adopt because they are scared of dying, and is essentially a cowardly one. Without this state to keep them in check, theists would rape and murder without a moment's hesitation. All theists are really atheists in denial, and secretly want atheists to convince them that no God exists. Theism is a bleak and pitiless existence, as its followers are unable to discern good from bad without reference to their God, and only look forward to the day when they can exalt in the eternal torment of others.

How am I doing?

Originally posted by Penguin
    My understanding of theism is that it is the belief in one or more supernatural deities.

Simples. Next question?

Penguin.

Based on the dozens and dozens of posts to "One Christian's understanding of atheism..."
    I hoped a few more than two articulate atheists were still contributing to this forum.
  14. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '14 21:23
    Theism is the term for the belief in one or more deities [gods].

The gods believed in, and why, and the associated beliefs that go with it are hugely diverse.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Feb '14 20:29

How am I doing?
    No, it's not, that's ridic...

Oh, wait... I see what you did there. 🙁

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree