So what?
    It is yet to be discovered.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jul '13 08:16
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Sorry, I forgot you were [b]really thick.

There are no known exceptions to the Law of Biogenesis
    So what?
    It is yet to be discovered.[/b]
    It will not be discovered, that is why it is a law of science and a law of God.

The Instructor
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 Jul '13 12:17
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    So are you now excepting God as the creator and as the brute fact that brought the universe into existence?
    No, where did I say that, or anything to that effect?

It seems that you do not understand the concept of God, if you think God needs brute fact laws to generate Him into existence. God is eternal, without beginning or ending, so He does not need any type of laws to bring Him into existence.
    And that, if true, would be a brute fact.

What kind of definiton do you have for evolution that makes you think intelligence comes about by evolution.
    The standard dictionary definition.

You must be thinking of something like a baby becoming more intelligent as it grows and gains more knowledge.
    No, I am thinking of animals evolving from intelligent life forms.

I am thinking more of initial intelligence that provides the information for such things as DNA information code communications within a cell.
    That is not intelligence.

I don't see how evolution can have any effect in bringing about that kind of initial intelligence.
    Of course you don't, you don't know much about evolution. Your ignorance is just that - ignorance. Its like saying you can't see how Fermat's Last Theorem was proved. That doesn't make it false, it just makes you ignorant.

There are no known exceptions to the Law of Biogenesis.
    Yes there is. Even you know its true. How is creation not an exception?
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 Jul '13 12:19
    Sorry, I forgot you were [b]really thick.

There are no known exceptions to the Law of Biogenesis
    So what?
    It is yet to be discovered.[/b]
    We may not know how it happened, but we know for sure that it did happen. There was no life in the past, there is life now. There is no other possibility except that life at some point came from something other than life. Even creationism requires this to be the case.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jul '13 13:17
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    No, where did I say that, or anything to that effect?

[b]It seems that you do not understand the concept of God, if you think God needs brute fact laws to generate Him into existence. God is eternal, without beginning or ending, so He does not need any type of laws to bring Him into existence.

And that, if true, would be a brute fact.

What ...[text shortened]... nesis.
    Yes there is. Even you know its true. How is creation not an exception?[/b]
    Which one of the standard dictionary definitions of evolution do you mean?

The creator God has to be intelligent and alive.

The Instructor
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jul '13 13:19
    We may not know how it happened, but we know for sure that it did happen. There was no life in the past, there is life now. There is no other possibility except that life at some point came from something other than life. Even creationism requires this to be the case.
    The first life on Earth came from the life of the eternal creator God.

The Instructor
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Jul '13 15:34

The Instructor
    You mean the life that came forth out of the Earth about 3 billion years ago? THAT life?
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 Jul '13 15:45
    Which one of the standard dictionary definitions of evolution do you mean?
    There really is only one definition I could be referring to:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution

The creator God has to be intelligent and alive.
    So is God multicellular or single cellular? Does he have a father and mother? Does he breathe?
    Or are you using a different definition for the word 'life' than the one in the Law you thought you were supporting?
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 Jul '13 15:46
    That is not the kind of life specified in the Law, therefore that was an exception to the Law and the Law is known to not be universal.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jul '13 22:31
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You mean the life that came forth out of the Earth about 3 billion years ago? THAT life?
    I mean both the biological life and the eternal life.

The Instructor
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jul '13 23:182 edits
    There really is only one definition I could be referring to:

[b]The creator God has to be intelligent and alive.

So is God multicellular or single cellular? Does he have a father and mother? Does he breathe?
    Or are you using a different definition for the word 'life' than the one in the Law you thought you were supporting?[/b]
    Some of that definition is science fiction and not science fact. However, the following is partially correct:

Evolution in organisms occurs through changes in heritable traits – particular characteristics of an organism. Heritable traits are passed from one generation to the next via DNA, a molecule that encodes genetic information.

I really believe the word "variations" should be used instead of evolution. However, I will use evolution to humor you.

The DNA molecule only stores the encoded information, it does not actually encode the information. The original information has to come from an intelligent source that encodes that information in the original DNA molecule. Then copies are made by the decoding actions of the originally created molecular machines within the cell. So the first cell in existence must already have all the parts necessary to perform its functions, including the encoded blueprint information stored in the DNA molecule before any decoding actions can be performed. This is what is now known as irreducible complexity.

Therefore, evolution is not the creator of the intelligent source that encodes the original information in the DNA molecule. Evolution requires that the encoded information already be in the DNA molecule before any act of evolution can happen.

The Instructor
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    30 Jul '13 23:31
    So are you now excepting{sic} God as ...

The Instructor
    Pray for a dictionary.

The SpellChecker 😏
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 Jul '13 00:214 edits
    That is not the kind of life specified in the Law, therefore that was an exception to the Law and the Law is known to not be universal.
    The Law of Biogenesis states that in nature, life comes only from life and that of its own kind. Historically the point of view that life comes only from life has been so well established through the facts revealed by experiment that it is called the Law of Biogenesis.

The Holy Bible says that life originally came directly from the eternal living God and a living creature reproduce after its own kind.

The atheist says that life created itself, a belief known as biopoiesis. The Encyclopaedia Britannica defines “biopoiesis,” also called spontaneous generation, abiogenesis, and autogenesis, as “a process by which living organisms are thought to develop from nonliving matter, and the basis of a theory on the origin of life on Earth.

"DNA cannot do its work, including forming more DNA, without the help of catalytic proteins, or enzymes. In short, proteins cannot form without DNA, but neither can DNA form without proteins. But as researchers continue to examine the RNA-world concept closely, more problems emerge. How did RNA arise initially? RNA and its components are difficult to synthesize in a laboratory under the best of conditions, much less under plausible prebiotic ones."

John Horgan, Scientific American, 1991, 264:119

Richard Dawkins stated in an interview with Ben Stein regarding the origin of life, “Nobody knows how it got started. We know the kind of event that it must have been. We know the sort of event that must have happened for the origin of life. It was the origin of the first self-replicating molecule.” Stein asked, “Right. And how did that happen?” Dawkins replied, “I’ve told you. We don’t know.” Stein then said, “So, you have no idea how it started?” Dawkins replied, “No. Nor has anybody” (Stein and Miller, 2008).

Only the Holy Bible has a reasonable answer for the origin of life.

The Instructor
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    31 Jul '13 02:29
    [b]Richard Dawkins stated in an interview with Ben Stein regarding the origin of life, “Nobody knows how it got started. ...” Stein asked, “Right. And how did that happen?” Dawkins replied, “I’ve told you. We don’t know.” Stein then said, “So, you have no idea how it started?” Dawkins replied, “No. Nor has anybody” (Stein and Miller, 2008).

The Instructor[/b]
    Now Dawkins could have said
    "Magic space dust descended from a passing comet"
    (Disprove that if you can)

But instead he told the truth. We don't know.

YET
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 Jul '13 03:24
    Now Dawkins could have said
    "Magic space dust descended from a passing comet"
    (Disprove that if you can)

But instead he told the truth. We don't know.

[b]YET
    [/b]
    YET

The Holy Bible also tells us the truth. It tells us the origin of life in a way that does not disagree with the Law of Biogenesis or what is known about the reproduction of organisms after their own kind. What is known about the DNA molecule with its information code for reproduction also supports the law of Biogenesis and the truth in the Holy Bible.

YET

You still refuse to believe because of the hardness of your heart.

The Instructor.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree