1. Orillia, Ontario
    Moves
    31 Jul '13 19:55
    Very well said. As a believer for me it comes down to faith. I'm also of the opinion that atheists have faith in, as you say brute facts. You must bear in mind that the brute facts you speak of are at our present level of understanding and that the facts or our understanding of them will likely change. Who knows what the change entails, perhaps towards a spiritual first cause or not. The universe is a strange and wonderful place.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Aug '13 11:43
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    There was a time when bacteria were unknown.
    Did that mean they did not exist?

There was a time when other suns were unknown.
    Did that mean that stars were really tiny rips in the firmament?

Hmmm. There was a time when God was not known by me personally. Did that mean that God did not exist ?
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Aug '13 12:051 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Pray for a dictionary.

The SpellChecker 😏
    Well you knew I meant "accepting" by my usage. I some times type "their" for "there" too, but most of the time I catch myself. But misspelling something does not automatically mean the idea must be wrong. However, in this case it was, since you were not really accepting anything I said.

The Instructor

Like above when I said "some times" instead of "sometimes", did that make it hard for you to understand?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Aug '13 12:13
    Originally posted by sonship

Hmmm. There was a time when God was not known by me personally. Did that mean that God did not exist ?
    God is still unknown to him.

The Instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree