1. Joined
    03 Oct '06
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 13:10
    if the bible said to prove your love for god you have to kill a bad person (murderer, rapist etc...) would you do it..?
  2. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 13:42
    A Christian can never claim that it is God's will to kill a murderer or a rapist. Neither can a Christian claim that it is God's will to kill an unborn child, a disabled person, an ill person or a dying person.

If he or she insists claiming this, then you know the person is seriously erring, meaning that he doesn't understand Christ's teachings, or that he is suffering from some kind of delusions, too much fantasy or that he or she is simply lying.
  3. Cosmos
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 13:531 edit
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    A Christian can never claim that it is God's will to kill a murderer or a rapist. Neither can a Christian claim that it is God's will to kill an unborn child, a disabled person, an ill person or a dying person.

If he or she insists claiming this, then you know the person is seriously erring, meaning that he doesn't understand Christ's teachings, or that h ...[text shortened]... s suffering from some kind of delusions, too much fantasy or that he or she is simply lying.
    "Onward Christian soldiers,
    Marching as to war,
    with the cross of Jesus
    Going on before"

Oh, sorry. Don't mind me...just reminding some modern day victims of brainwashing about highly effective brain washing techniques of the past.
  4. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 14:39
    Originally posted by howardgee
    "Onward Christian soldiers,
    Marching as to war,
    with the cross of Jesus
    Going on before"

Oh, sorry. Don't mind me...just reminding some modern day victims of brainwashing about highly effective brain washing techniques of the past.
    Reality, certainly in a dynamic perspective, meaning taking into account the complicated developments throughout history, is a difficult thing to understand. It will become impossible to understand in case one's vision and judgement is clouded with and severely darkened by the need for a scapegoat.
  5. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    20 Dec '06 12:31
    Originally posted by rooktakesqueen
    if the bible said to prove your love for god you have to kill a bad person (murderer, rapist etc...) would you do it..?
    No religion could have such an instruction and survive for long. A cult could, but it would rapidly die out. Think of it in evolutionary terms -- such a dictum would lead to endless rounds of fighting and recrimination and eventually there would be no adherents left. Kind of like what happened to the Shakers -- they didn't believe in sex -- and today they are no more.

So let's see, evolution can shape religions...so which force is ultimately more powerful!
  6. Joined
    10 Dec '06
    Moves
    20 Dec '06 22:44

If he or she insists claiming this, then you know the person is seriously erring, meaning that he doesn't understand Christ's teachings, or that h ...[text shortened]... s suffering from some kind of delusions, too much fantasy or that he or she is simply lying.
    You are wright if you only believe in the new testament and the teachings of Christ.

However in the old testament, some sins are penalised with death.

Some are executed bij God
    example (Genesis 19)

Sometimes people are instructed to do so
    example (Leviticus 20)
  7. Joined
    15 Dec '06
    Moves
    20 Dec '06 23:24
    Originally posted by rooktakesqueen
    Ye, no thoughts about it. If some bstd raped my daughter I would kill him/her. God created me in his/hers/hits image and gave me my brain and nobody but hitself to answer to. I answer to hitself for my actions . My proof to my God is not to hitself, it is beyond hits needs,,,,, beyond hits provided
  8. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    20 Dec '06 23:48

So God can't command murder - oh look everyone, God's omnipotence isn't real.
  9. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    20 Dec '06 23:48
    how hard can it be to kill a murderer or rapist? it would be much harder to kill an innocent person
  10. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    21 Dec '06 00:45
    Originally posted by metbierop
    You are wright if you only believe in the new testament and the teachings of Christ.

However in the old testament, some sins are penalised with death.

Some are executed bij God
    example (Genesis 19)

Sometimes people are instructed to do so
    example (Leviticus 20)
    Well, there were certain developments during the times of Christ weren't there ? 😉
  11. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    21 Dec '06 00:47
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    how hard can it be to kill a murderer or rapist? it would be much harder to kill an innocent person
    Killing innocents is being done in abortion clinics every day.
  12. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    21 Dec '06 00:48
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Wrong conclusion !
  13. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    21 Dec '06 00:49
    Originally posted by kanthmike
    Ye, no thoughts about it. If some bstd raped my daughter I would kill him/her. God created me in his/hers/hits image and gave me my brain and nobody but hitself to answer to. I answer to hitself for my actions . My proof to my God is not to hitself, it is beyond hits needs,,,,, beyond hits provided
    What's the hatter with you ?
  14. Joined
    29 Oct '06
    Moves
    21 Dec '06 02:27
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Well of course God can't command murder or He wouldn't be omnibenevolent now would He? Oh, wait........I'm sensing a contradiction......
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Dec '06 02:46
    Originally posted by whiterose
    Well of course God can't command murder or He wouldn't be omnibenevolent now would He? Oh, wait........I'm sensing a contradiction......
    Where is the contradiction?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree