One Leaf Might Pierce the Darkness Like a Star

One Leaf Might Pierce the Darkness Like a Star

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
07 Oct 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
actually the passages that you are referring to are in the Mosaic law, specifically given to the nation of Israel. Christians are no longer under the Mosaic law, we do not offer up animal sacrifices, we do not need to go to Jerusalem to worship, we have no need of the Aaronic priesthood, it is now defunct and obsolete.

We are under a new covena ...[text shortened]... eve that you are unaware of these things, for how else could it be, unless one has studied them?
What you are saying, in essence, is the following:

"The bible is not true in its entirety, only the parts that I (read: robbie carrobie) accepts as true. What others think is true in the bible, I don't care, because it's my opinion that is aboslutely the Truth."

...right?

Specifically, we can all disregard the old testament, because it's jewish in its origin; the Revelations, because its just a bunch of trancendental hallucination from magic mushroms; the letters of StPaul, because my mother told me never to read other's letters. What's left? Ah, the gospels. Well, they are just hearsay anyway. So the only thing that is really true is what Jesus wrote himslef. Unfortunately noone has found his scribblings.

Or for short: The bible is just barbaric stories which not children ever should read. In fact it should be forbidden all over.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
07 Oct 09

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Jehova is innocent of the most barbaric book in the world. It's written by mere mortals.
Jehova didn't even had a pen...
Calling it 'the most barbaric book in the world' simply reflects your cultural bias.

Give it a rest, the Bible isn't exactly up there with Sade. Although it might be an interesting exercise for you to establish the criteria whereby ancient texts may be ranked in order of comparative barbarity.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
07 Oct 09

Or for short: The bible is just barbaric stories which not children ever should read. In fact it should be forbidden all over.
You're a half-wit.

F

Moves
07 Oct 09

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
Calling it 'the most barbaric book in the world' simply reflects your cultural bias.

Give it a rest, the Bible isn't exactly up there with Sade. Although it might be an interesting exercise for you to establish the criteria whereby ancient texts may be ranked in order of comparative barbarity.

You're a half-wit.
Well, there are passages in the bible that make Sade a children's book in comparison. To say that the bible is all true and the very word of god himself is to exagerate the importance of the book.

I see the bible as an historic interesting book if you want to learn about another culture and another time. Nothing more.

Well, better a half-wit than a full-wit.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
07 Oct 09

Well, there are passages in the bible that make Sade a children's book in comparison. To say that the bible is all true and the very word of god himself is to exagerate the importance of the book.

I see the bible as an historic interesting book if you want to learn about another culture and another time. Nothing more.

Well, better a half-wit than a full-wit.
There's nothing in there you can't find in some novel. Even Grimm's tales are filled with blood and guts.

Most Christians do not insist on the literal truth of the Bible. Even if they did, that would be no grounds for banning the book.

F

Moves
07 Oct 09

There's nothing in there you can't find in some novel. Even Grimm's tales are filled with blood and guts.

Most Christians do not insist on the literal truth of the Bible. Even if they did, that would be no grounds for banning the book.
Noone thinks that the tales of Grimm is the only holy Truth.

Some nit-wit christians thinks that every word in the bible is true. That scares me.
When some crazy creationist tells me that he believes that the Earth is only 6 thousands of years old, i.e. believes the bible letter by letter, because, as they say, it's written by god himself, despite the fact that simple observations says otherwise, then I have to protest and tell him that it's as true as, yes why not, the tales of Grimm.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
07 Oct 09

Noone thinks that the tales of Grimm is the only holy Truth.

Some nit-wit christians thinks that every word in the bible is true. That scares me.
When some crazy creationist tells me that he believes that the Earth is only 6 thousands of years old, i.e. believes the bible letter by letter, because, as they say, it's written by god himself, despite th ...[text shortened]... se, then I have to protest and tell him that it's as true as, yes why not, the tales of Grimm.
Believing literally in the Bible strikes me as silly, maybe sad, but I fail to see why it should be scary.

I must say that people who go around talking about banning books scare me a little.

F

Moves
07 Oct 09

Believing literally in the Bible strikes me as silly, maybe sad, but I fail to see why it should be scary.

I must say that people who go around talking about banning books scare me a little.
Scary, because those silly people acts as if the bible is true. They harass people that has not the same opinion as they, like homosexuals, atheists, people believing in science, etc. Some even start wars because of that.

Banning books, well not precisely, but still - it's not really politically correct to write books about that homosexuals should be killed, is it? Not if the book is concidered to be the only and god-written truth...

d

Moves
07 Oct 09

Scary, because those silly people acts as if the bible is true. They harass people that has not the same opinion as they, like homosexuals, atheists, people believing in science, etc. Some even start wars because of that.

Banning books, well not precisely, but still - it's not really politically correct to write books about that homosexuals should be killed, is it? Not if the book is concidered to be the only and god-written truth...
The Bible is true, "harass people" who like you?

rc

Moves
07 Oct 09
1 edit

What you are saying, in essence, is the following:

"The bible is not true in its entirety, only the parts that I (read: robbie carrobie) accepts as true. What others think is true in the bible, I don't care, because it's my opinion that is aboslutely the Truth."

...right?

Specifically, we can all disregard the old testament, because it's jewish i ric stories which not children ever should read. In fact it should be forbidden all over.
hi Fabian, i think your statement is not quite accurate, for certainly in former times, acts which were considered sexually immoral were punished with the utmost severity, such, is not the case now, for that code or written law, the Mosaic law, is no longer binding in the case of Christians, for it has been supplanted by a better arrangement, a heavenly one. Thus it is not that some parts are true and others untrue, its the relevant application that has changed as the divine will has become more and more manifest, culminating in the appearance, death and resurrection of Christ. 🙂

F

Moves
08 Oct 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
hi Fabian, i think your statement is not quite accurate, for certainly in former times, acts which were considered sexually immoral were punished with the utmost severity, such, is not the case now, for that code or written law, the Mosaic law, is no longer binding in the case of Christians, for it has been supplanted by a better arrangement, a heave ...[text shortened]... ome more and more manifest, culminating in the appearance, death and resurrection of Christ. 🙂
Okay, then the bible is not the word of god. Or god has changed his mind. Or it is not the same god as in the OT biblical times. God is not eternal.

Or better: The bible is written by men of political reasons. At those times homosexuality was a capital crime. It isn't today.

But saying that the bible is true and the word of god in its entirety is plainly wrong!

F

Moves
23 Oct 09

Okay, then the bible is not the word of god. Or god has changed his mind. Or it is not the same god as in the OT biblical times. God is not eternal.

Or better: The bible is written by men of political reasons. At those times homosexuality was a capital crime. It isn't today.

But saying that the bible is true and the word of god in its entirety is plainly wrong!
Noone objects? So my last posting cannot be disputed? Nice!