1. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 Jan '12 19:32
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Animals kill each other all the time. Should we be out there trying to stop them?
    I have often argued that anyone advocating animal rights and avoiding cruelty to animals should logically consider a humane extermination program for carnivores - or alternatively a feeding program whereby we feed them on vegetable foods.
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    31 Jan '12 19:56
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I have often argued that anyone advocating animal rights and avoiding cruelty to animals should logically consider a humane extermination program for carnivores - or alternatively a feeding program whereby we feed them on vegetable foods.
    Yes - that's the logical course of action, and yet I am unsure if carnivores can successfully adapt to eating only vegetables. That means they'd probably have to be killed - ironic, given that part of the initial goal was to save the lives of animals.
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 01:21
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    I took your lead and have read some of his Divine Grace's teachings.

But, again, I am struggling. His Divine Grace, from everything I have read, seems a tolerant, modest, patient, polite individual who spent his time trying to educate in a constructive fashion.

He does not resort to using offensive or intemperate language. From what I have seen ...[text shortened]... g? If not, why do you not aspire to follow his methods, as well as believing in his teachings?
    I am in the snake pit of dishonest people here at RHP and almost every person is insincere, dishonest, deliberately foolish and motivated to argue anything and everything.

This is why I give them truth straight between the eyes and I leave the Mary Poppins style of talk to the honest people who are respectful.

Besides.......informing a fool they are a fool is not an insult.

Informing a person that they are dishonest when they are dishonest is not an insult.

I have not insulted one person in this forum because there are hardly any honest people in this forum to insult.

You can only insult an honest person.

Comprehend?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 01:25
    Originally posted by Dasa
    I am in the snake pit of dishonest people here at RHP and almost every person is insincere, dishonest, deliberately foolish and motivated to argue anything and everything.

This is why I give them truth straight between the eyes and I leave the Mary Poppins style of talk to the honest people who are respectful.

Besides.......informing a fool they are a fo ...[text shortened]... y honest people in this forum to insult.

Comprehend?
    I just called to say how much i love you, i just called to say how much i care!
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 01:281 edit

Besides.......informing a fool they are a fo ...[text shortened]... y honest people in this forum to insult.

Comprehend?
    I still think you should apologize for what you wrote in the deleted 19th December "genocide" thread. One widely respected regular poster has described you as "an extremist pseudo-Hindu genocidal nut case", and I have a feeling many, many people here agree with him. I suggest to you that it is a label you ought to try to shake off if you want to propagate your belief system successfully in this community.
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 01:37
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Animals kill each other all the time. Should we be out there trying to stop them?
    Animals live by the animal code.

There is no sin for the animals because they are governed by instinct and have lower intelligence.

Humans have free will and higher intelligence and can make informed decision about what they do and what they think.

Dying is not a problem because it is only the body that dies and the body is only dust.

But it is sinful to stop the life of any sentient living thing by killing it...............for it has its life span and you cannot interfere with that life span or the living being has to come back and take birth again as that thing.

There is no sin in terminating the life span of a violent criminal because when they return in their next life they do not have bad karma from their criminal activities because they have removed their karma by being terminated and giving up that criminal life.

This is true compassion to terminate the violent criminal and remove his bad karma - otherwise he would suffer in his criminal life and cause society to suffer as well if not dealt with - but when dealt with he returns again in his new life without bad karma which would if unchecked only cause suffering to himself and society

Vedic civilization is perfect on every level.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 01:40
    There is no sin in terminating the life span of a violent criminal because when they return in their next life they do not have bad karma from their criminal activities because they have removed their karma by being terminated and giving up that criminal life.
    Can you be specific about which "violent" crimes do - and do not - incur the death penalty according to your religion?
  8. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 01:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    I still think you should apologize for what you wrote in the deleted 19th December "genocide" thread. One widely respected regular poster has described you as "an extremist pseudo-Hindu genocidal nut case", and I have a feeling many, many people here agree with him. I suggest to you that it is a label you ought to try to shake off if you want to propagate your belief system successfully in this community.
    Why are you defending rapist terrorists and murderers?

You do it because you are also a killer of animals and a defender of atheistic life styles of intoxication, womanzing, gambling and animal slaughtering.......and you are defending your own kind.

You are dishonest in every respect to defend violent persons.

You would have in 50 years 100 million criminals in jail and paying $trillions to care for them all each year.

Are you going to raise the money?

What about their bad karma?

You have not thought this through........because you are dishonest.
  9. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 01:51
    Originally posted by FMF
    Can you be specific about which "violent" crimes do - and do not - incur the death penalty according to your religion?
    No...............case closed.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 02:00
    No...............case closed.
    I don't think the case is closed, Dasa. You cannot just run away from discussion of the things you state or claim in a public forum.

You advocate capital punishment for violent criminals. Can you be specific about which crimes of violence would get the death penalty and which would get prison sentences?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 02:02
    Why are you defending rapist terrorists and murderers?
    I don't defend "rapists, terrorists and murderers", Dasa. You cannot find a single post of mine from the last 6 or 7 years where I defended "rapists, terrorists and murderers". If you can, then do so.
  12. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 02:28
    Originally posted by FMF
    I don't think the case is closed, Dasa. You cannot just run away from discussion of the things you state or claim in a public forum.

You advocate capital punishment for violent criminals. Can you be specific about which crimes of violence would get the death penalty and which would get prison sentences?
    Not with you because you are dishonest and are not sincere in your enquiries because you reject authority.

If authority is rejected then who shall mediated?

fmf,s mind.

My answers shall come from authority.

Do you think I just make everything up as I go along.

While you reject authority then you will remain dishonest.

Case closed
  13. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 02:33
    Originally posted by FMF
    I don't defend "rapists, terrorists and murderers", Dasa. You cannot find a single post of mine from the last 6 or 7 years where I defended "rapists, terrorists and murderers". If you can, then do so.
    You believe rapists murderer,s and terrorists should be put in jail and given three meals a day, free medical and dental, free electricity and water, DVD,s and TV and live comfortable after they have just flown planes into buildings and we all saw people jumping out of windows on the 90th floor.

Your fake compassion for violent criminals is not accepted.

It is dishonest to reject capital punishment on ignorant emotional grounds.

Case closed.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 02:39
    You believe rapists murderer,s and terrorists should be put in jail and given three meals a day, free medical and dental, free electricity and water, DVD,s and TV and live comfortable after they have just flown planes into buildings and we all saw people jumping out of windows on the 90th floor.

Case closed.
    i like the title of this thread, gimme just one more time, cant help it but all these
    romantic seventies soul songs keep running through my head.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 02:391 edit

Case closed.
    I oppose capital punishment. I do not give my consent to the state to end the life of any of its own citizens. This does not mean I am defending "rapists, terrorists and murderers". I condemn rape, terrorism and murder unequivocally. Conditions in U.S. gaols are a completely separate issue. The fact that I "saw people jumping out of windows" on the 11th September 2001 has nothing to do with principled rejection of the death penalty.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree