1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 02:42
    Originally posted by Dasa
    My answers shall come from authority.

Do you think I just make everything up as I go along.
    OK then. Can you be specific about what the Vedas say about which crimes of violence would get the death penalty and which would get prison sentences?
  2. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 09:051 edit
    [b]This is why I give them truth straight between the eyes and I leave the Mary Poppins style of talk to the honest people who are respectful.
    Indeed.

You have accepted that his Divine Grace would not post as you do.

You have admitted that you know better than his Divine Grace how it is best to educate foolish people.

And that his style of teaching is "Mary Poppins".

Shame on you.
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 15:31
    Originally posted by FMF
    I oppose capital punishment. I do not give my consent to the state to end the life of any of its own citizens. This does not mean I am defending "rapists, terrorists and murderers". I condemn rape, terrorism and murder unequivocally. Conditions in U.S. gaols are a completely separate issue. The fact that I "saw people jumping out of windows" on the 11th September 2001 has nothing to do with principled rejection of the death penalty.
    Your principled rejection is not principled at all but ignorant rejection because you do not believe in the soul or God.

If you don't believe in the soul or God you cannot understand how the criminal can come back in his new life without bad karma..

Your rejection is all based on your ignorance and lack of true spiritual knowledge about this subject.

You will always remain ignorant if you always reject authority.

You reject authority because you are dishonest.

You cannot be helped unless you become honest.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 15:491 edit
    Your principled rejection is not principled at all but ignorant rejection because you do not believe in the soul or God.

If you don't believe in the soul or God you cannot understand how the criminal can come back in his new life without bad karma..

Your rejection is all based on your ignorance and lack of true spiritual knowledge about this subject.

...[text shortened]... u reject authority because you are dishonest.

You cannot be helped unless you become honest.
    Well I have heard plenty of pro-capital punishment arguments before, Dasa. I don't believe in reincarnation or "karma". So your particular pro-capital punishment argument has no traction with me whatsoever.

And I don't want "to be helped" by you, other than to get an answer to my question. I'll ask again. Apologies to other posters for the repetition. Dasa, can you be specific about what the Vedas say about which crimes of violence should get the death penalty and which should get prison sentences?
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 17:32
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well I have heard plenty of pro-capital punishment arguments before, Dasa. I don't believe in reincarnation or "karma". So your particular pro-capital punishment argument has no traction with me whatsoever.

And I don't want "to be helped" by you, other than to get an answer to my question. I'll ask again. Apologies to other posters for the repetition. Dasa, c ...[text shortened]... ch crimes of violence should get the death penalty and which should get prison sentences?
    While you remain dishonest you cannot understand anything spiritual - and also you are unable to present anything of any spiritual value.

You have proven this by saying the soul does not exist but are unable to explain what life is.

And while you whimsically reject true authority you pose yourself as authority.......and an authority that slaughters animals and takes shelter of intoxication and defends terrorists.

You are certainly an untruthful fellow with credibility issues.
  6. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 19:24
    While you remain dishonest you cannot understand anything spiritual - and also you are unable to present anything of any spiritual value.

You have proven this by saying the soul does not exist but are unable to explain what life is.

And while you whimsically reject true authority you pose yourself as authority.......and an authority that slaughters animal ...[text shortened]... ation and defends terrorists.

You say that, but in fact there are two proven dishonest people regularly posting in this forum - you're one of them and FMF is not the other. Also, you're a thoroughly unpleasant and hate-filled individual who would, in any society based on vedic principles, be securely locked away from all right-thinking people. Note I do not say that you should be killed - this course, though perhaps desirable, would be inimical to such a society as you would know if you actually understood the teachings you profess to follow.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 21:06

And while you whimsically reject true authority you pose yourself as authority.......and an authority that slaughters animal ...[text shortened]... ation and defends terrorists.

And while you whimsically reject true authority you pose yourself as authority.......and an authority that raises animals above humans and takes shelter of blasphemies and advocates the killing of millions of Muslims.

How can you remain so sanctimonious with the shoe on the other foot?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Feb '12 23:353 edits
    And while you whimsically reject true authority you pose yourself as authority.......and an authority that slaughters animals and takes shelter of intoxication and defends terrorists.
    I do not pose as an authority. And I do not "defend terrorists". I have certainly never said "the soul does not exist". Are you able to quote me at all on any of these things?

Although I am a theist, I am not a religionist like you, Dasa, so whether or not you feel I "to present anything of any spiritual value" is immaterial to me. I have no wish to proselytize you or anyone else.

Do you have any pro-capital punishment argumentation that isn't based on superstition about reincarnation or "karma" or on the cost to taxpayers of incarceration?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree