1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148423
    25 Dec '10 15:46
    To My Democratic Friends:

    Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2011 but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere . Also, this wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee.

    To My Republican Friends:

    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

    ----------------------
    I wish I had thought of this.
    Kelly
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    25 Dec '10 17:34
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    To My Democratic Friends:

    Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of yo ...[text shortened]... Christmas and a Happy New Year!

    ----------------------
    I wish I had thought of this.
    Kelly
    You left out the bit about the wars abroad. You should have said something like, "Although we are a peace loving group and detest war at any time, we understand the need to continue such wars that previous Republican administrations have heeped upon us." 😵
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148423
    25 Dec '10 17:38
    Originally posted by whodey
    You left out the bit about the wars abroad. You should have said something like, "Although we are a peace loving group and detest war at any time, we understand the need to continue such wars that previous Republican administrations have heeped upon us." 😵
    I got this in my mail, I didn't add to or take away from the text.
    I thought it was funny.
    Kelly
  4. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    9174
    25 Dec '10 18:08
    Originally posted by KellyJay

    I wish I had thought of this.
    Kelly
    You wish you thought of sending another dishonest mass email?
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148423
    25 Dec '10 21:37
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    You wish you thought of sending another dishonest mass email?
    A dishonest mass email?
    I wish I had thought of the message.
    Kelly
  6. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    9174
    25 Dec '10 21:411 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    A dishonest mass email?
    I wish I had thought of the message.
    Kelly
    You hadn't thought of Merry Christmas and happy new year before?

    The general point of the email is dishonest - or do you think the email is just about wishing people a merry christmas?
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148423
    25 Dec '10 21:43
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    You hadn't thought of Merry Christmas and happy new year before?

    The general point of the email is dishonest - or do you think the email is just about wishing people a merry christmas?
    Okay, whatever!
    KJ
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91563
    26 Dec '10 00:12
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    You hadn't thought of Merry Christmas and happy new year before?

    The general point of the email is dishonest - or do you think the email is just about wishing people a merry christmas?
    Another example of politcal correctness gone wrong (?)
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35519
    26 Dec '10 14:39
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    To My Democratic Friends:
    Oh, please.

    I am as liberal Democrat as they come, and I prefer the traditional "Merry Christmas".
  10. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    9174
    26 Dec '10 15:04
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Another example of politcal correctness gone wrong (?)
    More idiocy gone wrong. Though it rarely goes right.
Back to Top