1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    13 Dec '17 10:43
    Originally posted by @fmf
    No. Not upset in the slightest. You asked me who I thought you seem to have a grudge or grievance against. So I told you.
    Well at least you have a vivid imagination I’ll give you that much. 😵
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Dec '17 10:47
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Well at least you have a vivid imagination I’ll give you that much. 😵
    I am going on [1] what you've told us about your upbringing, and [2] how you behave. I have simply been reading stuff not imagining stuff.
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    13 Dec '17 11:06
    I am going on [1] what you've told us about your upbringing, and [2] how you behave. I have simply been reading stuff not imagining stuff.
    I haven’t claimed any of the things you are imagining. You may imagine certain things such as me having grudges etc. but that is purely your imagination. Or maybe you think you are a mind reader.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Dec '17 11:39
    I haven’t claimed any of the things you are imagining. You may imagine certain things such as me having grudges etc. but that is purely your imagination. Or maybe you think you are a mind reader.
    I'm not a mind reader. I'm a posts reader. 😉
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Dec '17 12:091 edit
    He collects strawman arguments the way some children collect little dolls. They're all lined up neatly side by side just like on a child's shelf.

Strawman1, strawman2, strawman3 ... strawmanN
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Dec '17 12:22
    Originally posted by @sonship about FMF
    He collects strawman arguments the way some children collect little dolls. They're all lined up neatly side by side just like on a child's shelf.

Do you really think so? I think you're are being disingenuous.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Dec '17 12:461 edit
    Do you really think so? I think you're are being disingenuous.
    Yes, I really think so.

And of course it appears to you as "disingenuous". What contradicting you would NOT appear to you as "disingenuous" ?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Dec '17 13:11
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Yes, I really think so.

And of course it appears to you as "disingenuous". What contradicting you would NOT appear to you as "disingenuous" ?
    I think most of my observations and question are not only pertinent but actually zero in on a key issue of weakness or incoherence that has the makings of a discussion between a believer and a non-believer. In some level you know this.

Disingenuous is a polite way of saying that you are not being honest and that you are simply uncomfortable talking to non-believers who engage you persistently in debate and discussion. You are pointedly not here for "debate and discussion"..
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    13 Dec '17 13:531 edit
    I'm not a mind reader. I'm a posts reader. 😉
    You are either a liar or a mind reader because I have never claimed to have a grudge against anyone. It’s quite obvious which you are.
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    13 Dec '17 13:55

He has quite a collection. 😵
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Dec '17 14:24
    You are either a liar or a mind reader because I have never claimed to have a grudge against anyone. It’s quite obvious which you are.
    How on earth can I be "lying" when I say I believe you have a massive chip on your shoulder for the reasons I have given? Lying? Huh?

You mean you think I actually don’t believe what I say I believe, and that I am lying when I say that I do?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Dec '17 15:044 edits
    I think most of my observations and question are not only pertinent but actually zero in on a key issue of weakness or incoherence that has the makings of a discussion between a believer and a non-believer. In some level you know this.

Disingenuous is a polite way of saying that you are not being honest and that you are simply uncomfortable talking to non-b ...[text shortened]... persistently in debate and discussion. You are pointedly not here for "debate and discussion"..
    Again, you attempt to define legitimate discourse and participation in this forum as one feeling "comfortable" with perpetual, repetitious, monotonous, time wasting, compulsory, never ending, quarreling with you.

All such who may see the futility of much further exchanges with you are not legitimate users of the facility.

Ask me your most supposedly UNCOMFORTABLE question you can concoct. Let's see if I have a heart attack.

Give me your best shot today.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Dec '17 16:09
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    When you answer my question unequivocally and without a bunch of caveats and surround sound text we can move forward.
    Bump for sonship, the destroyer of strawmen.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Dec '17 16:21
    Again, you attempt to define legitimate discourse and participation in this forum as one feeling "comfortable" with perpetual, repetitious, monotonous, time wasting, compulsory, never ending, quarreling with you.
    Feel free to ignore my posts, sonship.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Dec '17 16:481 edit
    Feel free to ignore my posts, sonship.

Like Grampy Bobby, sonship seems to feel that disagreement with his ideology and especially dissent of his presumed religious authority are in fact this quoted list of negative behaviors. Before long he'll be accusing his detractors of fouling the forum with their "soiled diapers" (credited to Grampy Bobby) or regurgitating his own classic "diseased minds" accusation.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree