1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    14 Dec '17 13:052 edits
    Originally posted by @avalanchethecat
    Ridicule, mockery and belittling are, on occasion, the right tools to use. And I resent your suggestion that I am a 'wannabe' or 'new' atheist. I am a dyed-in-the-wool original flavour atheist. With respect to some - although not you or becker - I think you have to be a little bit crazy to believe in any god, and the christian version seems particularly bizarre to me.
    Those occasions being when you are not on the receiving end? From the theistic perspective you have to be a little crazy not to believe in God. That doesn’t mean the theist should ridicules, belittle and mock an atheist now does it?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Dec '17 14:40
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    From the theistic perspective you have to be a little crazy not to believe in God.
    Who are you speaking for here?
  3. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    14 Dec '17 19:13
    Does that mean you cannot trust the verdict of any human judge that has ever made a verdict simply because they are fallible human beings?
    No, it doesn't.
  4. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    14 Dec '17 19:14
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    I wouldn’t have cared.
    Pfft. Deep under that cold facade there is a real person.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Dec '17 20:111 edit
    Self anointed as in presuming you are here to teach the forum as evidence by your “in this thread I shall talk about xyz” type of OPs

And if I changed the tone of my OPs, you would probably find something else to whine about.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Dec '17 20:194 edits
    Waffle as in when responding to a direct question you avoid actually answering by writing copious semi-related or unrelated verbiage in an effort to disguise the fact that you have avoided the direct question.

This is usually padded out with lots of unnecessary html “quotes”, of for example the original post, when the reply and quote has already ret ...[text shortened]... minister’s thoughts and presented them without acknowledgement.

That kind of regurgitating.
    you have plagiarised another minister’s thoughts

And being given phone #, address, email and names of people to whom you could make a complaint, you still have too much of a yellow streak up your back to bring my alleged "plagiarism" to the attention of anyone.

If you're too chicken to make a formal complaint about my supposed plagiarizing then who are you trying to impress ??

In the final analysis Divegeester, all you really have is cheap shots.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Dec '17 22:34
    Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
    Pfft. Deep under that cold facade there is a real person.
    Are you talking about me or yourself?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Dec '17 22:35
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Self anointed as in presuming you are here to teach the forum as evidence by your “in this thread I shall talk about xyz” type of OPs

And if I changed the tone of my OPs, you would probably find something else to whine about.
    It was you who asked me to explain what I meant.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Dec '17 22:38
    Originally posted by @sonship
    And being given phone #, address, email and names of people to whom you could make a complaint, you still have too much of a yellow streak up your back to bring my alleged "plagiarism" to the attention of anyone.

If you're too chicken to make a formal complaint about my supposed plagiarizing then who are you trying to impress ??

In the final analysis Divegeester, all you really have is cheap shots.
    What I have sonship, is a fair assessment of your mainline posting in here.

Why on Earth you think I should feel obliged to present a case about you to the site administration is beyond me. Why would they care?
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Dec '17 06:051 edit
    No, it doesn't.
    Can you trust the fallible judgement of humans then?
  11. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    15 Dec '17 06:10
    Can you trust the fallible judgement of humans then?
    Sometimes. About some things.
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Dec '17 12:54
    Sometimes. About some things.
    Ok, when it suits you I guess?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Dec '17 13:11
    I'd kill someone to stop them murdering members of my family, and if it was the only recourse I felt I had, because doing so would - to use your peculiar choice of word - "suit" me, yes. Wouldn't it "suit" you to do the same?
  14. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    15 Dec '17 14:291 edit
    When the claims are reasonable and well-supported, trust is merited.

When the claims are audacious and proffered evidence is lacking, not so much.
  15. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Dec '17 19:18
    When the claims are reasonable and well-supported, trust is merited.

When the claims are audacious and proffered evidence is lacking, not so much.
    Everyone’s definition of what is reasonable and well supported may differ. Do you think believers in God do not believe the evidence for the existence of God is reasonable and well supported from their perspective?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree