1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Jul '10 16:57
    Only one primary historical focus...

Only one primary historical focus: the unique person of The Lord Jesus Christ (undiminished deity/impeccable humanity in hypostatic union in one person forever). Only issue: you. Only question: 'What do you think of Him'. Only answer that matters: who prevails in the arena between your ears. Only decision of consequence: your immortal soul's eternal address. Choice is yours.

2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Jul '10 17:12
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Only one primary historical focus...

Only one primary historical focus: the unique person of The Lord Jesus Christ (undiminished deity/impeccable humanity in hypostatic union in one person forever). Only issue: you. Only question: 'What do you think of Him'. Only answer that matters: who prevails in the arena between your ears. Only decisi ...[text shortened]... Choice is yours.

..................................................................[/b]
    So you think that the only way to know god is through christ? No other way? bhudda? krsna? (sorry for the boring questions everyone, i just want to know where GB stands on this and more importantly, why)
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Jul '10 18:05
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    So you think that the only way to know god is through christ? No other way? bhudda? krsna? (sorry for the boring questions everyone, i just want to know where GB stands on this and more importantly, why)
    Good morning, Karoly. Thanks again for our enjoyable give and take last night. Aware that it's sometimes (though not always) poor form to reply to an earnest, unimbedded false premise question, with an equally earnest follow on question but why on the face of God's green earth would any rational/thoughtful person ever even consider entertaining the notion of placing the eternal destiny and happiness of his/her soul in the hands of another enterprising creature? Might as well worship brazen idols.

.............................................................................
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 Jul '10 18:40
    Only one primary historical focus: the unique person of The Lord Jesus Christ (undiminished deity/impeccable humanity in hypostatic union in one person forever). Only issue: you. Only question: 'What do you think of Him'. Only answer that matters: who prevails in the arena between your ears. Only decision of consequence: your immortal soul's eternal address. Choice is yours.
    And the whole premise being based on a rather vaguely defined entity called a soul, that I don't believe exists and even if I was to allow that it might exist, I really don't care what its eternal address will be.
    Why do you care?
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Jul '10 19:28
    Originally posted by twhitehead

And the whole premise being based on a rather vaguely defined entity called a soul, that I don't believe exists and even if I was to allow that it might exist, I really don't care what its eternal address will be.
    Why do you care?
    Twhit, you already know by reason of volitional respect that I'm okay with whatever you decide to define, believe, allow or care

about. Only reason I care about the eternal address of my soul is 'cause you only insure those things you can't afford to lose.

6. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 Jul '10 19:36
    Only reason I care about the eternal address of my soul is 'cause you only insure those things you can't afford to lose.
    Thats not really an answer.
    What do you believe your soul is? Does it think like you? Think for you? Does it have your memories? Will it have your memories when it gets to its eternal address?
    Why do you care about it?
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    10 Jul '10 19:53
    [b]Only one primary historical focus...

Only one primary historical focus: the unique person of The Lord Jesus Christ (undiminished deity/impeccable humanity in hypostatic union in one person forever). Only issue: you. Only question: 'What do you think of Him'. Only answer that matters: who prevails in the arena between your ears. Only decisi ...[text shortened]... Choice is yours.

..................................................................[/b]
    What happens if you live in one of those places that tells you Christianity is idol worship, and that there is only one God and his name is Allah? What if they tell you that Christians misunderstand Jesus, and that the religion of Jesus is Islam and always has been?
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Jul '10 19:58
    Originally posted by twhitehead

Thats not really an answer.

What do you believe your soul is? Does it think like you? Think for you? Does it have your memories? Will it have your memories when it gets to its eternal address?
    Why do you care about it?
    Second aspect of my trichotomous being. It's the very essence of me. My kardia or frontal lobes receive and process information,

assimilate and circulate and apply thought. Memory and vocabulary storage are two of its compartments. Yes. Duh... it's me.

............................................................................
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Jul '10 20:081 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    What happens if you live in one of those places that tells you Christianity is idol worship, and that there is only one God and his name is Allah? What if they tell you that Christians misunderstand Jesus, and that the religion of Jesus is Islam and always has been?
    ATY, one of God's attributes is His Justice, which means He is fair. There is nobody who ever wished to know the truth for whom it's not been provided nor from whom it's ever been withheld. If you're serious, please consider ordering the publication "Heathenism" at no cost or obligation. Link's in my profile.

..........................................................................................
  10. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    10 Jul '10 20:11
    ATY, one of God's attributes is His Justice, which means He is fair. There is nobody

who ever wished to know the truth for whom it's not been provided nor from whom

it's ever been withheld. If you're serious, please consider phone call or postal mail

ordering the publication "Heathenism" at no cost or obligation. Link's in my profile.

...[text shortened]... .........................................................................................
    So your answer is - "read this book".

Neither they nor I are convinced. They can provide plenty of Islamic apologetics to counter your Christian apologetics, and I'm an atheist who is watching this whole discussion from outside.
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Jul '10 20:161 edit
    So your answer is - "read this book".

Neither they nor I are convinced. They can provide plenty of Islamic apologetics to counter your Christian apologetics, and I'm an atheist who is watching this whole discussion from outside.
    Respect your decision. Only thing you've lost for all time is the excuse

that 'nobody ever told me'. You've chosen darkness rather than light.
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    10 Jul '10 20:59

that 'nobody ever told me'. You've chosen darkness rather than light.

that 'nobody ever told me'. You've chosen ignorance rather than an open mind.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Jul '10 21:34
    Good morning, Karoly. Thanks again for our enjoyable give and take last night. Aware that it's sometimes (though not always) poor form to reply to an earnest, unimbedded false premise question, with an equally earnest follow on question but why on the face of God's green earth would any rational/thoughtful person ever even consider entertaining the no ...[text shortened]... en idols.

.............................................................................
    Good morning to you too!
    (I believe your last question was a rhetorical one so I'll lay off. Thnx for the answer)
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Jul '10 23:21

that 'nobody ever told me'. You've chosen ignorance rather than an open mind.
    We're good. Thanks again for yesterday's terrific quote.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Jul '10 23:24
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Good morning to you too!
    (I believe your last question was a rhetorical one so I'll lay off. Thnx for the answer)
    Doubting Thomas I've always respected and appreciated. Too much at stake to risk getting it wrong.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree