"... or doesn't the person or thing really matter?"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
22 Mar 12

Originally posted by jaywill
I disagree. Spirituality involves the spirit of man. If a man does not learn to use his spirit he lives a two dimensional life in a three dimensional world.

Part of his humanity is neglected if he does not use his spirit.
What about women, do they have spirit too?

Assuming that you are right and 'spirituality' involves the 'spirit of [people]'.
What is spirit? and how do you know we have one?

How does one test for it?
What are it's properties?
What is it for?
And how does one 'use' it?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
22 Mar 12

Originally posted by Agerg
length, breadth, height

hope this helps 🙂
In your haste to post a superficial reply you inadvertently omitted 'bathos' (depth).

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
22 Mar 12

Originally posted by stellspalfie
the correct dna is what makes a human.
Human beings possess an immortal soul, while an animal's life is in its blood.

Moves
22 Mar 12

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
In your haste to post a superficial reply you inadvertently omitted 'bathos' (depth).
No actually In your haste to post a superficial response you have failed to realize that 'depth' is the same as hight.

Moves
22 Mar 12

Human beings possess an immortal soul, while an animal's life is in its blood.
Prove it.

Show me the evidence that we have a soul.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
22 Mar 12

Originally posted by JS357
When are you going to bring up the hard fist of reality?
Unneeded. One to a customer. You already got the point... and decided to remember it.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
22 Mar 12

Originally posted by stellspalfie
from a christians point of view are all humans born with a clean, 100% functioning spirit? is it the choices we make that reduce its functionality?
Wrong. All human beings are born depraved and prone to sin and evil, because of the genetic transfer (by the father) of Adam's Old Sin Nature. Conscience and morality are learned.

Moves
22 Mar 12

Wrong. All human beings are born depraved and prone to sin and evil, because of the genetic transfer (by the father) of Adam's Old Sin Nature. Conscience and morality are learned.
One of the more charming (sorry I meant despicable) beliefs of the Christian faith.

Original sin, one of the most despicable ideas I have ever encountered.

Again, I say prove it.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
22 Mar 12

Originally posted by googlefudge
What about women, do they have spirit too?

Assuming that you are right and 'spirituality' involves the 'spirit of [people]'.
What is spirit? and how do you know we have one?

How does one test for it?
What are it's properties?
What is it for?
And how does one 'use' it?
Gender isn't an issue now or ever.

Moves
22 Mar 12

Gender isn't an issue now or ever.
Well that's obviously bunk as the Christian religion is hopelessly patriarchal but my point was the fact that jaywill's post talked exclusively about 'man' and 'his'.

I was simply pointing out the huge (probably unconscious) gender bias in the use of language.

Then I went on to ask a load of questions, want to answer any of them?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
22 Mar 12

No actually In your haste to post a superficial response you have failed to realize that 'depth' is the same as hight.
GFudge, now you're getting sloppy with the distinction of perspective or angle of view... looking upward from below we marvel

at the height of stars as contrasted with peering downward from the rim of the Grand Canyon we begin to understand depth.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
22 Mar 12

GFudge, now you're getting sloppy with the distinction of perspective or angle of view... looking upward from below we marvel

at the height of stars as contrasted with peering downward from the rim of the Grand Canyon we begin to understand depth.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
22 Mar 12

Well that's obviously bunk as the Christian religion is hopelessly patriarchal but my point was the fact that jaywill's post talked exclusively about 'man' and 'his'.

I was simply pointing out the huge (probably unconscious) gender bias in the use of language.

Then I went on to ask a load of questions, want to answer any of them?
Probably best for now that you ponder and assimilate factual answers you've already received.

Moves
22 Mar 12

Probably best for now that you ponder and assimilate factual answers you've already received.
Well I have received none so far and those questions are relevant and pertinent.

So, actually its probably best if you actually answer those questions...

But that would require actually thought on your part and something other than a glib truism you got of a fridge magnet.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
22 Mar 12

Well I have received none so far and those questions are relevant and pertinent.

So, actually its probably best if you actually answer those questions...

But that would require actually thought on your part and something other than a glib truism you got of a fridge magnet.
Appreciate your contributions to the thread's topic.