1. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    22 Mar '12 16:53
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Appreciate your contributions to the thread's topic.
    YouTube
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    22 Mar '12 17:18
    Unneeded. One to a customer. You already got the point... and decided to remember it.
    Loud and clear. A bully, you are.
  3. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    22 Mar '12 19:462 edits
    In your haste to post a superficial reply you inadvertently omitted 'bathos' (depth).
    The three terms I specified "superficially" as you say (and in laymans terms) sufficiently capture all the dimensions of a human that we are equipped to talk about if we desire a tangible context for "dimensions" of a human (one may also argue that I should have included time, but then we'd have to open up our universe of discourse to actually include...the universe in that case). If of course you take a more esoteric view on the word "dimension" - one that is tethered to one of a set of world views (inspired by scripture or superstition) then you would be better served in defining your terms from the outset.

Hope this helps 🙂
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    23 Mar '12 14:26
    Note: To all who have kept this thread conversation lively and intersting my thanks. To any who have been slighted

or offended by the intensity of my passion or rough and tumble style... please accept my unqualified apologies.

gb

23 Mar '12 14:33
    Note: To all who have kept this thread conversation lively and intersting my thanks. To any who have been slighted

or offended by the intensity of my passion or rough and tumble style... please accept my unqualified apologies.

gb

USA
    Moves
    23 Mar '12 15:241 edit
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    why was adam prone to sin?
    To repeat from page two:

"All human beings are born depraved and prone to sin and evil, because of the genetic transfer (by the biological father) of Adam's Old Sin Nature. Conscience and morality are learned."

7. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    23 Mar '12 15:25
    To repeat:

"All human beings are born depraved and prone to sin and evil, because of the genetic transfer (by the biological father) of Adam's Old Sin Nature. Conscience and morality are learned."

To repeat...

Prove it.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Mar '12 15:343 edits
    Originally posted by Agerg
    length, breadth, height

hope this helps 🙂
    Yep, if you can't see it with them there eyes then it simply does not exist.......even though most scientists would agree that there are potentially other demensions other than what our feeble senses can detect and also acknowledge that instrumentation has shown that the human senses cannot detect much of what is really there.
  9. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    23 Mar '12 15:41
    Originally posted by whodey
    Yep, if you can't see it with them there eyes then it simply does not exist.......even though most scientists would agree that there are potentially other demensions other than what our feeble senses can detect.
    Well first we have sophisticated scientific instruments that can detect all kinds of things we can't see.

Actually the idea that nothing exists in this world that is outside of our ability to detect it (with our
    own senses) is a religious one.

It used to be thought that nothing existed that was too small for us to see because god wouldn't make
    anything that we couldn't see and enjoy. (an idea that held up biology and germ theory for some time)

However talking about other dimensions in physics...

There 'might' be other dimensions than the 3 of space and 1 of time we already know, however if they do exist
    they are not relevant to, or part of, human beings. (or regular matter full stop).

These extra dimensions if they exist must be wrapped up really really small otherwise we would already have
    detected them. Ordinary matter is stuck in the three spacial dimensions we already know of.
    So even if the universe does have more than three spacial dimensions then WE as beings made of matter
    would be and are still only three dimensional beings, just in a higher dimensional universe.
  10. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Mar '12 16:01
    To repeat from page two:

that doesnt answer why adam was prone to sin. unless you are suggesting he inherited his fathers nature to be depraved and prone to sin? remind me, who was his father?
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    23 Mar '12 19:421 edit
    Originally posted by stellspalfie

that doesnt answer why adam was prone to sin. unless you are suggesting he inherited his fathers nature to be depraved and prone to sin? remind me, who was his father?
    Adam was created not born in innocence and perfect environment and blew it by excercise of his own volition. Eve was deceived also by her own free will (falling for Lucifer's "God doesn't want you to know as much as Him" barrage of emotional bait). All human beings since, beginning with Adam and Eve are born defective, depraved, prone to show weakness in the face of temptation. Of the first two children the one named Cain became the mother of all murderers, summarily slashing his own brother Abel's throat out of vindictive jealousy.

Stellspalfie, I could wish you were serious in your search but you're not.

gb
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Mar '12 19:43
    Originally posted by jaywill
    I disagree. Spirituality involves the spirit of man. If a man does not learn to use his spirit he lives a two dimensional life in a three dimensional world.

Part of his humanity is neglected if he does not use his spirit.
    Don't you mean he would live a 4th dimensional life in a 5th dimensional world?
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Mar '12 19:49
    Originally posted by black beetle
    He tasted it, my trusty feer, through his bodymind😵
    So the way to his heart was right through the breastplate?
  14. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Mar '12 20:48
    Adam was created not born in innocence and perfect environment and blew it by excercise of his own volition. Eve was deceived also by her own free will (falling for Lucifer's "God doesn't want you to know as much as Him" barrage of emotional bait). All human beings since, beginning with Adam and Eve are born defective, depraved, prone to show wea ...[text shortened]... usy.

Stellspalfie, I could wish you were serious in your search but you're not.

gb
    fine, i get all that. we sin because of adams sin, but you didnt answer the question - why did adam sin? why was it in adams nature to sin. we got it of him, where did he get it?

serious in my search for what?
  15. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    24 Mar '12 06:08
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So the way to his heart was right through the breastplate?
    Henry de Bohun, like a finicky lass
    charged the Scot wearing panties of brass.
    Bruce asked him "Don't they chafe?"
    He said "Yes, but I 'm safe
    from prickles and pins in the grass"
    😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree