1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 Mar '12 16:541 edit
    "... or doesn't the person or thing really matter?

"Spirituality can refer to an ultimate or an alleged immaterial reality;[1] an inner path enabling a person to discover the essence of his/her being; or the “deepest values and meanings by which people live.”[2] Spiritual practices, including meditation, prayer and contemplation, are intended to develop an individual's inner life; spiritual experience includes that of connectedness with a larger reality, yielding a more comprehensive self; with other individuals or the human community; with nature or the cosmos; or with the divine realm.[3] Spirituality is often experienced as a source of inspiration or orientation in life.[4] It can encompass belief in immaterial realities or experiences of the immanent or transcendent nature of the world." -wiki

If spirituality is an integral dimension of being a human being, isn't the object of an individual's focus (or worship) of crucial importance or doesn't the person or thing really matter?

gb
  2. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 Mar '12 17:15
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]"... or doesn't the person or thing really matter?

"Spirituality can refer to an ultimate or an alleged immaterial reality;[1] an inner path enabling a person to discover the essence of his/her being; or the “deepest values and meanings by which people live.”[2] Spiritual practices, including meditation, prayer and contemplation, are intend ...[text shortened]... (or worship) of crucial importance or doesn't the person or thing really matter?

gb[/b]
    Spirituality isn’t an integral dimension of being a human being.
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    21 Mar '12 17:34
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    I disagree. Spirituality involves the spirit of man. If a man does not learn to use his spirit he lives a two dimensional life in a three dimensional world.

Part of his humanity is neglected if he does not use his spirit.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 Mar '12 18:31
    What then are the integral dimensions of a human being?
  5. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    21 Mar '12 21:03
    length, breadth, height

hope this helps πŸ™‚
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 Mar '12 21:42
    Originally posted by jaywill
    I disagree. Spirituality involves the spirit of man. If a man does not learn to use his spirit he lives a two dimensional life in a three dimensional world.

even if you are correct and there is a real spiritual side to the universe (and i dont) it still doesnt make it 'integral' does it. are all of the human senses 'integral' to being human? no! so if im missing one of the '3rd dimension' as you say it doesnt mean that it is 'integral' to me. to say something is 'integral' to being human is to suggest without it you are not human.
  7. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 Mar '12 21:44
    the correct dna is what makes a human.
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    21 Mar '12 23:331 edit
    even if you are correct and there is a real spiritual side to the universe (and i dont) it still doesnt make it 'integral' does it. are all of the human senses 'integral' to being human? no! so if im missing one of the '3rd dimension' as you say it doesnt mean that it is 'integral' to me. to say something is 'integral' to being human is to suggest without it you are not human.

I still disagree there. It sounds like you would argue over the definition of 'integral'.

Of course are human spirit damaged, comatose, or not functioning, or under the suppression of the rest of man's soul or body does not render the man "unhuman".

I agree with that. But does render the man lacking a very important component of his created being.

Having said that it is my belief that the conscience is part of the human spirit. So even the man who is not born again DOES have or should have a functioning conscience. This would indicate to me that the damaged human spirit in fallen man is not totally inoperative.

So a completely and totally unfunctioning spirit would be a terrible thing. I would expect such a man to act like Hitler or Charles Manson or one of the Conquistadors.
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    21 Mar '12 23:51

"Spirituality can refer to an ultimate or an alleged immaterial reality;[1] an inner path enabling a person to discover the essence of his/her being; or the “deepest values and meanings by which people live.”[2] Spiritual practices, including meditation, prayer and contemplation, are intend ...[text shortened]... (or worship) of crucial importance or doesn't the person or thing really matter?

gb[/b]
    When are you going to bring up the hard fist of reality?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Mar '12 00:00

This I agree with.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Mar '12 01:59
    Originally posted by Agerg
    length, breadth, height

hope this helps πŸ™‚
    + "life force" πŸ˜‰
  12. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 Mar '12 10:37
    [quote] even if you are correct and there is a real spiritual side to the universe (and i dont) it still doesnt make it 'integral' does it. are all of the human senses 'integral' to being human? no! so if im missing one of the '3rd dimension' as you say it doesnt mean that it is 'integral' to me. to say something is 'integral' to being human is to suggest w ...[text shortened]... pect such a man to act like Hitler or Charles Manson or one of the Conquistadors.
    from a christians point of view are all humans born with a clean, 100% functioning spirit? is it the choices we make that reduce its functionality?
  13. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    22 Mar '12 10:45

gb[/b]
    Methinks nothing is more “integral” than BodyMind (BodyMind lacks of inherent being).

Our theist friends argue repeatedly that the soul (the spirit, the mind) tastes pain and pleasure, courage and fear and that it also perceives reality, as if it were self-existent, as if it had inherent being and as if it were the prime element. However, arguing that “mind is furious” is like arguing that “mind builds houses”. In fact, the mind does not taste (perceive) reality; the human being perceives (tastes) reality through her/ his sixth sense, through her/ his mind, that is. The main subject of the motion (of the process of "tasting" reality by means of perceiving and triggering events) of the human being is not her/ his mind but her/ his BodyMind
    😡
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Mar '12 11:34
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Methinks nothing is more “integral” than BodyMind (BodyMind lacks of inherent being).

Our theist friends argue repeatedly that the soul (the spirit, the mind) tastes pain and pleasure, courage and fear and that it also perceives reality, as if it were self-existent, as if it had inherent being and as if it were the prime element. However, arguing tha ...[text shortened]... iving and triggering events) of the human being is not her/ his mind but her/ his BodyMind
    😡
    Ah my trusty feer, when the impudent Henry de Bohun, nephew of the Earl of Hereford,
    caught site of Bruce on his small horse and charged towards him in full battle regalia,
    did he not taste reality when the King stood upon his stirrups and cleaved him through
    with naught but a battle axe πŸ˜‰
  15. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    22 Mar '12 12:43
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Ah my trusty feer, when the impudent Henry de Bohun, nephew of the Earl of Hereford,
    caught site of Bruce on his small horse and charged towards him in full battle regalia,
    did he not taste reality when the King stood upon his stirrups and cleaved him through
    with naught but a battle axe πŸ˜‰
    He tasted it, my trusty feer, through his bodymind😡

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree