1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '22 17:07
    @kellyjay said
    It isn't that they don't know, they just don't care to admit it, and if they ponder to long they would have to because something out of nothing isn't something that happens. 😁
    You don’t “know” either.

Nor do I.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Dec '22 17:51
    The point of this thread is to have non believers of a Creator to admit their ignorance.

The story of Adam, created as an adult, is far better than what an atheist can provide.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Dec '22 18:172 edits
    @divegeester said
    You don’t “know” either.

Nor do I.
    Faith is not something we can prove it is something that we find trustworthy. By faith we believe God created the visible, the invisible created all that is. The universe doesn’t contradict this story of origin, it lines up. If you have any other method that accounts for everything speak up, or simply say you are convinced it doesn’t matter and hope your right.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '22 18:211 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Faith is not something we can prove it is something that we find trustworthy. By faith we believe God created the visible, the invisible created all that is. The universe doesn’t contradict this story of origin, it lines up. If you have any other method that accounts for everything speak up, or simply say you are convinced it doesn’t matter and hope your right.
    Thanks for posting all that faith speak, which I agree with btw, but is irrelevant to the fact that neither you nor I “know” how life came to be.

As you say it’s “faith”.
    You’d probably fair better in here if you accepted this.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Dec '22 19:37
    @divegeester said
    Thanks for posting all that faith speak, which I agree with btw, but is irrelevant to the fact that neither you nor I “know” how life came to be.

As you say it’s “faith”.
    You’d probably fair better in here if you accepted this.
    If we knew would faith come into play? As it stands now people walk out their lives as they see fit in faith that God created it, or they can embrace their desires without regard to the consequences ignoring the whole question.

If you want to accept that we are here for no reason any reason will do. People can belittle the faith of others, even belittle others but bottom line we are here and more than nothing is responsible.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '22 20:23
    @kellyjay said
    If we knew would faith come into play? As it stands now people walk out their lives as they see fit in faith that God created it, or they can embrace their desires without regard to the consequences ignoring the whole question.

If you want to accept that we are here for no reason any reason will do. People can belittle the faith of others, even belittle others but bottom line we are here and more than nothing is responsible.
    Thanks again for more of your personal philosophy of the origin of life.

The fact of the matter is that neither you nor I “know”. As you say it is accepted by faith. If we “knew”… for example if we were there when it happened, then it wouldn’t be “faith” it would be knowledge.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Dec '22 20:56
    @divegeester said
    Thanks again for more of your personal philosophy of the origin of life.

The fact of the matter is that neither you nor I “know”. As you say it is accepted by faith. If we “knew”… for example if we were there when it happened, then it wouldn’t be “faith” it would be knowledge.
    I believe God did it, I believe the universe makes more sense when you look at it that way than any other; therefore, I order my life due to that belief because I believe it is true. If I didn't believe it or found the whole thing meaningless to me, I would order my life due to those beliefs or lack thereof.

The scriptures that say, "the righteous live by faith," make sense as it does reveal our heart's intentions, though we cannot prove what we believe, we live by it nonetheless. So you have people who though they cannot prove the reality of God show by how they live, that they do believe, lip service simply will not do.

Habakkuk 2:4
    “Behold, his soul is puffed up; it is not upright within him, but the righteous shall live by his faith.

Romans 1:17
    For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, as it is written, “The righteous shall live by faith.”
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Dec '22 21:41
    @chaney3 said
    The point of this thread is to have non believers of a Creator to admit their ignorance.

The story of Adam, created as an adult, is far better than what an atheist can provide.
    But you agreed that the accurate answer is that we do not know what was the origin of life. How is settling for the speculation of a theological answer "far better" than the accurate answer?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Dec '22 21:44
    @kellyjay said
    I believe God did it, I believe the universe makes more sense when you look at it that way than any other; therefore, I order my life due to that belief because I believe it is true.
    You are describing faith and not knowledge.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Dec '22 21:50
    @kellyjay said
    If I didn't believe it or found the whole thing meaningless to me, I would order my life due to those beliefs or lack thereof.
    Is any and all speculation about the origin of life rendered "true" by the fact that, without that belief, their lives would feel "meaningless" and lack "-order"?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree