1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    18 Nov '06 21:041 edit
    It is a marvel that God could look upon someone as being as righteous as Christ Himself. New Testament salvation causes Christ to be the believer's righteousness.

It is a marvel that we could be clothed in Christ as our justification before God. The Bible says that the one who trusts in Jesus Christ actually becomes the righteousness of God in Christ:

"Him who did not know sin He made sin on our behalf that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him" (2 Cor. 5:21)

By believing in Christ and being joined to Him we can become the very righteousness of God in Christ. This is astounding. God not only judges our sins on Calvary. He not only forgets our sins. He not only removes our sins far away from us. He also looks upon the believer in Jesus as if he or she had never sinned.

But something more is here. The believer is "made the righteousness of God in Him". The forgiven sinner can boast the she has now been made by God the righteousness of God in Christ.

I hope this thread will dedicated to a discussion of the imputed righteousness of salvation. Many talk and talk about "Original Sin." They complain about how unfair it seems. For some reason they fail to grasp that what happened in Adam is reversed in Christ. And the forgiven sinner is clothed in the righteousness which is Christ Himself before God forever.

So let's talk about a phrase I have coined - "Original Righteousness".
  2. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    18 Nov '06 21:09
    Originally posted by jaywill
    It is a marvel that God could look upon someone as being as righteous as Christ Himself. New Testament salvation causes Christ to be the believer's righteousness.

It is a marvel that we could be clothed in Christ as our justification before God. The Bible says that the one who trusts in Jesus Christ actually becomes the righteousness of God in Christ: ...[text shortened]... od forever.

So let's talk about a phrase I have coined - "Original Righteousness".
    I may change my title from "righteous reverend" to "original righteousness". Thanks for the idea.
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    18 Nov '06 21:19
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    I may change my title from "righteous reverend" to "original righteousness". Thanks for the idea.
    The idea of Original Righteousness is symbolically portrayed in what God did immediately after Adam and Eve fell into sin:

They were expecting to die. For God had warned them that in the day they ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil they would die. Instead of them dying physically immediately, they witnessed God kill an animal and cloth them with the skin of the animal:

"And Jehovah God made for Adam and for his wife coats of skins and clothed them." (Gen. 3:21)

They sinned and became aware of their nakedness. They moved from a position of neutrality and innocence to a position of awareness of their nakedness. They had sown fig leaves to cover themselves (Gen. 3:7)

But God killed some beasts and clothed the couple with the skins of the beast. They witnessed the first death in God killing the beasts. They probably expected that it was them who should have been killed by God. But some beast died instead of them. And with that slain animal's outer coat their own nakedness was covered.

This was a symbol of the justification to come. God would cloth the fallen sinner in His Son Jesus Christ to be the sinner's only covering before God.

The sinners need to be clothed in the slain and resurrected Lamb of God. The sinner needs to be "made the rightouesness of God in Him."

This window into God's plan of redemption is seen there in Genesis chapter three.
  4. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    18 Nov '06 21:33
    The idea of Original Righteousness is symbolically portrayed in what God did immediately after Adam and Eve fell into sin:

They were expecting to die. For God had warned them that in the day they ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil they would die. Instead of them dying physically immediately, they witnessed God kill an animal and cloth them ...[text shortened]... /b]

This window into God's plan of redemption is seen there in Genesis chapter three.
    Can we have a one-side preaching forum, Russ?
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    18 Nov '06 21:35
    Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
    Can we have a one-side preaching forum, Russ?
    Sorry if you don't have anything worth telling anyone.
  6. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    18 Nov '06 21:36
    Sorry if you don't have anything worth telling anyone.
    Last time I looked, this was a discussion forum, not a soapbox.
  7. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    18 Nov '06 21:39
    Last time I looked, this was a discussion forum, not a soapbox.
    You don't seem to have a problem conversing with preachers as I recall. So make your point and stop whinning.

By the way, since we are on here kind of real time, want to have a chess game? We could finish it up probably within the hour.
  8. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    18 Nov '06 22:39
    You don't seem to have a problem conversing with preachers as I recall. So make your point and stop whinning.

By the way, since we are on here kind of real time, want to have a chess game? We could finish it up probably within the hour.
    I made my point. These forums are designs to facilitate discussion, not incessant monologues.

Hence, your extended proclamations of faith are presumptuous of our patience.

I have to admit, however, that what you say, you put tolerably well. Not cogently, but poetically.
  9. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    18 Nov '06 22:47
    I made my point. These forums are designs to facilitate discussion, not incessant monologues.

Hence, your extended proclamations of faith are presumptuous of our patience.

I have to admit, however, that what you say, you put tolerably well. Not cogently, but poetically.
    You have your style. I have mine.

You don't have to sit passively in your pew and say Amen. If you have a counter point make it. If I think it is interesting, I'll respond. If I don't someone else might.

Now if that's all you have to say to me, excuse me - I have quite a lot to stimulate responses from others by writing what is within me about my subject matter.
  10. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    18 Nov '06 23:01
    So having laid down some basics about Original Righteousness, how come people seem more prone to talk about the imputation of Sin from Adam than Righteousness from Christ?

Any ideas?
  11. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    18 Nov '06 23:07
    You have your style. I have mine.

You don't have to sit passively in your pew and say Amen. If you have a counter point make it. If I think it is interesting, I'll respond. If I don't someone else might.

Now if that's all you have to say to me, excuse me - I have quite a lot to stimulate responses from others by writing what is within me about my subject matter.
    So, you are a stimulator of responses?

I knew a girl like that once.
  12. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    18 Nov '06 23:151 edit
    So, you are a stimulator of responses?

I knew a girl like that once.
    For someone shooten the mouth off about monologues you're sure quick to have a one track mind.
  13. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    18 Nov '06 23:18
    For someone shooten the mouth off about monologues you're sure quick to have a one track mind.
    I have a one-track mind? Isn't that a case of the pot calling the kettle black?
  14. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    19 Nov '06 04:30
    "So then as it was through the offense unto condemnation to all men, so also it was through one righteouns act unto justification of life to all men." (Romans 5:18)

In the Bible the same principle that worked against us in Adam's disobedience works for us in Christ's obedience.

The "justification of life" is the organic joining of men and women to the divine life of Christ.

This is more than just poetic words. This is reality. God makes Christ the living Person our righteousness. We are clothed with Christ by believing into Him.

Man is regenerated and enlivened into a new dimension of life because Christ as righteousness, perfect righteousness is imputed to the one who believes into Christ. This is why the Bible says that the human spirit of the believing sinner is divine life because of righteousness:

" ... the spirit is life because of righteousness" (Rom. 8:10)

We can be born of God, regenerated in the kernel of our being because Christ as righteousness is imputed to us who receive Him.

The spirit in that verse is the human spirit, the innermost kernel of our being. It becomes divine life "because of righteousness." And it becomes "organically" joined to Christ - "He who is joined to the Lord is one spirit" (1 Cor. 6:17)

We can be clothed in Christ as our righteousness before God. We can be joined to Christ as our righteousness before God. God then looks upon us as He does upon His righteous Son. We can be "made the righteousness of God in Him"

So why do we bemoan the plight of Original Sin when the solution of Original Righteousness is there in Christ to present before God as if we had never sinned and as right as Jesus Himself?
  15. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    19 Nov '06 04:41
    [b] "So then as it was through the offense unto condemnation to all men, so also it was through one righteouns act unto justification of life to all men." (Romans 5:18)

In the Bible the same principle that worked against us in Adam's disobedience works for us in Christ's obedience.

The "justification of life" is the organic joini ...[text shortened]... t to present before God as if we had never sinned and as right as Jesus Himself?[/b]
    The problem is that Jesus didn't say any of that. He said he is a man and just a prophet to return Jews to the GOD way. All what you said is concolusions and you cann't prove any of it from your Bible.

Your words are very good but doesn't make sense because they are human made and represents only their writter opinion.

I asked you before in another threed who wrote the Bible? And I got no answer..

I asked you about Jesus worshiping GOD , and Bowing to him, and I got no answer.

So please if you want anyone to belive any of what you say you have to show the authenticity of your source.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree