Original Sin, what a disgusting concept.

Original Sin, what a disgusting concept.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 May 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
When will you accept the idea that a real god would never have put us in such a terrible position? Where we have our choice of hell or being a sycophant of a god who needs constant ego stroking? It all just goes to prove nobody knows what a real god is like for real. All they did was imagine what those early writers THOUGHT they would think what a god SHOUL ...[text shortened]... re not in the right religion.

That much I firmly believe. If there is a god at all, that is.
It appears to me that you are trying to inject your version of what a god should be like. Isn't that so?

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
18 May 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
It appears to me that you are trying to inject your version of what a god should be like. Isn't that so?

The Instructor
As it turns out, I have the capacity for independent thought. As opposed to you who value shutting off your own attempts at thought and just go along with the 3000 year old BS story.

All you can do is pull the 'oh you think you know the mind of god, now do you' card. Pathetic.

The pathetic part is YOU thinking YOU know the mind of god.

You wouldn't know a real god if it came down and kicked your asss which BTW, you sincerely need.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 May 13

As it turns out, I have the capacity for independent thought. As opposed to you who value shutting off your own attempts at thought and just go along with the 3000 year old BS story.

All you can do is pull the 'oh you think you know the mind of god, now do you' card. Pathetic.

The pathetic part is YOU thinking YOU know the mind of god.

You wouldn't know a real god if it came down and kicked your asss which BTW, you sincerely need.
And I suppose you think you don't need yours kicked.

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
18 May 13

And I suppose you think you don't need yours kicked.

The Instructor
And I suppose you are just the one to do it. Good luck with that one also.

You are just another pathetic relic whose level of real influence stopped 50 years ago.

You are an arrogant shyte with the audacity to call yourself an instructor. I have said a parrot could do your job but that would denigrate the parrot.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 May 13

And I suppose you are just the one to do it. Good luck with that one also.

You are just another pathetic relic whose level of real influence stopped 50 years ago.

You are an arrogant shyte with the audacity to call yourself an instructor. I have said a parrot could do your job but that would denigrate the parrot.
The epitome of arrogance and hate. Prepare yourself for hellfire!

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
18 May 13

The Instructor
I am already prepared for hellfire, which will never come so bring on your worse. I see asssholes like you everyday. What else is new. Not you for sure.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 May 13

I am already prepared for hellfire, which will never come so bring on your worse. I see asssholes like you everyday. What else is new. Not you for sure.
All have sinned and come short of the glory of God. But we have a Savior in Christ Jesus, who shed His holy innocent blood to pay the price of all our sins. All we have to do is believe on Him and we shall be saved.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
18 May 13

All have sinned and come short of the glory of God. But we have a Savior in Christ Jesus, who shed His holy innocent blood to pay the price of all our sins. All we have to do is believe on Him and we shall be saved.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

The Instructor
There you go, that is EXACTLY what this OP is about, that DISGUSTING concept that we have original sin. DISGUSTING DISGUSTING PUTRIFYING.

All that is is another form of boogey man to control weak minds.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 May 13

There you go, that is EXACTLY what this OP is about, that DISGUSTING concept that we have original sin. DISGUSTING DISGUSTING PUTRIFYING.

All that is is another form of boogey man to control weak minds.
Who do you credit for the fact that your mid is so strong?

The Instructor

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 May 13
8 edits

Yeah right, analyze atheism by a christian psychologist.

He was for years an atheist himself. On those grounds I found his psychological view interesting. He's been there and is professional Psychologist.

Hey, you can consult your favorite X Fundamentalist to critique Christians, can't you? So I can consult an X Atheist to give his professional opinion on the Psychology of Atheism.

You would listen to a "Been There Done That" Evangelical like a Sam Harris ("The Death of Faith" ) or a Bart Erhman ("Misquoting Jesus" ). So we believers can listen to this X Atheist Psychologist give his take on it.

A lot of you career skeptics can dish it out to others in spades. But you can't take some of your own medicine.

The Psychology of Atheism

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
18 May 13
1 edit

Originally posted by sonship
Yeah right, analyze atheism by a christian psychologist.

He was for years an atheist himself. On those grounds I found his psychological view interesting. He's been there and is professional Psychologist.

Hey, you can consult your favorite X Fundamentalist to critique Christians, can't you? So I can consult an X Atheist to give his prof te] The Psychology of Atheism

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJgKB2EQpoc [/quote]
Why don't you find a counter example of a theist psychologist going rogue atheist and seeing what HE or SHE has to say? For to you, being atheist IS going rogue, an aberration of what is supposed to be true and right so naturally you would be drawn to the words of an atheist seeing the light.

Give me the talk of one going the other way and compare the words then.

To me, atheism is the sign of the human race finally growing up. Regardless of whether there are gods or not. It is clear, even if there is such a thing as a god, I can declare with perfect honesty, I cannot believe the pathetic sycophant seeking vengeful god you think you worship is real, such a god would be considered insane by any real god coming around here. That means we are on our own to live or die on our own petards, we get ourselves out of our present mess or we die in the process. There will be no precious lord coming down to fix all the boo boos and your lord fixing things up for us stupid humans. Nope, we live and die on our own intelligence or lack thereof. The sooner the human race realizes that, the sooner we can begin to actually grow up and mature as a race. Right now we are a bunch of children with the emotional IQ of about 50 getting red in the face over any religious slight, starting wars, beheading people for even making cartoons of their precious Mohammed or people getting all incensed over someone making a jesus out of poop. A real god would just get a belly laugh over all that nonsense. But YOUR gods? that amounts to an act of war.
Yessir, REALLY mature behavior.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 May 13

To me, atheism is the sign of the human race finally growing up.

As for human beings displaying all maturity to an extraordinary degree, I am impressed with Jesus of Nazareth. And Jesus was so close to God that He constantly referred to God as His Father.

Atheists like Christopher Hitchens, Betrand Russell, Richard Dawkins, Same Harris do not impress me as much as Jesus Christ does when considering the maturity of human life.

Regardless of whether there are gods or not. It is clear, even if there is such a thing as a god, I can declare with perfect honesty, I cannot believe the pathetic sycophant seeking vengeful god you think you worship is real, such a god would be considered insane by any real god coming around here.

That is because you are incredibly ignorant and despise authority of all kinds most likely.

I don't see the God of the Bible interested in my groveling or sychophant behavior. I see God interested in my believing in Him.

This God emptied Himself of all outward majesty and died a cruel death on the cross for my sins. He humbled Himself and became obedient even unto death - the death of a cross.

And why should a infinite righteous God not take Vengeance on unredeemable and unreconciled wickedness?

That abhors you because you are the ultimate permissivist

per·mis·siv·ism
[per-mis-uh-viz-uhm] Show IPA

noun
lenience toward or indulgence of a wide variety of social behavior.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:
1965–70; permissive + -ism

That means we are on our own to live or die on our own petards, we get ourselves out of our present mess or we die in the process.

Sounds noble. Problem is that most people by far are merciful on themselves while being strict with others.

So a last judgment which is according to truth is conducted by God. And He knows all the facts, omits no important detail, exaggerates nothing, misses no contributing enfluence and is committed only to truth.

If you had any sense you'd realize that self excuses you used throughout your life will not amount to a hill of beans in the last judgment.

You would seek redemption through the offer of Christ to die for your guilty sins - to carry the penalty which is too heavy for you to carry.

There will be no precious lord coming down to fix all the boo boos and your lord fixing things up for us stupid humans.

Your sins are more than boo boos. And if you don't get reconciled to the Righteous God you will die with their crimson record awaiting you before the Ultimate Righteous Judge.

Then you will see that man's sins are not "boo boos." They are curses on his record which need to be cleansed away by the blood of Jesus.

You think you're going to appear before God and say "Oh, that was just a boo boo."?

Christ coming to die a redemptive death at Calvary was not for boo boos. It was for a extremely serious problem which clings to your soul. If the removal of this record before God is not done by the Savior, you'll have God and an enemy for eternity.

If you hate Him now as your enjoying His blessings day in and day out how much more when He passes judgment upon your sins.

Original Righteousness is the remedy for Original Sin. What Adam failed to do for all mankind Jesus as the second man, the last Adam accomplished for all who believe into Him.

For if by the offense of the one death reigned through the one, much more those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.

So then as it was through one offense unto condemnation to all men, so also it was through one righteous act unto justification of life to akk men.

For just as through the disobedience of one man the many were constituted sinners, so also through the obedience of the One the many will be constituted righteous." (Romans 5 17-19)

I do not use the phrase Original Sin. But whatever you whine about as being unfairly the fault of Adam, the same principle works FOR the human race in the second Man - Jesus Christ.

So while you complain about so-called "Original Sin" some of us see the great positive benefit of what might be called Original Righteousness in the Last Adam

Nope, we live and die on our own intelligence or lack thereof.

You don't know that.

And on that subject the One I think who is wise to consult is the One who died and rose again. He speaks with authority on the subject.

You don't know. You have wishful thinking that your gamble will turn out right.

While you gamble that life is essentially meaningless and you'll melt comfortably into the dust of the earth, I'd rather listen to Christ on the subject. I think He both raised Lazarus from the dead and rose from the grave Himself and speaks with AUTHORITY on the subject.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
19 May 13

Originally posted by sonship

To me, atheism is the sign of the human race finally growing up.

As for human beings displaying all maturity to an extraordinary degree, I am impressed with Jesus of Nazareth. And Jesus was so close to God that He constantly referred to God as His Father.

Atheists like Christopher Hitchens, Betrand Russell, Richard Dawkins, Sam ...[text shortened]... dead and rose from the grave Himself and speaks with AUTHORITY on the subject.
You are the one totally duped by your religion. 2000 years has gone by and no sign of a second coming, yet that has been touted for the last 2000 years, just around the corner, any day now, it is very close. It is not going to happen in 20,000 years or 2 billion years. I say again, we are on our own here and no amount of bible thumping is going to change that. All the incredibly violent atrocities that have happened in the past 2000 years and your alleged god does NOTHING? It is clear nothing is going to happen no matter what happens to the human race or our planet.

You would be holding your bible high praying for forgiveness for your terrible burden of original sin, that disgusting concept, when the big asteroid hits the Earth and wipes out all humans and most animals.

Another bitch I have. The story of the flood, so you god gets ticked off at some supposed devil worshipers or some such and decides, this god with infinite power, instead of just coming down and saying to those dastardly people, you are all dead as of now. No, what it supposedly does (which I believe to be a total croc of shyte) but what it does is kill most of the land animals on Earth because of the faults of a few humans? Another disgusting tale. Like a real god would kill BILLIONS of animals because of some sins of a few thousand humans. Another of the many crocs of shyte in your bible.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
20 May 13

You are the one totally duped by your religion. 2000 years has gone by and no sign of a second coming, yet that has been touted for the last 2000 years, just around the corner, any day now, it is very close. It is not going to happen in 20,000 years or 2 billion years. I say again, we are on our own here and no amount of bible thumping is going to change th ...[text shortened]... because of some sins of a few thousand humans. Another of the many crocs of shyte in your bible.
Still ranting and raving I see.

The Instructor

Moves
20 May 13

The Instructor
are you judging people again? didnt god say the judging was for him, not you?