1. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    16 Jun '13 21:53
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    thats interesting, can you tell us anything more about it?
    It's more accurate than the devil inspired text that your lot have reproduced.
    I showed you in the link where your lot have changed the sacred texts.
    Adding stuff in and worse still, leaving stuff out.

How could you stand by such a crime? Have you no mind of your own?

Leave that apostate group and come back to the real teachings.

Look no more to the Watchtower to discover where your brain has gone.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Jun '13 21:57
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody

now we are getting somewhere, more accurate you say, how do you know?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Jun '13 22:03

What about these verses Johnny, why are they more accurate?

Numbers 23:22
    God brought them out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn.

Numbers 24:8
    God brought him forth out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn: he shall eat up the nations his enemies, and shall break their bones, and pierce them through with his arrows.

Deuteronomy 33:17
    His glory is like the firstling of his bullock, and his horns are like the horns of unicorns: with them he shall push the people together to the ends of the earth: and they are the ten thousands of Ephraim, and they are the thousands of Manasseh.

Job 39:9
    Will the unicorn be willing to serve thee, or abide by thy crib?

Job 39:10
    Canst thou bind the unicorn with his band in the furrow? or will he harrow the valleys after thee?

Psalms 22:21
    Save me from the lion's mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns.

Psalms 29:6
    He maketh them also to skip like a calf; Lebanon and Sirion like a young unicorn.

Psalms 92:10
    But my horn shalt thou exalt like the horn of an unicorn: I shall be anointed with fresh oil.

Isaiah 34:7
    And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness.
  4. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    16 Jun '13 22:06
    now we are getting somewhere, more accurate you say, how do you know?
    Repent, turn away before it is too late.
    Accept the Lord Jesus as your intercessor
    between you and your maker for salvation.
    The time is short, very short. Shorter than you
    may realize. Very soon now events will take place
    that will shame the group you are part of.

there are many others who will be shamed too.
    Islam, Catholicism, and even the Anglicans who
    claim that they are more pure than the Papists
    who went before.

Behold he is coming and every eye shall see him.
    none shall be prepared for what is coming and none
    will be able to say I did not see him.

I was in the wrong grouping.

But you are in the wrong grouping too.

Many are called but few are chosen.

Many shall perish and shall not be remembered.

Will you be among those?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Jun '13 22:08
    Repent, turn away before it is too late.
    Accept the Lord Jesus as your intercessor
    between you and your maker for salvation.
    The time is short, very short. Shorter than you
    may realize. Very soon now events will take place
    that will shame the group you are part of.

there are many others who will be shamed too.
    Islam, Catholicism, and eve ...[text shortened]... ut few are chosen.

Many shall perish and shall not be remembered.

Will you be among those?
    ok now i can discern that you are falling into fiction, that's fine, let us know when the trance is over.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jun '13 22:15
    The Greek scholar A. T. Robertson, author of the unparalleled work, A Grammar of the Greek New Testament in Light of Historical Research, and the multi-volumed Word Pictures in the New Testament, writes:
    At this point [1 John 5:7] the Latin Vulgate gives the words in the Textus Receptus, found in no Greek MS. save two late cursives (162 in the Vatican Library of the fifteenth century, [No.] 34 of the sixteenth century in Trinity College, Dublin). Jerome did not have it. Erasmus did not have it in his first edition, but rashly offered to insert it if a single Greek MS. had it, and 34 was produced with the insertion, as if made to order. Some Latin scribe caught up Cyprian’s exegesis and wrote it on the margin of his text, and so it got into the Vulgate and finally into the Textus Receptus by the stupidity of Erasmus.” [1]
    Robertson shows how this addition entered the text. It was a marginal note. Since all texts were hand-copied, when a scribe, copying a text, accidentally left a word or sentence out of his copy, he would place it in the margin in hopes that the next scribe would copy it back into the text. Unfortunately, scribes occasionally did not make the distinction between what a previous scribe had left out of the last copy and wrote in the margin, and marginal notes that another scribe had written in the margin to help him understand the text. Therefore, some marginal notes got copied into the text as Scripture. Usually these additions are easy to spot because the “new” text will differ from all the other texts. However, there are times when people adore their theology more than the God-breathed original, and they fight for the man-made addition as if it were the original words of God. This has been the case with 1 John 5:7 and 8, and we applaud the honesty of the translators of modern versions who have left it out of their translations.
    The famous textual scholar, F. F. Bruce, does not even mention the addition in his commentary on 1 John (The Epistles of John). The International Critical Commentary does not mention it either. The conservative commentator R. C. H. Lenski, in his 12 volume commentary on the New Testament, only mentions that it is proper to leave the addition out. He writes: “The R. V. [Revised Version] is right in not even noting in the margin the interpolation found in the A.V. [KJV].” Henry Alford, author of the The Greek Testament, a Greek New Testament with extensive critical notes and commentary, writes:
    …OMITTED BY ALL GREEK MANUSCRIPTS previous to the beginning of the 16th century;
    ALL the GREEK FATHERS (even when producing texts in support of the doctrine of the Holy Trinity: as e.g., by [abbreviated names of Church “fathers”] Clem Iren Hipp Dion Ath Did Bas Naz Nys Ephih Caes Chr Procl Andr Damasc (EC Thl Euthym);
    ALL THE ANCIENT VERSIONS (including the Vulgate (as it came from Jerome, see below) and (though interpolated in the modern editions, the Syriac;
    AND MANY LATIN FATHERS (viz. Novat Hil Lucif Ambr Faustin Leo Jer Aug Hesych Bede) [Emphasis his]. [2]
    2. With the spurious addition gone, it is clear that there is no reference to the Trinity in 1 John 5:7 and 8. The context is speaking of believing that Jesus is the Son of God (v. 5 and 10). There are three that testify that Jesus is the Son of God: the spirit that Jesus received at his baptism, the water of his baptism and the blood that he shed.
    Scripture says, “We accept man’s testimony, but God’s testimony is greater because it is the testimony of God which He has given about his Son” (v. 9). This verse is so true! How often people accept man’s testimony and believe what men say, but do not believe what God says. We need to accept the testimony of God that He has given about His Son, and agree with the testimony of the spirit, the water and the blood, that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
    Farley, pp. 28-33
    Morgridge, pp. 70-87
    Sir Isaac Newton, “An Historical Account of Two Notable Corruptions of Scripture,” reprinted in 1841 (John Green, 121 Newgate Street, London), pp. 1-58.
    Norton, pp. 185 and 186
    Racovian Catechism, pp. 39-42
  7. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    16 Jun '13 22:16
    ok now i can discern that you are falling into fiction, that's fine, let us know when the trance is over.
    Yes I am making fun of you and I have to admit
    that is the quickest you have ever answered my
    posts.

You're a decent person Robbie. But I have to say that I find
    your chosen religious path a bit dubious to say the least.
    I showed you where the NWT translations differ from others
    but you are not willing to look at them.

No matter, it is my belief that if you are a decent person and do
    no wrong and do good to others as you might have them treat you
    then perhaps there might be some hope for us all.

I would not go door to door preaching for 2 reasons.

1. I don't like to annoy people .......and

2. I don't believe that I would be qualified enough to lecture them.
  8. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    16 Jun '13 22:17
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    The Greek scholar A. T. Robertson, author of the unparalleled work, A Grammar of the Greek New Testament in Light of Historical Research, and the multi-volumed Word Pictures in the New Testament, writes:
    At this point [1 John 5:7] the Latin Vulgate gives the words in the Textus Receptus, found in no Greek MS. save two late cursives (162 in the Vatican L ...[text shortened]... , 121 Newgate Street, London), pp. 1-58.
    Norton, pp. 185 and 186
    That's a mighty wall of text.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Jun '13 22:382 edits
    Yes I am making fun of you and I have to admit
    that is the quickest you have ever answered my
    posts.

You're a decent person Robbie. But I have to say that I find
    your chosen religious path a bit dubious to say the least.
    I showed you where the NWT translations differ from others
    but you are not willing to look at them.

No matter, it is m y people .......and

2. I don't believe that I would be qualified enough to lecture them.
    people are very rarely ever annoyed, we are not selling anything, in fact, believe it or not, some people actually like talking to us, its not the first time ive had come on in I could do with an intelligent conversation, secondly, of course you are not qualified, you have never studied the Bible. Get a free Bible study Johnny, free your mind, get out and meet real sober people.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Jun '13 22:41
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    At this point [1 John 5:7] the Latin Vulgate gives the words in the Textus Receptus, found in no Greek MS. save two late cursives (162 in the Vatican L ...[text shortened]... , 121 Newgate Street, London), pp. 1-58.
    Norton, pp. 185 and 186
    Indeed, the text at 1 John 5:7 is a forgery and an interpolation, let them justify its existence in the face of such overwhelming historical and textual evidence.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Jun '13 22:48
    Textual Criticism
    YouTube
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Jun '13 22:50
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Textual Criticism
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcHZDLB9uF4
    sorry we like to read, being mindlessly spoon fed videos is not our thing.
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    16 Jun '13 22:50
    There are thousands of extant manuscripts, codices and paparyi, in fact, there is more than any other ancient text, we dont here you crying about the account of Alexander or the Greek tragedies, which may have very little substantiating documentation, do we. And no its not the bible with the most copies, the NIV is a translation, not an original text, as is the KJV. People that are interested in truth and accuracy care.
    You said:
    It matters not that you have not the original, if ten out of twelve are in harmony then its an educated guess that this was what was originally written
    So you are talking about copies.

Nowadays there are millions of copies.

You were arguing that the quantity of copies which agree authenticates them ... if that is your position be consistant!
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Jun '13 22:534 edits
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    You said:
    It matters not that you have not the original, if ten out of twelve are in harmony then its an educated guess that this was what was originally written
    So you are talking about copies.

Nowadays there are millions of copies.

You were arguing that the quantity of copies which agree authenticates them ... if that is your position be consistant!
    what is it about original language papyri and translations of those papyri that you dont understand? textual integrity is not determined by translations as you have erroneously tried to assert, citing the NIV and Kings James version, it based on an examination of original language documents and some others which may be closely related. If i wanted to determine the textual integrity of an ancient Sanskrit text, why would I examine an English translation?
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Jun '13 23:311 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Textual Criticism
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcHZDLB9uF4
    Dont teach you this at Sunday school kidz!

In this connection, it is worth noting that the translators of the King James Version did not follow exclusively any single printed edition of the New Testament in Greek. The edition most closely followed by them was Beza's edition of 1598, but they departed from this edition for the reading in some other published Greek text at least 170 times, and in at least 60 places, the KJV translators abandoned all then-existing printed editions of the Greek New Testament, choosing instead to follow precisely the reading in the Latin Vulgate version.

http://www.bible-researcher.com/kutilek1.html

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree