1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Dec '17 12:54
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Then followed a period of silence by you, and only after several reminders by myself did you resurface,....not to apologise for calling him an idiot, but to instead provide biblical support (as you have tried to do again here) as to why it is sometimes ok to be insulting.

To be honest, the above behaviour makes this current thread by you difficult to take seriously.
    When sonship recently likened my attempts to debate and discuss things with him to me going and smelling the lavatory in a house I am visiting, he did not "provide biblical support".
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Dec '17 12:55
    I'm sure Rajk will appreciate that long overdue apology.

To aid your memory (careful phrasing my foot) you directly called him an idiot. When I later reminded you of this (following some distinctly pompous thread on how Christians were above such insults) you challenged me to link to the post where you had made such a comment. When I promptly did ...[text shortened]...
    To be honest, the above behaviour makes this current thread by you difficult to take seriously.
    To aid your memory (careful phrasing my foot) you directly called him an idiot.

Give me the quotation.
    Let's settle it.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Dec '17 12:581 edit
    To aid your memory (careful phrasing my foot) you directly called him an idiot. When I later reminded you of this (following some distinctly pompous thread on how Christians were above such insults) you challenged me to link to the post where you had made such a comment. When I promptly did so you replied that an apology may indeed be forthcoming. - ...[text shortened]... cal support (as you have tried to do again here) as to why it is sometimes ok to be insulting.
    This is typical sonship behaviour; he’s done it to me several times, at least twice over the “hung in chains of punishment” and “beings on other worlds” fiasco. When confronted with his behaviour is just disappears and has to be badgered into responding.

That sonship thinks he “feeds Christ to Christians” in here is a wonderful piece of RHP forum gold.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Dec '17 12:58
    Ha ha, same old same old. Even if Ghost of a Duke does decide to jump through sonship's little passive aggressive hoop here, yet again, what are the chances - like so many times before - that sonship goes quiet and lies low for a few days or a week if the quotation is produced? 😀
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Dec '17 12:59
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Give me the quotation.
    Let's settle it.
    Here we go...🙄
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Dec '17 13:01
    Ghost of Duke,

You don't have to take this or any thread or post of mine seriously if you don't want to. If it serves you better to dismiss every word, that's okay with me.

You can also dismiss the Bible and the words of Jesus, if you want to. Don't wait around for me to recall them. Just go ahead and count the whole Bible as beneath you.

Now if you don't mind, or you do, I'll write to some possible other readers who may want to know something about overcoming failures as disciples of Christ.

Have a super life.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Dec '17 13:07
    Notice folks that Revelation announces the the overcomers did not overcome because they no longer made any mistakes. But they overcame because of other three reasons.

"And they overcame him [the accuser] because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony, and they loved not their soul-life unto death." (Rev. 12:11)

I thought they overcame the Devil because they no longer had any failures. That's not really what it says at all.

They overcame the accuser's dripping, dripping, nagging, nagging accusation day and night. They told him to go look at the blood of Christ the Redeemer.

Let's see the verse before:

"And I heard a loud voice in heaven saying,

Now has come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of His Christ, for the accuser of our brothers has been cast down, who accuses them before our God day and night.

And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb, and because ... etc. etc."
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Dec '17 13:092 edits
    Notice folks that Revelation announces the the overcomers did not overcome because they no longer made any mistakes. But they overcame because of other three reasons.
    You sound like the JWs when you get like this.

Look, look I’m being oppressed! I must be right otherwise I wouldn’t be persecuted....
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Dec '17 13:36
    Spiritual warfare must handle well the truth of Christ's redemption.
    We overcome by the blood of the Lamb.

We also overcome by standing on the proclamations of a faithful God as our inheritance. They overcame by the word of their testimony.

If a Christian practices these two things she or he will love Christ more than their own soul lives. The cure for self love is to stand on the promises of God, apart from feelings, apart from what you see. You walk by faith.

You proclaim what the word of God has said, the divine FACTS.
    Jesus is Lord - FACT.
    Jesus predestinated me to be an overcomer - FACT
    John SAW me in the New Jerusalem already - FACT
    Christ crushed the Devil - FACT
    We believers will be presented faultless before God without blemish - FACT.

Learn this well. Satan is not afraid of you arguing theology.
    Satan fears you proclaiming the facts of the truth.

These truths must be the word of our testimony - to the believer in Jesus.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Dec '17 13:41
    Jesus predestinated me to be an overcomer - FACT
    One way to test doctrine soundness is to mix two of new firmly held beliefs; here you declare your belief in predestination.

If we mix predestination with your other belief of eternal suffering, the resulting abomination is a philosophy where your version of Jesus predestines some people to be saved and by definition predestines others to go to eternal hell.

Your belief structure is a mess.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Dec '17 13:441 edit
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    You sound like the JWs when you get like this.

Look, look I’m being oppressed! I must be right otherwise I wouldn’t be persecuted....
    LOL.

How much time have I spent on "persecution" ?
    Seems like you're the one who wants to keep that song going in fortissimo.

Try writing two consecutive positive sentences aiding anyone in the pursuit of spirituality. Try to write two consecutive positive posts to anyone wanting to draw near to God.

I mean the whining maestros here really should try proposing some more positive speaking.

instead of "Give us this day our daily bread" it seems like their petition is "Give us this day our daily grumblings."
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Dec '17 13:49
    LOL.

How much time have I spent on "persecution" ?
    Seems like you're the one who wants to keep that song going in fortissimo.

Try writing two consecutive positive sentences aiding anyone in the pursuit of spirituality. Try to write two consecutive positive posts to anyone wanting to draw near to God.

I mean the whining maestros here really sho ...[text shortened]... y our daily bread"
    it seems like their petition is "Give us this day our daily grumblings."[/b]
    Stop whining then, you sound like a bleating victim all the time. Post something positive. Your psalm 10 thread and my response to you in it is another example.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Dec '17 13:54

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Dec '17 13:54
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    One way to test doctrine soundness is to mix two of new firmly held beliefs; here you declare your belief in predestination.

If we mix predestination with your other belief of eternal suffering, the resulting abomination is a philosophy where your version of Jesus predestines some people to be saved and by definition predestines others to go to eternal hell.

You never read ?

" Having predestinated us to sonship through Jesus Christ ..." (Eph. 1:5)

My attitude is, If it is useful for me gaining more Christ, lay hold of it.

We need all the help we can get. So why not stand on His word?

"Predestinating us unto sonship thorugh Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will ..."

Have you not realized the power of standing on the word of God ??

I don't take Ephesians 1:5 in that way. It is like this. If a Jumbo Jet is going from NY to LA, if you get ON that Jumbo Jet, your destiny is to go where it goes ... PERIOD.

I take the promise of predestination as being the KEY at the words - "through Jesus Christ".

Now some may find fault with this and have many theological classifications about what it is. That is secondary to my practicality.

If the passage will help me gain more Christ, I lay hold of it.
    We overcome also by the word of our testimony.

Let's say I major in eating the food on the menu.
    Maybe you major in having a really neatly arranged and designed menu.

What good does that do if you don't EAT?
    Do you want to starve with a nicely laid out menu in your hands?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Dec '17 13:561 edit
    " Having predestinated us to sonship through Jesus Christ ..." (Eph. 1:5)
    It’s funny that you pick predestination as the doctrine that Im claiming to be incorrect in that scenario. You are an interesting religionist.

It the doctrine of death of eternal suffering that is wrong you doofus!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree