Pagan basis of the trinity.

Pagan basis of the trinity.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
03 Jul 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
A Christian dies gets to heaven and stands before God for his judgement. God looks him up and down and reads the mans CV handed to him by St Peter, it is one of the most exemplary God has ever seen. God addressed the man -

'What can i say? You have lived an exemplary Christian life. You have spent all most your entire life helping others and spreading ...[text shortened]... much? I'll put the kettle on for you, a nice cup of Camomile tea will sort you out'.
Lol!!! spelling it incorrectly would have been forgiven me thinks, but systematically removing an authors name from a book he published? Even Mr Dawkins would have a snowballs chance for the former when he reached the pearly gates! But our friend Doward? Its gonna be roasty toasty for him!

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Jul 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
A Christian dies gets to heaven and stands before God for his judgement. God looks him up and down and reads the mans CV handed to him by St Peter, it is one of the most exemplary God has ever seen. God addressed the man -

'What can i say? You have lived an exemplary Christian life. You have spent all most your entire life helping others and spreading ...[text shortened]... much? I'll put the kettle on for you, a nice cup of Camomile tea will sort you out'.
An appropriate story. With regard to the condemnation of other Christian sects over petty matters, Christ had this to say :

Mark 9:38-40 And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us. But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me. For he that is not against us is on our part.

But still the condemnation will continue because people fail to understand the essential message of Christ which is to 'love thy neighbour as thyself'.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
03 Jul 11

Originally posted by black beetle
Copy-pasting from here and there regarding this matter will drive you nowhere; you are confused, and you have to study this tricky topic seriously. So I will give you pieces of information and sources, and you may proceed acccording to your convenience.

Graeco-Buddhism was developed in the period between the 4th century BC and the 5th century in t ...[text shortened]... e clear that the Christian Trinity is just a meta-concept rooted on pagan beliefs
😵
I see that you have researched some Greek history. However, you happen
to be wrong on several points. First, the Trinity concept is older than the
Trikaya. The Trinity concept was a mystery partially revealed by Jesus the
Christ in the early first century concerning the Triune God that created the
heavens and the earth. This is why in Genesis 1:26, it is written that God
said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness..." and
why in Matthew 28:19, it is written that Jesus said, "Go therefore and make
disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and the
Son, and the Holy Spirit..." and why in Deuteronomy 6:4, it is written,
"Hear, O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord is one!" There is nothing
older than God.

Second, the idea that something has to be completely understandable to be
true is false.

Third, the fact that the Christian Trinity is a mystery that is not fully
understood does not mean it is irrational. To fully understand God,
we would have to be God. We can not even fully understand ourselves.
If you are not at least a Grandmater, I would say you don't fully
understand the game of Chess.

Fourth, it is not at all clear that the triune God is rooted in any pagan
beliefs. Don't forget the pagans believed in many gods.

So, in conclusion, I say you are wrong.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
03 Jul 11

Originally posted by Badwater
...and there you go again. Baseless assertions and personal attacks. As I say, it is so very classy.
But don't you see I censored myself by not saying the offensive word.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
03 Jul 11

And it's always good to hear from bb; fascinating stuff, as always.
Maybe so, but it is still a bunch of crap, in my opinion.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
03 Jul 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
what a puny feeble excuse for having systematically removed the name of God from your translations and replaced it, upwards of 7,000 times with inane terms. You have NO authority for doing so, NO basis for doing so and the result has been a botched job that has resulted in confusion and error. The name Jehovah, from the tertragrammaton, JHVH has be ...[text shortened]...
(John 17:6) . . .“I have made your name manifest to the men you gave me out of the world. . .
The "Jah" is really "Yah".

rc

Moves
03 Jul 11
2 edits

Originally posted by RJHinds
The "Jah" is really "Yah".
so it is, why then is Jesus pronounced with a J rather than a Y, for his name in Hebrew begins with a Y. You do say Jesus and not Yesus dont you?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
03 Jul 11

so it is, why then is Jesus pronounced with a J rather than a Y, for his name in Hebrew begins with a Y. You do say Jesus and not Yesus dont you?
You are right. It is "Yahshua", but most English speaking people know
Him by the name "Jesus". If I said "Yahshua" most people would not
know who I was talking about.

rc

Moves
03 Jul 11

You are right. It is "Yahshua", but most English speaking people know
Him by the name "Jesus". If I said "Yahshua" most people would not
know who I was talking about.
same with his father Jehovah. Did you go to church today RJH?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
03 Jul 11

same with his father Jehovah. Did you go to church today RJH?
No.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
03 Jul 11

I see that you have researched some Greek history. However, you happen
to be wrong on several points. First, the Trinity concept is older than the
Trikaya. The Trinity concept was a mystery partially revealed by Jesus the
Christ in the early first century concerning the Triune God that created the
heavens and the earth. This is why in Genesis 1:26, i ...[text shortened]... on't forget the pagans believed in many gods.

So, in conclusion, I say you are wrong.
Edit: “I see... ...than God.”

Wrong. The incidents I described are not “Greek History” but accepted historical details regarding Graeco-Buddhism. On the other hand, the Trikayan Concept is dated around 498BC.

Edit: ” Second, the idea that something has to be completely understandable to be true is false.”

A concept has to be understandable, otherwise it’s illogical. I evaluate the illogical concepts as false and therefore I discard them regardless of their origin.

Edit: “Third... ...of Chess."

The fact is that the Christian Trinity concept is not understood because it is an ill-considered meta-concept. And the fact that I'm not a GM shows clearly that I either don’t understand in full the Royal Game or that I never played the games I had to in order to get the norm, otherwise a GM I would be.

Edit: “Fourth... ...many gods.”

I never claimed that the Christian Triune God is found in another religion; however I claim that the Christian Triune God is an ill-considered meta-concept too
😵

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
03 Jul 11

I feel greatly flattered
😵

rc

Moves
03 Jul 11

No.
why not? are you not a Christian? do not Christian's go to church on Sundays?

Moves
03 Jul 11

Well, I would suggest that in calling RC a pip-squeak British idiot and bb's entry a load of crap, that you are being far too dismissive out of hand and all too ready with personal attacks.

The fact of the matter is that I'm quite certain your theology and RC's theology are far more congruent than mine to either of you. Regardless, RC is no idiot and for the most part engages in intelligent replies. I have disagreed with him on more than one occasion but I do respect his knowledge and the person he is. You'd be a better Christian by doing the same.

As for bb, my hunch is that you're simply not in the same league with him. I could be wrong, and if the situation ever comes up I'll say as much; however, bb has interesting things to say regardless of whether you agree with his base beliefs.

Just because someone holds a different view does not automatically make them an idiot or ignorant. There is much to be gained by meeting the minds, even if it is but to understand a view that you ultimately do not agree with.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Jul 11
2 edits

Well, I would suggest that in calling RC a pip-squeak British idiot and bb's entry a load of crap, that you are being far too dismissive out of hand and all too ready with personal attacks.

The fact of the matter is that I'm quite certain your theology and RC's theology are far more congruent than mine to either of you. Regardless, RC is no idiot and for g the minds, even if it is but to understand a view that you ultimately do not agree with.
Good post.... Obviously some here don't follow the mental attutude that a true Christain should have at all times.
These attributes are needed to be able to teach others in a loving and kind way and for them to learn and in turn teach others...

Galatians 5:22-23
New American Standard Bible (NASB)

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.