1. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Feb '13 20:381 edit
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    I love pancakes.

But I thought that the JW's didn't celebrate such festivals
    because they have a pagan origin.
    My father is a catholic, what can i say?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Feb '13 20:40
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Nooo.

Lemon and sugar is the only way to go ;-p
    Lemon, for someone as bitter as you, is that a good idea? your likely to shrivel up leaving the red ruby slippers for someone else!
  3. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Feb '13 20:52
    My wife once presented me with them covered in Sweet Chestnut Puree (Creme de Marron) and cream.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    11 Feb '13 21:201 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Lemon, for someone as bitter as you, is that a good idea? your likely to shrivel up leaving the red ruby slippers for someone else!
    Lemons are sour Robbie ... not bitter.

But sugar & lemon is def the way to go. 😀

Although the missus insists on Maple Syrup 😞

and the kids go with sugar/honey/syrup/ice-cream 🙄
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '13 22:20
    Ah yes, Pancake Tuesday the pre-Lenten indulgence.

Perhaps this is a good time to reflect on the following from a discussion I recently had with G75.

ToO:
    [quote]Is it correct to infer the following from your post?

1) There shouldn't be any JWs who ",in any way, participate in Lent or pre-Lenten celebrations such as Mardi Gras, Fat Tuesday, Shrove Tuesday, etc."

2) Those JWs who do participate in some way are NOT in "full and complete agreement" with the Watchtower Society and the majority of JWs.

G75:
    I guess you do not understand my answers. Must be to long. But yes you pretty much are stating what I said.

[/quote]

Seeing as I've pointed out the fact that Pancake Tuesday is a pre-Lenten celebration to RC in the past, it would seem that RC is once again knowingly intending to participate.

I wonder if G75 will feel compelled to save his fellow JW from himself. Also can't help but wonder how deeply this type of blatant hypocrisy runs within the Watchtower Society.
  6. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    12 Feb '13 00:20
    The confirmation bias runs strong with this one...

Even with something as simple as how to eat pancake's he can't help but pick and choose his data to
    bolster his world view...

I said "lemon and SUGAR".... The sugar, you know, counteracting the sour taste of raw lemon.

You need to take in ALL the evidence... Not just little bits of it that happen to suit your preconceived ideas.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Feb '13 03:32
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    The confirmation bias runs strong with this one...

Even with something as simple as how to eat pancake's he can't help but pick and choose his data to
    bolster his world view...

I said "lemon and [b]SUGAR
    ".... The sugar, you know, counteracting the sour taste of raw lemon.

You need to take in ALL the evidence... Not just little bits of it that happen to suit your preconceived ideas.[/b]
    You should take your own advice there when it comes to your belief system. 😏
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Feb '13 04:201 edit
    My father is a catholic, what can i say?
    I guess you say "thank you" to the JW governing body for not banning this festival.

They really don't let you think for yourself do they.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '13 09:461 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I guess you say "thank you" to the JW governing body for not banning this festival.

They really don't let you think for yourself do they.
    still bitchin about Jw's, what a drone.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree