1. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    18 Mar '17 03:06
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    For people to not learn anything only requires you to be their "teacher".
    go fish
  2. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    18 Mar '17 03:10
    Originally posted by FMF
    Huh? You believe that "good things" done by "those who did good things" will bring about the "resurrection of life" - this is your religious belief, and you are here promoting this religious belief - but you are "not qualified" to give any examples of the "good things" you are referring to?
    You misunderstand.
    The good things done are done after the person is resurrected.
    If they do bad things then it's bye bye for good.
    I'm not promoting anything.
    It's what the Bible says.
  3. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    18 Mar '17 03:14
    Originally posted by FMF
    You do realize, don't you, that your Watchtower magazine has explicitly stated that only members of the JW organization will survive the 'end times' and end up -flesh and blood alive - in the supposed 'earthly paradise'?
    Surviving the end of this system and dying and receiving a resurrection are two different things.
    How much better to be a survivor and witness the great hand of Jehovah God as He destroys this unsuccessful way of life.
    But there is a wonderful hope for all those who have died too.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Mar '17 03:21
    Originally posted by roigam
    In the resurrection people will be judged by how they act in that new life they are given as a gift from God through Christ Jesus.
    So, by "new life", do you mean the short time between their resurrection and judgement?

Don't you say the "evil doers" are resurrected to judgement? What "new life" do they get in the short time between resurrection and judgement? What about their life of unrepentant sin? Are you saying that somehow doesn't count?
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Mar '17 03:24
    Humans will have the chance to learn many things they might have wanted to learn but didn't have the time to do.
    Some might want to be artists, musicians, composers, engineers, etc.
    So many things can be learned when one has the unlimited time that everlasting life affords.
    Between resurrection and judgement? So "evil doers" will get to, say, learn to paint on their way to condemnation?
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Mar '17 03:30
    You misunderstand.
    The good things done are done after the person is resurrected.
    If they do bad things then it's bye bye for good.
    I'm not promoting anything.
    It's what the Bible says.
    Then exactly what are you on about with this quote?

"There will be a resurrection of those evil doers with the opportunity to gain everlasting life in that Paradise."

Just not seeing how that squares with the rest of what you're saying, like "If they do bad things, then it's bye bye for good." How do the "evil doers" get an "opportunity to gain everlasting life"?
  7. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    18 Mar '17 03:31
    Between resurrection and judgement? So "evil doers" will get to, say, learn to paint on their way to condemnation?
    Anything is possible.
    I'm sure that learning to paint will not be the key element in receiving a good judgement.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Mar '17 03:33
    Surviving the end of this system and dying and receiving a resurrection are two different things.
    How much better to be a survivor and witness the great hand of Jehovah God as He destroys this unsuccessful way of life.
    But there is a wonderful hope for all those who have died too.
    By "those who died", I'm guessing you mean "those who are 'resurrected to judgement' ".

Exactly what "wonderful hope" awaits them? Isn't what awaits them merely the "judgement of condemnation"?

How many times do I have to ask before you finally cough the answer out?
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Mar '17 03:34
    Anything is possible.
    I'm sure that learning to paint will not be the key element in receiving a good judgement.
    How is it possible for the "evil doers" to receive "a good judgement"?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Mar '17 03:35
    Anything is possible. I'm sure that learning to paint will not be the key element in receiving a good judgement.
    What "good things" do you think will be?
  11. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    18 Mar '17 03:441 edit
    By "those who died", I'm guessing you mean "those who are 'resurrected to judgement' ".

Exactly what "wonderful hope" awaits them? Isn't what awaits them merely the "judgement of condemnation"?

How many times do I have to ask before you finally cough the answer out?
    The resurrected have already paid their debt for their sins by dying.
    When resurrected they will have the chance to learn about Jesus and the way God wants us to live. If they live that way, they will be doing good things and can gain everlasting life.
    If after given that free gift of life they do not live the way God wants us to live (i.e. in peace and morally) they will be judged adversely.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Mar '17 03:47
    If they live that way, they will be doing good things and can gain everlasting life.
    Can you give any examples of this "doing good things" you are talking about?
  13. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    18 Mar '17 04:18
    Originally posted by FMF
    Can you give any examples of this "doing good things" you are talking about?
    Sure. The Bible is full of them.
    (Isaiah 2:4) He will render judgment among the nations And set matters straight respecting many peoples. They will beat their swords into plowshares And their spears into pruning shears. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, Nor will they learn war anymore.
    So, we will live in peace.
    (Isaiah 11:9) They will not cause any harm Or any ruin in all my holy mountain, Because the earth will certainly be filled with the knowledge of Jehovah As the waters cover the sea.
    So, we will konw our Creator, our Heavenly father, when we live in peace.

Also, (1 Thessalonians 4:3) For this is the will of God, that you should be holy and abstain from sexual immorality.
    And,(2 Corinthians 7:1) Therefore, since we have these promises, beloved ones, let us cleanse ourselves of every defilement of flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.
    Thes are a good indication of the way humans can, should, and will live in that new Earth Jehovah God is creating.
    Those who live by the Bible principles will be in line for everlasting life.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Mar '17 04:49
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    how would you not learn anything?
    when everything is perfect and there is no conflict then there is no impotence to learn.

This is a simple concept. Learning (about truth) is brought about by conflict. Do you not see this?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Mar '17 05:22
    Sure. The Bible is full of them.
    [...] These are a good indication of the way humans can, should, and will live in that new Earth Jehovah God is creating.
    Those who live by the Bible principles will be in line for everlasting life.
    Thanks. Presumably you believe that nobody can be "sinless". So what, in your view, is "judged": [1] how few "sins" are committed or [2] how sincere/sustained the effort not to "sin" is?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree