1. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    23 Feb '09 23:25
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    Where's the beating-your-head-against-the-wall emoticon when you really need it? I've tried, km. God eternally knows I've tried to explain my argument to you (mostly in the other threads). You just don't get it, and apparently I am not making myself clear to you. What more can I do here?

[b]You admit that the fact you choose A does not exclude free ...[text shortened]...

Really I should just respond here with "So you don't understand the difference?"
    I perfectly understand your objection. The ideas I am putting forward completly contradict the known laws of this universe of space/time. When i think about it myself my head spins.

But if space/time is the only dimension that exists then in my mind God cannot exist either. The problem is that the whole debate hypothesizes that an eternal God DOES exist as it's starting point.

If that;s true then we do need to be at least trying to think outside the box a little and imagine what the 5th dimension of eternity might be like. It could easily make a nonsense of 4 dimensions in my opinion.

You can of course say that God does not exist but the debate is about whether an eternal God is compatible with free will or not.
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    24 Feb '09 07:172 edits
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    I perfectly understand your objection. The ideas I am putting forward completly contradict the known laws of this universe of space/time. When i think about it myself my head spins.

But if space/time is the only dimension that exists then in my mind God cannot exist either. The problem is that the whole debate hypothesizes that an eternal God DOES s not exist but the debate is about whether an eternal God is compatible with free will or not.
    I perfectly understand your objection.

Well, I simply don't believe that. You haven't demonstrated that you understand my argument or how it relates materially to the concept of infallibility.
  3. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    24 Feb '09 09:55
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    [b]I perfectly understand your objection.

Well, I simply don't believe that. You haven't demonstrated that you understand my argument or how it relates materially to the concept of infallibility.[/b]
    I think what you are trying to say is that there must be at least some point in time when God doesn't know what you will do. If free will exists then there must at least be some point (however transitory) where there is some uncertainty about your choices (even to the extent where you don't know yourself).

In this sense God's knowledge cannot be 100% infallible( or certain) at that point in time.

Is that your argument?
  4. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    25 Feb '09 08:58
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    I think what you are trying to say is that there must be at least some point in time when God doesn't know what you will do. If free will exists then there must at least be some point (however transitory) where there is some uncertainty about your choices (even to the extent where you don't know yourself).

In this sense God's knowledge cannot be 100% infallible( or certain) at that point in time.

Is that your argument?
    Is that your argument?

No, that is most definitely not a faithful summary of my argument.

Like I hinted in the other thread, I don't have motivation right now to continue in this discussion. But I'll revisit the topic with you when I get more time and a better idea of how to present my argument clearly to you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree