Parish/School Crisis

Parish/School Crisis

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
01 Dec 05

Stratosph3re, you know it's really bad when you're gettin your love from atheists, humanists, and snake-handling Baptists.

The Peacemaker

Out of Lockdown

Moves
01 Dec 05
1 edit

Originally posted by ivanhoe
STRATOSPH3R3,

You described some of the difficulties you are having with this priest. Are there also differences of opinion between you and this priest about the doctrinal teachings of the Church that are standing between you and him ?
Fair question, one I would actually like to explore with our parish priest, but am not given the opportunity. I do not believe we diverge too far from one another in terms of the doctrinal teachings. We do diverge when it comes to the method of delivering the message.

For example the church has strong views on divorce and homosexual marriage, which if I look deep into my heart I tend to agree with, however I believe everyone makes their own choice in life and follows their own road. Who am I to criticise and judge - do I ostracise these people from my life because they do not adhere to the Church?

In the case of our parish priest he ex-communicated a member from the parish council because she was a divorcee, yet his secretary is also a divorcee. Where is the fairness and consistency?

The Peacemaker

Out of Lockdown

Moves
01 Dec 05
1 edit

Originally posted by kirksey957
Stratosph3re, you know it's really bad when you're gettin your love from atheists, humanists, and snake-handling Baptists.
Yeah, the apocalypse must be nigh 😉

l

London

Moves
01 Dec 05

Originally posted by kirksey957
Why do you think ivanhoe and I are not showing any love for stratosph3r3?

r
CHAOS GHOST!!!

Elsewhere

Moves
01 Dec 05

Originally posted by lucifershammer
Presumably because Stratosph3r3 has all of the love he needs from the heretic contingent.

Erm, Stratosph3r3, is 'l33t' the Church's replacement for LAtin or something?

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
02 Dec 05

Originally posted by lucifershammer
What did Sting say? "If you love someone, set them free. "

The Peacemaker

Out of Lockdown

Moves
02 Dec 05

Originally posted by royalchicken

Erm, Stratosph[b]3
r3, is 'l33t' the Church's replacement for LAtin or something?[/b]
Although 33 is symbolic number, and I would like to claim that I had some inspiration in chosing it, the simple fact is stratosphere was already taken on this site.