Congradulations to anyone beginning to enjoy reading the bible

I myself particularly enjoy the part from [b]Genesis 1:1
    through to Revelation 22:21[/b]
    Thumbs up!
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 May '14 14:371 edit
    All the verses on fools are very impressive in the book of Proverbs. And after you read them you are struck by this culimination:

Proverbs 26:12 ( a few versions )

New International Version
    Do you see a person wise in their own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for them.

New Living Translation
    There is more hope for fools than for people who think they are wise.

English Standard Version
    Do you see a man who is wise in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.

New American Standard Bible
    Do you see a man wise in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 May '14 14:42
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    You again putting words in my mouth that are not true. You should limit
    your conversation to truthful statements, I believe exactly what I said
    about the scripture in question, which is that you can answer a fool or not
    the effect will be no different.

Proverbs 26:
    4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, Lest thou also be like unto him.
    5 Answer ...[text shortened]...
    the truth and make claims about me as you just did since I didn't talk about
    Solomon!
    Kelly
    So this site is full of fools. You use this site as an example of people being shown the truth and they will not change.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 May '14 14:43
    Originally posted by sonship
    All the verses on fools are very impressive in the book of Proverbs. And after you read them you are struck by this culimination:

[b]Proverbs 26:12
    ( a few versions )

New International Version
    Do you see a person wise in their own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for them.

New Living Translation
    There is ...[text shortened]... b]
    Do you see a man wise in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.
    [/b]
    I knew a guy like that around here, you might remember him .. Jaywill I think his name was .. he always thought he knew it all.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 May '14 15:29
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    So this site is full of fools. You use this site as an example of people being shown the truth and they will not change.
    You are misrepresenting what I said again, you should limit your discussion to
    what is said. It is dishonest what you are doing.
    Kelly
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 May '14 15:46
    You are misrepresenting what I said again, you should limit your discussion to
    what is said. It is dishonest what you are doing.
    Kelly
    Lets see. You said:

it doesn't matter what you do to a fool, they will remain one.

Then FMF replied implying a fool can change with some of the right influence.

Then you disagreed using this site as an example :

.. You have been here long enough to see people confronted with truth and walk away unchanged

Obviously this site according to you, is full of examples of fools.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 May '14 16:02
    Lets see. You said:

it doesn't matter what you do to a fool, they will remain one.

Then FMF replied implying a fool can change with some of the right influence.

Then you disagreed using this site as an example :

.. You have been here long enough to see people confronted with truth and walk away unchanged

Obviously this site according to you, is full of examples of fools.
    Repeating what you said does not change what I did say. I did not say this
    site is full of fools, that was you. Stop lying, you have twice now accused
    me of things I did not say.
    Kelly
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 May '14 16:08
    Repeating what you said does not change what I did say. I did not say this
    site is full of fools, that was you. Stop lying, you have twice now accused
    me of things I did not say.
    Kelly
    Lets hope someone else will take the trouble to explain what you said/implied. Im not a good teacher.
  9. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    01 May '14 16:13
    Originally posted by FMF
    Really? Even if you teach them? Even if you guide them? Even if you show them? Even if you lead them? "They will remain one?"
    A person (whether foolish, or not) must accept guidance, leading, etc. before their position on an issue can change.

Even once they are open to change, it is not likely that a single person is going to be able to immediately tear down a position that has been built up in the mind over years.

There are different types of fools. Some are the RJHinds variety, where it does not matter how brilliant the argument, or well-stated the case; it will not have the slightest impact on him. His walls of ego protect him from any external bombardment.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 May '14 16:14
    Lets hope someone else will take the trouble to explain what you said/implied. Im not a good teacher.
    I know what I said, I said it....you twisting my words you have to deal with,
    but I'm good to let it go. We will both give an account for each word we say,
    you and I. I know you are not a good mind reader, or figuring out intent, or
    whatever it is you do when you take my words and try to make them mean
    something other than what I said.
    Kelly
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 May '14 21:30
    Correct, it will not matter! You have been here long enough to see people
    confronted with truth and walk away unchanged. We may not agree on what
    truth is, but it is there.
    So your concept of "fool" ~ your definition of it, and your interpretation of who the bible was referring to ~ only applies to the people on this web site? Have I understood you correctly?

When you say "it doesn't matter what you do to a fool, they will remain one" you are not referring to humanity at large? Just people "here"? Is that right?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 May '14 21:383 edits
    I knew a guy like that around here, you might remember him .. Jaywill I think his name was .. he always thought he knew it all.

That is not the case because I distinctly remember confessing to posters here and there that a question was too difficult for me to answer. Stick around and you'll no doubt see me tell someone that again. I think it is the best policy to admit when you don't know something.

I have also said that there are some "unknowns" about God's ways.
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    01 May '14 21:38

So, why wouldn't an honest academic or student of reality "change"? They're still alive and of sound mind.

So, why wouldn't an honest academic or seeker of truth "change"? They're still alive and of sound mind.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 May '14 01:55
    Originally posted by FMF
    So your concept of "fool" ~ your definition of it, and your interpretation of who the bible was referring to ~ only applies to the people on this web site? Have I understood you correctly?

When you say "it doesn't matter what you do to a fool, they will remain one" you are not referring to humanity at large? Just people "here"? Is that right?
    Neither, I said it happens I wasn't pointing to an amount here or else where.
    Kelly
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 May '14 03:26
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own eyes.
    Do not answer a fool according to his folly, lest ye become like him.
    (The paradox lifts this [IMO] beyond the usual 'fool' quotes in Proverbs. There are quite a few forum feuds at the moment where person X goes on about how foolish/confused person Y is, yet cannot help ...[text shortened]... ght for me to be angry, even unto death![/quote](The one I think of when I am stuck in traffic.)
    If one starts agreeing with a fool to prevent conflict, the fool is likely to think he is wise. Then the one that agrees is also risking becoming like the fool.

If the fool continues to be a fool and does foolish things that impact me, then I have a right to be angry about it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree