1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 May '14 07:101 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Neither, I said it happens I wasn't pointing to an amount here or else where.
    Do you mean to say that when you stated this: "what I see is a very clear picture that it doesn't matter what you do to a fool, they will remain one" what you actually meant was "it happens"? Is that what you are now saying you meant?
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 May '14 11:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you mean to say that when you stated this: [b]"what I see is a very clear picture that it doesn't matter what you do to a fool, they will remain one" what you actually meant was "it happens"? Is that what you are now saying you meant?[/b]
    I said what, what I said, it isn't changing. It does not matter what you do to
    a fool, answer them or not it isn't going to change. Examples can be found
    here, and else where, that does not mean that everyone here and else where
    are fools.
    Kelly
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 May '14 12:051 edit
    I said what, what I said, it isn't changing. It does not matter what you do to a fool, answer them or not it isn't going to change. Examples can be found here, and else where, that does not mean that everyone here and else where are fools.
    No one is saying that "everyone here and else where are fools" and no one is claiming you are saying that. What I am asking you about is whether a "fool" can change. Can a fool not be taught to overcome his foolishness? Can it be overcome through guidance? Can a fool not be shown or changed through example or leadership? You said "It does not matter what you do to a fool, answer them or not it isn't going to change." This is in direct contradiction of what the bible says, isn't it?
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 May '14 12:52
    Originally posted by FMF
    No one is saying that "everyone here and else where are fools" and no one is claiming you are saying that. What I am asking you about is whether a "fool" can change. Can a fool not be taught to overcome his foolishness? Can it be overcome through guidance? Can a fool not be shown or changed through example or leadership? You said "It does not matter what you do ...[text shortened]... not it isn't going to change." This is in direct contradiction of what the bible says, isn't it?
    With God it is possible, scripture teaches us that if we go to God and ask for
    wisdom He gives it. With man alone, I'd say you get what you get.
    Kelly
  5. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 May '14 12:56
    King James Version
    =================
    The Revelation 3: 19
    As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 May '14 13:051 edit
    With God it is possible, scripture teaches us that if we go to God and ask for wisdom He gives it. With man alone, I'd say you get what you get.
    So you're saying people cannot change? Not even if they grow up? Not even if they knuckle down? Hit the books? Turn over a new leaf? Get their act together? Not even if the wisen up?
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 May '14 13:22
    With God it is possible, scripture teaches us that if we go to God and ask for
    wisdom He gives it. With man alone, I'd say you get what you get.
    Kelly
    Prov 13:20 He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 May '14 13:33
    Originally posted by FMF
    So you're saying people cannot change? Not even if they grow up? Not even if they knuckle down? Hit the books? Turn over a new leaf? Get their act together? Not even if the wisen up?
    If you seek wisdom, you can find it, but those that don't think they need to
    will not. We are admonished to seek it, as we are admonished to seek God,
    and the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. Turning over a new leaf, or
    changing one's ways, repenting are things we are all called to do. Those that
    refuse to do such things, well....they are what they are.
    Kelly
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 May '14 13:41
    Originally posted by FMF
    I'm NOT saying people cannot change, just that some will not want to no
    matter what! The definition of someone who isn't a fool would be those that
    are willing alter their way of thinking, that are willing to change, grow in
    knowledge and so on. If they were willing to do that, than they don't meet
    the definition being a fool now would they?
    Kelly
  10. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    02 May '14 15:50
    My favorite books are Song of Solomon and Eccles.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 May '14 16:11
    If you seek wisdom, you can find it, but those that don't think they need to will not. We are admonished to seek it, as we are admonished to seek God, and the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. Turning over a new leaf, or changing one's ways, repenting are things we are all called to do. Those that refuse to do such things, well....they are what they are.
    Kelly
    So when you said "what I see is a very clear picture that it doesn't matter what you do to a fool, they will remain one", it wasn't what you meant? You meant something else? Is that it?
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 May '14 16:12
    Originally posted by moonbus
    My favorite books are Song of Solomon and Eccles.
    Then I think you would like the 'Book of Sirach'. It was one of the books which was in the Septuagint but was omitted from the King James.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 May '14 16:13
    matter what! The definition of someone who isn't a fool would be those that
    are willing alter their way of thinking, that are willing to change, grow in
    knowledge and so on. If they were willing to do that, than they don't meet
    the definition being a fool now would they?
    So we do not know if someone is a fool until they have spent their whole life a fool, is that what you mean?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 May '14 16:22
    matter what!
    So, when you said "what I see is a very clear picture that it doesn't matter what you do to a fool, they will remain one", what you actually meant was "what I see is a very clear picture that it doesn't matter what you do to a fool, some will remain one", have I understood you correctly?
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 May '14 16:411 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    So when you said "what I see is a very clear picture that it doesn't matter what you do to a fool, they will remain one", it wasn't what you meant? You meant something else? Is that it?
    When you confront a fool, what I said I believe, and it is what I meant. Who
    you think I'm talking about may not be. I'm also done repeating myself with
    you too on this topic.
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree