1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29 Aug '15 00:17
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    And apparently, you don't need faith, either. And oh yeah, even atheists and unrepentant sinners go to heaven because God is just such a nice guy.

You give us normal liberals a bad name.
    you, normal? ha!
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29 Aug '15 00:18
    Originally posted by divegeester
    A good response, thanks. You clearly don't think the OT is inspired scripture; do you believe the entire NT is?
    and if some of it isn't?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Aug '15 04:36
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    and if some of it isn't?
    You have said that you do not accept the Old Testament as being the inspired word of God; I'm just curious as to which parts of the New Testament you believe are and upon which you base your faith Christ.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Aug '15 04:132 edits
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Share your interest and would appreciate any particular passages of scripture which are your "favourite parts".
    In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
    (Genesis 1:1 NASB)

Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”
    (Genesis 1:26 NASB)

"For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day and made it holy."
    (Exodus 20:11 NASB)

“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."
    (John 3:16 NASB)
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    31 Aug '15 16:07
    Originally posted by divegeester
    OK, scripturally, I was thinking of the women not recognising the risen Christ and also the OT account of Melchesideck (probably spelt wrongly). I enjoy certain passages where those seeking Christ find him but don't recognise him. It is an interesting contemporary parallel.
    Thanks. Your statement, "I enjoy certain passages where those seeking Christ find him but don't recognise him." reminds me of Doubting Thomas.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    31 Aug '15 16:09
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Song of Solomon, one of the most beautiful hymns to love ever composed.
    Greetings, moonbus. I'd be interested in particular passages you enjoy.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    31 Aug '15 16:182 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    I eventually came to realize that I did not believe that the Bible was divinely inspired or that any supernatural occurrences had contributed to its writing. So, I could no longer subscribe to the claims that Christians make their God figure and about the meaning they attach to the life and death Jesus. As such, professing Christian beliefs became untenable.
    It's your prerogative to "believe" anything you wish regarding "Christian beliefs". Having rejected them, why camp out on a spiritualty forum?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Aug '15 16:21
    It's your prerogative to "believe" anything you wish regarding "Christian beliefs". Having rejected it, why camp out on a spiritualty forum?
    For the interesting discussion on matters related to Spirituality. This is not a "Christianity Forum", Grampy Bobby. What about you? You're not much inclined towards genuine debate or discussion; why do you camp out on a debate and discussion forum?
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    31 Aug '15 16:241 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    This dodge would then indeed indicate that your "Oh the irony" post was a trademark thoughtless swish-and-a-blurt. You sell yourself short, Suzianne, day after day. 😀

My comment about Grampy Bobby gushing self-promoting-ly about how he misses a certain poster - when the very fact he didn't/doesn't really know the poster at all, and rarely ever engaged him pr erly, and still doesn't - therefore stands - irony-free - and is an on-topic response to the OP.
    Originally posted by FMF
    "My comment about Grampy Bobby gushing self-promoting-ly about how he misses a certain poster..."

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)
    Original post by SwissGambit (on 30 Apr '14 21:49) Thread 159077 (Page 1 his second post)
    Parts of the Bible I like

"I don't see the Proverbs verses as a problematic contradiction. Perhaps the same word was used deliberately, as a rhetorical device; or, the words were different in the original Hebrew, and became the same in certain English translations.

It's kind of like other satirical jabs illustrating the frustration of difficult situations. Sort of like, "there are two theories to arguing with a woman; neither one works." (Sexist, I know; but the frustration is real)." About @SwissGambit: "Last moved 355 days 22 hours and 1 minute ago"

Personal Note: I miss the presence of this honest man on Red Hot Pawn's Spirituality Forum more than anyone else here could possibly know.....

Your objective insights, relevant comments, personal messages and thumbs down [which evidence readership] are welcome as always. Thanks,"
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    31 Aug '15 16:27
    Originally posted by FMF
    For the interesting discussion on matters related to Spirituality. This is not a "Christianity Forum", Grampy Bobby. What about you? You're not much inclined towards genuine debate or discussion; why do you camp out on a debate and discussion forum?
    Thanks for your opinion and for supporting this retrospective thread. Question: Why do you and Duchess64 still gratuitously post site nicknames?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Aug '15 16:33
    Thanks for your opinion and for supporting this retrospective thread. Question: Why do you and Duchess64 still gratuitously post site nicknames?
    What are you on about now?
  12. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    31 Aug '15 18:28
    I'm going to paraphrase this a bit...from the letters of Paul.

If anything is lovely, or noble, or of good report, if there be any virtue, think on these things.

Lately I am coming to appreciate the value of spending more of my thinking time on positive and uplifting things.
  13. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    31 Aug '15 20:251 edit
    Windfire where it wishes blows—
    the sound of it you hear but do not know
    whence it come nor where it goes.
    All who are born of windfire wayfare so.

My poetic rendering of John 3:8. Spirit has been associated with both wind and fire, and the ancient Stoics thought of it as God’s energy manifesting the universe—Zeno (as I recall) associated it with the element of fire, Chrysippus with both air and fire.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Sep '15 00:21
    "He will not fail you or forsake you."

Deut 31:8

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree