1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Jun '14 08:19
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    No, I am not hoping you would forget.

I said what I meant.

I don't believe you are intellectually capable of understanding the arguments for
    how it is that science disproves your religion.

As a first step you would have to be able to understand logical arguments.

You manifestly can't, and prove you can't on a daily basis. Including repeated ...[text shortened]... eems to be in vain. My question is how badly do I have to insult you for you
    to take the hint?
    Why can't we have discussions without the need to insult one another?
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Jun '14 08:31
    Originally posted by sonship
    But in the past you have also argued that you are not in a position to respond with a choice to accept or reject claims of the Bible.
    And when you say I deliberately do not want to see that there is some distinction? That's probably accurate.
    I think that if you actually went back to one of those threads you would find that you are wrong and that you misread what I said, because, as you now admit, you deliberately do not want to read what I write as it is written, but choose to interpret it in your own way. That's all on you. And its pretty rich coming from someone who says:
    Try your argument on some super tolerant relativistic existentialist for whom "truth" is only relative and subjective.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    08 Jun '14 10:33
    [b

I don't believe you are intellectually capable of understanding the arguments for how it is that science disproves your religion.

I have the intellectual capability to read quotations which you are refusing to provide.

[/b]
    Reading and understanding are not the same.
    GF has lost patience with you.
    (As I did a few weeks ago.)

You are an intellectual cripple - accept it and live your life as you will.
    BUT
    Do not try and argue with anyone.
    🙂
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jun '14 11:595 edits
    Originally posted by wolfgang59

BUT
    🙂

BUT

Not subscribing to the words of God does not make God or His words evaporate. Don't expect us to act as if it does.

"He who believes into the Son has eternal life, but he who disobeys the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides upon him." (John 3:36)

Roped together like mountain climbers you will all fall together with your leader and abide under the wrath of God forever.

That will be the proof of God upon those who reject Christ as salvation.
    Stick together and go off to the destiny of your leader Satan, together. You will go with your leader. Whether Satan to his miserable destiny or with the Son of God to His glorious destiny.

But if you want to break out of the co-dependency with those fueling your unbelief, lose your face a little, and be saved believing that in Christ your judgment already took place upon Him on His cross at Calvary 2,000 some years ago.

What good will it do you to win every argument and lose your soul ?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jun '14 12:112 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I think that if you actually went back to one of those threads you would find that you are wrong and that you misread what I said, because, as you now admit, you deliberately do not want to read what I write as it is written, but choose to interpret it in your own way. That's all on you. And its pretty rich coming from someone who says:
    Try your a ...[text shortened]... r tolerant relativistic existentialist for whom "truth" is only relative and subjective.
    If your mind were not so contorted and warped in its strenuous efforts to exclude God from your reasoning process, you probably would be much easier to understand post by post. A person would not have to flip continuously back over past pages and other discussions to figure out what you said and didn't say.

"Professing to be wise they became fools ..."
  6. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    08 Jun '14 12:14
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Why can't we have discussions without the need to insult one another?
    Where's the fun in that? 😉
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jun '14 12:171 edit
    [b]"Professing to be wise they became fools ..."
    Presumably "sonship" decides who "they" are ~ although you deciding who "they" are still doesn't make the quote anything like an original thought on your part. You're simply lashing out for your team; readymade retort at hand. 😀
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jun '14 12:211 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Presumably "sonship" decides who "they" are ~ although you deciding who "they" are still doesn't make the quote anything like an original thought on your part. You're simply lashing out for your team; readymade retort at hand. 😀
    I mentioned three outspoken atheist reasoners in this thread somewhere.
    That was wolfgang59, googlefudge, twhitehead , I mentioned somewhere by name.

Would you like me to include your name also ?

Who said I had to be "original" ?
    Is this a poetry writing contest ?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jun '14 12:35
    I mentioned three outspoken atheist reasoners in this thread somewhere.
    That was wolfgang59, googlefudge, twhitehead , I mentioned somewhere by name.

Would you like me to include your name also ?

Who said I had to be "original" ?
    Is this a poetry writing contest ?
    So you've called some people "fools" using a line from your religious literature. Well done.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Jun '14 13:00
    If your mind were not so contorted and warped in its strenuous efforts to exclude God from your reasoning process, you probably would be much easier to understand post by post. A person would not have to flip continuously back over past pages and other discussions to figure out what you said and didn't say.
    If you read what I actually wrote the first time around, I wouldn't be asking you to flip back. As I say above, you deliberately choose not to read what I write as it is written, but choose to read into it your own interpretation. That is on you. It has nothing to do with my contorted and warped mind. It is your own doing, and you admit doing it.

That cuts both ways.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jun '14 13:101 edit
    If you read what I actually wrote the first time around, I wouldn't be asking you to flip back. As I say above, you deliberately choose not to read what I write as it is written, but choose to read into it your own interpretation. That is on you. It has nothing to do with my contorted and warped mind. It is your own doing, and you admit doing it.

That cuts both ways.[/b]
    You don't "deliberately choose" to read whatever ridiculous and slanderous thing YOU wish into the words of the Bible ?

Sure you do. You spin it and put it in the most ludicrous and slanderous mischaracterization that you can concoct.

Like the serpent in Genesis - "Yea, hath God said ..."

Please stop imagining that your case is - oh so unique.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jun '14 13:12

That cuts both ways.[/b]
    That cuts both ways.

Amen. That's one reason why I do not profess to lean on my own wisdom.
  13. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    08 Jun '14 13:17

BUT

Not subscribing to the words of God does not make God or His words evaporate. Don't expect us to act as if it doe ...[text shortened]... ,000 some years ago.

What good will it do you to win every argument and lose your soul ?
    🙄 😴
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Jun '14 14:241 edit
    You don't "deliberately choose" to read whatever ridiculous and slanderous thing YOU wish into the words of the Bible ?

Sure you do. You spin it and put it in the most ludicrous and slanderous mischaracterization that you can concoct.

Like the serpent in Genesis - "Yea, hath God said ..."

Please stop imagining that your case is - oh so unique.
    I'll take that as your self description of what you do with my posts.

Maybe if you calmed down a bit and actually read what I wrote, then we could communicate better. We might even learn some things from each other. You might even find that we are more similar in some regards than you think. But if you are in constant state of rage against some devil you have conjured up and imagine you see in my posts, and constantly worry about losing arguments to this imagined opponent, then I am afraid communication breaks down.
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Jun '14 14:35
    Amen. That's one reason why I do not profess to lean on my own wisdom.
    That doesn't make you immune from getting cut.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree