1. Standard memberEnglish Tal
    Phoneless
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 19:57
    Let's throw this one into the melting pot...

(Firstly, I have to declare an interest... I earn a living from teaching people how to do it. (Amongst other things, that is.. I am an NHS reg Hypnotist, self employed). This doesn't necessarily mean that I have to understand it, bear in mind, and certainly doesn't make me an expert. By it's very nature... if there WAS a definite proof either way, then we would all be the wiser! I have personal experience enough to both support PLR and also blow the thing right out of the water. I always find it fascinating to listen to an intelligent discussion on this subject, and always do my best to 'bat for both sides' when talking about it... )

Personally, I am a 'devout atheist' and feel that Religion has nothing whatsoever to do with this form of contact. (..if it exists..)

OK... are we going fo a 'believe' or 'disbelieve' headcount here... or just a discussion?
  2. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 20:051 edit
    Originally posted by English Tal

(Firstly, I have to declare an interest... I earn a living from teaching people how to do it. (Amongst other things, that is.. I am an NHS reg Hypnotist, self employed). This doesn't necessarily mean that I have to understand it, bear in mind, and certainly doesn't make me an expert. By it's very nature... are we going fo a 'believe' or 'disbelieve' headcount here... or just a discussion?
    When you say "past life regression" are you talking about earlier memories from childhood or just another life that I may have had as another person?

As far as understanding it or believing it, don't worry about that if it's how you earn a living. A lot of ugly whores have earned a living.
  3. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 20:12

OK... are we going fo a 'believe' or 'disbelieve' headcount here... or just a discussion?
    Sorry, no. I can't discount your personal experiences of course, but regression therapy is a case of weak-minded subjects giving in to the Power of Suggestion. I don't suppose it helps that a body such as the NHS (National Health System, I presume) would actually license someone for this type of quackery. With all due respect.

I guess you could put me in the "disbelieve" camp, then...
  4. Standard memberEnglish Tal
    Phoneless
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 20:21
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    When you say "past life regression" are you talking about earlier memories from childhood or just another life that I may have had as another person?

As far as understanding it or believing it, don't worry about that if it's how you earn a living. A lot of ugly whores have earned a living.
    Past Life refers to a 'different' life, not the same one from childhood. eg Napoleon or Liz1 (common examples, per press!)
  5. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 20:28
    Past Life refers to a 'different' life, not the same one from childhood. eg Napoleon or Liz1 (common examples, per press!)
    How much do people pay you to learn this?
  6. Standard memberEnglish Tal
    Phoneless
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 20:35
    3 sessions. Up to £100 per session, max, depending on amount of hypno training required. Average £60x3. Nothing to hide.
  7. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 20:38
    3 sessions. Up to £100 per session, max, depending on amount of hypno training required. Average £60x3. Nothing to hide.
    I have to tell you, if I'm Napolean, I'm gonna want more than three sessions.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Sep '06 00:00

(Firstly, I have to declare an interest... I earn a living from teaching people how to do it. (Amongst other things, that is.. I am an NHS reg Hypnotist, self employed). This doesn't necessarily mean that I have to understand it, bear in mind, and certainly doesn't make me an expert. By it's very nature... ...[text shortened]... are we going fo a 'believe' or 'disbelieve' headcount here... or just a discussion?
    Yes, I recall being an ant and someone stepped on me.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Sep '06 00:14

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Sep '06 00:21

(Firstly, I have to declare an interest... I earn a living from teaching people how to do it. (Amongst other things, that is.. I am an NHS reg Hypnotist, self employed). This doesn't necessarily mean that I have to understand it, bear in mind, and certainly doesn't make me an expert. By it's very nature... ...[text shortened]... are we going fo a 'believe' or 'disbelieve' headcount here... or just a discussion?
    My personal theory about past life regression, etc., is they are actual memories but not from some spiritual source but bits a pieces of memories that get transferred to DNA, perhaps the junk DNA that has no apparent use. It could explain myths about bigfoot, yeti, little people, elves, etc., which existed for real at one time or the other in the past few million years. Suppose memories from the brain get transferred in part to genetic material and gets expressed in later generations. Could be full of sheet here but it explains a lot of things like monster myths and such. For instance, Austrailapiticus, a ten foot high monster ape existed side by side with early man so if those memories got transferred to our very DNA of course we would have monster myths.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Sep '06 01:47
    Originally posted by whodey
    Yes, I recall being an ant and someone stepped on me.
    Pretty boring huh. However, did I mention being "prince" of the ants? I was a very important figure in the colony. All I remember is thinking to myself, "Lift, walk, lift, walk, lift, walk." "Must get to queen", and then it goes blank.
  12. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    13 Sep '06 02:53
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    My personal theory about past life regression, etc., is they are actual memories but not from some spiritual source but bits a pieces of memories that get transferred to DNA, perhaps the junk DNA that has no apparent use. It could explain myths about bigfoot, yeti, little people, elves, etc., which existed for real at one time or the other in the past few m ...[text shortened]... man so if those memories got transferred to our very DNA of course we would have monster myths.
    Interesting, but not likely.
    You don't need anything so way out to explain cultural myths. They're ... cultural.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Sep '06 07:12
    Originally posted by amannion
    Interesting, but not likely.
    You don't need anything so way out to explain cultural myths. They're ... cultural.
    I think its pretty well established there are no real Yeti, just sightings of animals like polar bears in the distance and every tuft of fur taken for dna analysis supposedly from bigfoot or whatever, turns out to be nothing more than elk fur or bear or something totally known.
    So how could there be so many 'sightings' of beasts long gone?
    I still think its memories buried in the dna. Just think about the incredible data storage capacity of the stuff. Gigabytes. All it would take is a mechanism that reads it out in the brain.
    I suspect if it happens, the memories that get stored like this would be from traumatic events, events that would make a very deep impression on people, who then go on to have children.
  14. Joined
    01 Dec '04
    Moves
    13 Sep '06 09:54
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    My personal theory about past life regression, etc., is they are actual memories but not from some spiritual source but bits a pieces of memories that get transferred to DNA, perhaps the junk DNA that has no apparent use. It could explain myths about bigfoot, yeti, little people, elves, etc., which existed for real at one time or the other in the past few m ...[text shortened]... man so if those memories got transferred to our very DNA of course we would have monster myths.
    Sonhouse, that's a reasonable idea, but it doesn't necessarily exclude the possibility of consciousness itself surviving the death of the body, and then reassociating (in a kind of primal form, sort of like hardware minus software) with another body...

As far as I'm aware, the most credible reincarnation researcher has generally been recognized as the psychiatrist Ian Stevenson, who has spent decades documenting reincarnation case studies. There's a bit about his work here...

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/reincarnation01.html
  15. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    13 Sep '06 18:53

I have a comment.

Hebrews 9:27
    "Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree