1. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    27 Aug '05 21:40
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    Sounds more like a shrude politician to me using an ideology which is based on some Christian notions and which he uses as a sticky stick to catch voters.
    gave you a rec for that.
    that also sums up the "christian" right .
  2. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    27 Aug '05 21:47
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    gave you a rec for that.
    that also sums up the "christian" right .
    I see. It seems that quite a lot of "Christian" populist politicians are working on the American political market and call themselves "Evangelists".
  3. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    27 Aug '05 22:36
    I see. It seems that quite a lot of "Christian" populist politicians are working on the American political market and call themselves "Evangelists".
    Ivanhoe, what is your message from the Lord to Pat Robertson and the like?
  4. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    27 Aug '05 22:36
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    This is all so very, very strange. Thanks for dunking me in these murky waters.

As for Robertson, he should be sucked by lampreys.
    What do you have against lampreys?
  5. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    27 Aug '05 22:37
    Yes is sure does!
  6. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    27 Aug '05 22:45
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    There is only one message from the Lord that I can advise them to read and that is the message called the Gospel ...... and I would advise them to study the Roman-Catholic interpretation and not to invent their own, based on deception and self-service.
  7. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    27 Aug '05 22:45
    Perhaps I should have put it this way: "What should the magesterium say to this man?"
  8. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    27 Aug '05 22:48
    and I would advise them to study the Roman-Catholic interpretation and not to invent their own, based on deception and self-service.
    Why do you opine that the Roman Catholic interpretation is free from deception
    and self-service?

Nemesio
  9. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    27 Aug '05 22:511 edit
    Perhaps I should have put it this way: "What should the magesterium say to this man?"
    The magisterium never comments on persons in the news or otherwise. If you read my previous post you may get an impression of what they would say, but I cannot make a bet about that. I have a slight hope the new Pope will adress the phenomenon of fundamentalist Christianity though in some official paper, like an Encyclical ...... who knows what the future will bring.
  10. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    27 Aug '05 22:54
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    Why do you opine that the Roman Catholic interpretation is free from deception
    and self-service?

Nemesio
    Do you have any instances in which the Church has a stance which is deceiving or promotes self-service instead of serving God ?
  11. Not Kansas
    Moves
    27 Aug '05 22:59
    I wonder if Pat actually believes what he says or whether he is a total cynic.
    I think he's a bit of both; he's probably got himself talked into taking the stance that just about anything is OK as long as it serves "the Cause"
  12. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    28 Aug '05 03:52
    Does Pat Robertson qualify as a terrorist in the same sense as some of the radical clerics who bless jihad?
    This very same thought crossed my mind when I heard it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree