1. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Mar '18 15:14
    This letter Paul wrote to the church at Ephesus contains a complete description of all the facets of the Gospel. Christians are fond of quoting from this book in support of their version of the good news of Jesus Christ.

A brief summary ::

Chapter 1 - Chritian saints are predestined / called by God out of a life of sin, and saved from sin by the blood of Jesus Christ.

Chapter 2 - It is the grace of God, a gift, not anything they did, but by Gods grace they were saved from their previous life of sin.

Chapter 3 - That Gentiles can now through the death of Christ be fellow heirs along with the Jews, to the Kingdom of God.

Chapter 4 - The nature and details concerning the new life in Christ- good works, righteousness and avoiding sin.

Chapter 5 - The dire consequences of not following after righteousness, which is no inheritance in the Kingdom of God.

Chapter 6 - Further advice and warnings on this new life in Christ which require obedience to the commandments.

That is a complete picture of the Gospel of Paul, and this is repeated in almost all of the letters to the Churches.

The questions is what is it that stops some Christians from reading and believing the entire book and digesting all of Pauls Gospel. Why do thy stop at Chapter 2 and proclaim 'Im Saved and I have eternal life "?
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Mar '18 10:533 edits
    More proof that Christians cannot address this point.

They have used Pauls writings to formulate a doctrine of eternal security of salvation based on belief and faith, but then the same Paul shoots down that doctrine later on in the very same epistle, by clearly stating that born again Chrsitian saints who are also sinners and evildoers have no inheritance in the Kingdom of God. The fact is that there is NO security of salvation unless there is also righteousness and good works. There is also NO guarantee that anyone with the Holy Spirit will continue with a life of righteousness, and this is clearly bourne out by bible teachings.

But we have sonship [the OSAS guru] in other threads, commenting that no inheritance does not necessarily mean no loss of eternal life !!! WHAT ??? !! Are people really that dumb? But the same sonship will use the expressions 'inheritance', 'promises', ;eternal life', synonomously when it suits his purpose.

The truth of the matter is as follows:

Eternal security of salvation comes when all elements are present:
    FAITH + RIGHTEOUSNESS UNTIL THE END.

This is the true teachings of Jesus and the Apostles.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Mar '18 12:525 edits
    Originally posted by @rajk999

They have used Pauls writings to formulate a doctrine of eternal security of salvation based on belief and faith, but then the same Paul shoots down that doctrine later on in the very same epistle, by clearly stating that born again Chrsitian saints who are also sinners and evildoers have no inherita ...[text shortened]...

Rajk999 has some ground in Scripture to say that loss of the reward is a loss in the enjoyment of eternal life.

But he doesn't put it that way.
    The New Testament warns -

" ...but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire" (1 Cor. 3:17b)

This is not the loss of the gift of eternal life.
    And it is not the loss of eternal redemption.

If the suffering of loss there meant losing eternal life then it would not say "but he himself will be saved ...".

It is the loss of the enjoyment of that gift in that stage, the time of the millennial kingdom.

If eternal life is only loaned to man then it is not salvation and it is not a gift in grace.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Mar '18 13:122 edits
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Rajk999 has some ground in Scripture to say that loss of the reward is a loss in the [b]enjoyment of eternal life.

But he doesn't put it that way.
    The New Testament warns -

" ...but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire" (1 Cor. 3:17b)

This is not the loss of the gift of eternal life.
    And it is not the loss ...[text shortened]... ternal life is only loaned to man then it is not salvation and it is not a gift in grace.[/b]
    Liar .. Paul says he will be DESTROYED

[i]If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy;. (1 Corinthians 3:17 KJV)[/i

Plus the verse you quoted is verse 15 .. NOT 17.

You are such a deceitful conman
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Mar '18 13:361 edit
    THREE Groups of people according to Paul in 1 Cor 3. NOT TWO SONSHIP

Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

1. If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
    2. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
    3. If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are. (1 Corinthians 3:13-17 KJV)

1. Those who do good work- reward and saved
    2. Those who do nothing - still saved but there is some kind of loss
    3. Those how do evil and are destroyed
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Mar '18 13:442 edits
    THREE Groups of people according to Paul in 1 Cor 3. NOT TWO SONSHIP

[i]Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

1. If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
    2. If any man's work ...[text shortened]... nothing - still saved but there is some kind of loss
    3. Those how do evil and are destroyed
    [/b]
    What about those that outwardly do good works in order to be seen by men but have no faith and do not believe they are sinners and in need of saving because they think their own charitable works make them good enough to enter the kingdom of God?
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Mar '18 14:02
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    What about those that outwardly do good works in order to be seen by men but have no faith and do not believe they are sinners and in need of saving because they think their own charitable works make them good enough to enter the kingdom of God?
    Jesus is the judge.
    He will decide which group they fall into.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Mar '18 14:24
    Liar .. Paul says he will be DESTROYED

[i]If any man defile the temple of God, [b]him shall God destroy;
    . (1 Corinthians 3:17 KJV)[/i

Plus the verse you quoted is verse 15 .. NOT 17.

You are such a deceitful conman[/b]
    You’ve got so much hate inside of you. You think anyone with that much anger and hate inside of them is righteous (in right standing with God?) You think anyone with that much anger and hate in them is pleasing to Jesus?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Mar '18 14:29
    Jesus is the judge.
    He will decide which group they fall into.
    Oh, good grief. Is this more of your “atheists go to heaven” malarkey? Come on lol.

And you’re no longer the judge of who goes to heaven and hell? You’re leaving that in Jesus’ hands? How very humble of you lol. You’re still wrong - each individual decides where he or she will spend eternity based on whether they have accepted Christ and believe in Him and His Resurrection.

But you’re making progress!
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Mar '18 14:43
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Oh, good grief. Is this more of your “atheists go to heaven” malarkey? Come on lol.

And you’re no longer the judge of who goes to heaven and hell? You’re leaving that in Jesus’ hands? How very humble of you lol. You’re still wrong - each individual decides where he or she will spend eternity based on whether they have accepted Christ and believe in Him and His Resurrection.

But you’re making progress!
    There are some atheists who will enter the Kingdom of God before you.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Mar '18 14:501 edit
    There are some atheists who will enter the Kingdom of God before you.
    You’re very misguided.

You disrespect Jesus Christ and His sacrifice with your false doctrine.

Chest puffers and braggarts have no place in the Kingdom of God - only people who believe in Jesus Christ and His Resurrection.

I hope you understand that someday.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Mar '18 14:57
    You’re very misguided.

You disrespect Jesus Christ and His sacrifice with your false doctrine.

Chest puffers and braggarts have no place in the Kingdom of God - only people who believe in Jesus Christ and His Resurrection.

I hope you understand that someday.
    God loves the righteous
    God hates sin and evil.
    You boast of your sins.
    You are doomed.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Mar '18 15:08
    God loves the righteous
    God hates sin and evil.
    You boast of your sins.
    You are doomed.
    I never “boast” of my sins. I acknowledge I’m a sinner like every other honest Christian.

“If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.”

(1 John 1:8-10)

And I’m doomed?

There you go again, condemning people to hell.

No one is impressed with your “mouth worship” of Jesus Christ as you disrespect Him and His teachings by your bearing of false witness, nastiness, judgmentalism and chest-puffing condemnation of other people.
  14. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    21 Mar '18 15:13

They have used Pauls writings to formulate a doctrine of eternal security of salvation based on belief and faith, but then the same Paul shoots down that doctrine later on in the very same epistle, by clearly stating that born again Chrsitian saints who are also sinners and evildoers have no inherita ...[text shortened]...

"This is the true teachings of Jesus and the Apostles."

Those words, express or implied, accompany many an attempt to do our thinking for us.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Mar '18 15:15
    I never “boast” of my sins. I acknowledge I’m a sinner like every other honest Christian.

“If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and ...[text shortened]... aring of false witness, nastiness, judgmentalism and chest-puffing condemnation of other people.
    You are doomed because you - a goat, laugh at, and ridicule these who do good works - the sheep.of Christ

Change your ways and accept Christ and you will become a sheep.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree