1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 Feb '13 09:27
    its interesting to note the use of the word 'honest' in his invite to 'pm me with honest questions' i wonder what in his mind is the difference between an honest and dishonest question. so far it seems an honest question is one that can be answered in a way that suits them and a dishonest question is one that points out gaping holes in their logic, more questions that pursue this line of thought seem to categorized as persecution.

in the words of lance corporal jones 'they dont like it up'em' (in more ways than one).
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 Feb '13 10:51
    Originally posted by FMF
    You and divegeester are merely describing different facets of the same thing ...
    I don't think so. I don't believe Robbie or Galveston could care less whether or not I reject Jehovah. What they do care about is reaffirming their own beliefs.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 Feb '13 10:57
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    i wonder what in his mind is the difference between an honest and dishonest question.
    I presume he means someone genuinely wishing to learn more about the JWs with no malicious intent and not some just looking to poke holes in their beliefs. I see nothing seriously wrong with his usage except there is the incorrect assumption that this forum is not for debate.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Feb '13 11:21
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I don't think so. I don't believe Robbie or Galveston could care less whether or not I reject Jehovah. What they do care about is reaffirming their own beliefs.
    It's your prerogative to look upon them as one dimensional people, of course, with just the one explanation. Maybe there is just one - and only one - way to to explain them, and maybe it's the way you reckon it is, and not the way anyone else sees it. Maybe you're right. 😀
  5. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    21 Feb '13 11:45
    I presume he means someone genuinely wishing to learn more about the JWs with no malicious intent and not some just looking to poke holes in their beliefs. I see nothing seriously wrong with his usage except there is the incorrect assumption that this forum is not for debate.
    He's right, this forum isn't for debate. Except if God exists - Does not! - Does so! - Doesn't twenty zillion times! - My god's bigger than your saint Dawkins and will beat him up after school passes for debate.
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 Feb '13 12:29
    i think its a wrong use of the word. there is nothing dishonest about poking holes in an argument. its the only way we can ever really discover if something is water tight. the most honest approach to religion would involve dissecting every facet. i think its more dishonest to run away from scrutiny. its choosing to ignore things if they challenge your belief. making your belief more important than the truth.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Feb '13 16:22
    I agree with you that it is more about "forum persecution" reaffirming their belief they and they alone are god's chosen, but I also think they do have an interest in seeing people converted to their cult. However my perception is that the overriding motivation for this is to gain extra credits with 'jehovah'.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Feb '13 21:58
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Did you read the OP?
    yeah, i just wanted your take ... as to how serious they mite be this time
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Feb '13 09:393 edits
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    yeah, i just wanted your take ... as to how serious they mite be this time
    I have no idea; what makes you think they are both "leaving" anyway?

Both are still playing chess and no doubt both lurking over this forum watching what we are saying about them.

Galveston has a record of histrionics when it comes to people disagreeing with him; he left last year in a fit of apparent outrange and was back within a week. No doubt they both feel thoroughly righteous as they lick their wounds of persecution safe in the knowledge that they are 'jehovah's' chosen truth bearers.

I find it all a very interesting behaviour and of course somewhat amusing.

What do you think?
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Feb '13 21:10
    I have no idea; what makes you think they are [b]both "leaving" anyway?

Both are still playing chess and no doubt both lurking over this forum watching what we are saying about them.

Galveston has a record of histrionics when it comes to people disagreeing with him; he left last year in a fit of apparent outrange and was back within a week. No ...[text shortened]... d it all a very interesting behaviour and of course somewhat amusing.

What do you think?[/b]
    Well they are JW's so an internet forum would be like a honey to a bee for them.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Feb '13 04:25
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Well they are JW's so an internet forum would be like a honey to a bee for them.
    Sorry I don't understand your point; how and why is an internet forum "like a honey bee" to a Jehovah's witness?
  12. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    26 Feb '13 07:131 edit
    I think the first mistake is having a spiritual forum on a freaking chess site LOL it attracts all sorts of people....Problem is JW's trying to convert people on a chess site it's silly

Manny

PS Peace to you also G-Man May the God and father of lights give your mind serenity and peace beyond anything this world has to offer
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Feb '13 14:16
    Sorry I don't understand your point; how and why is an internet forum "like a honey bee" to a Jehovah's witness?
    Because part of their "job" is to spread the(ir) word and a public internet forum could possibly lead to some bible lessons and hence they would recieve more JW brownie points.
    (Remember they are the ones that go form house to house with the JW agenda)
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Feb '13 14:17
    Originally posted by menace71
    I think the first mistake is having a spiritual forum on a freaking chess site LOL it attracts all sorts of people....Problem is JW's trying to convert people on a chess site it's silly

Manny

PS Peace to you also G-Man May the God and father of lights give your mind serenity and peace beyond anything this world has to offer
    Spirituality on a chess site- sounds bloody brilliant.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree