1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Feb '13 04:531 edit
    "Jesus told his disciples that when they entered a house and were welcomed, they should “stay in that house, eating and drinking the things they [would] provide.” But if they entered a city and were not well received, they should “go out into its broad ways and say, ‘Even the dust that got stuck to our feet from your city we wipe off against you.’” (Luke 10:7, 10, 11)
    Wiping or shaking the dust off one’s feet would signify that the disciples were peacefully leaving the unreceptive house or city to the consequences that would eventually come from God. But those who received Jesus’ disciples with kindness put themselves in line for blessings. Jesus told his apostles on another occasion: “He that receives you receives me also, and he that receives me receives him also that sent me forth. And whoever gives one of these little ones only a cup of cold water to drink because he is a disciple, I tell you truly, he will by no means lose his reward.”—Matthew 10:40, 42.

Watchtower 98' 3/1 page 30.

Just informing all here that it is time I listen to the words of Jesus. He strongly suggest his followers recongnize when they are not welcome in anothers house or forums and should move on. If anyone here would like to PM me with any honest questions about the Bible and the JW's view on them, please do so. But if it is to ridicule and degrade Jehovah and his organization please do not waist your time or mine as I will simply ignor them.
    Peace to all......
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Feb '13 05:04
    Originally posted by galveston75
    "Jesus told his disciples that when they entered a house and were welcomed, they should “stay in that house, eating and drinking the things they [would] provide.” But if they entered a city and were not well received, they should “go out into its broad ways and say, ‘Even the dust that got stuck to our feet from your city we wipe off against you.’” (Luke ...[text shortened]... tion please do not waist your time or mine as I will simply ignor them.
    Peace to all......
    May you accept Christ as your great God and Savior and may peace be with you also.

HallelluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Feb '13 18:02
    Just informing all here that it is time I listen to the words of Jesus.
    As strained through the NWT? Good luck with that.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Feb '13 18:12
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    As strained through the NWT? Good luck with that.
    Not to mention the Watchtower Society, right? 😏

Shame on me for mentioning such a thing.
  5. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    19 Feb '13 21:27
    "Jesus told his disciples that when they entered a house and were welcomed, they should “stay in that house, eating and drinking the things they [would] provide.” But if they entered a city and were not well received, they should “go out into its broad ways and say, ‘Even the dust that got stuck to our feet from your city we wipe off against you.’” (Luke ...[text shortened]... tion please do not waist your time or mine as I will simply ignor them.
    Peace to all......
    before you go can you tell if this is serious or a bit of j.w. humor?

YouTube
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Feb '13 22:25
    Peace to all......
    Are you leaving again?

See you later then...
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Feb '13 23:55
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    before you go can you tell if this is serious or a bit of j.w. humor?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbhW3cKUK30
    That's definately serious!

Imagine if young guys didn't jerk off! I reckon we'd have a much more violent society.
    It seems they are not addressing the root of the problem
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Feb '13 23:561 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Are you leaving again?

See you later then...
    Can you summarize briefly what you have observed with RC and G75 as to their 'leaving', ?
  9. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    20 Feb '13 11:20
    Peace to all......
    Jesus warned Christians about internet forums?
  10. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 Feb '13 11:30
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    That's definately serious!

Imagine if young guys didn't jerk off! I reckon we'd have a much more violent society.
    It seems they are not addressing the root of the problem
    there would be a lot of tightly coiled springs, friendly games between men of golf, pool, football, cards, xbox would be a thing of the past. men wouldnt be able to post on chess forums without storming off the minute they are made to look stupid (10 bonus points for bringing it back on topic!!).
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Feb '13 19:12
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Can you summarize briefly what you have observed with RC and G75 as to their 'leaving', ?
    Did you read the OP?
  12. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    20 Feb '13 19:25
    Peace to all......
    It's not a question of 'being welcome', everyone is welcome. This a debate forum though, people here are from various backgrounds scattered around the world. As a result of this we have a diverse spectrum of opinions presented here. People are going to disagree with each other, that's life. What seems to be your issue is that you can't process dissent, never have done and never will do i. What you see as not 'being welcome' is simply a case of other people disagreeing with you.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Feb '13 06:22
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    It's not a question of 'being welcome', everyone is welcome. This a debate forum though, people here are from various backgrounds scattered around the world. As a result of this we have a diverse spectrum of opinions presented here. People are going to disagree with each other, that's life. What seems to be your issue is that you can't process dissent, n ...[text shortened]... hat you see as not 'being welcome' is simply a case of other people disagreeing with you.
    It's more than though isn't it.
    Remember that robbie carrobie and Galveston are coming from the mind-set that they and only their cult/group/sect/religion are the "sole holders of god's truth on Earth"; they truly believe this. Therefore when this holy truth is cast aside they see it not only as them being rejected but as Jehovah being rejected. They are vicariously being or representing Jehovah to us at this forum.

Rejecting them is like rejecting Jehovah in their mind which is why they get so childish and twisted about it all the time. They seriously believe that when they are challenged here they are being persecuted for being Jehovah's representatives.

Look at Galveston's OP again; he clearly aligns himself with Jesus (another of Jehovah's agents as they term him), shaking the metaphorical rhp dust from his sandals as he leaves (if you believe that) us in our unbelief and sin.

There are elements of truth to this from a Christian perspective of course. Jesus did indeed command his followers to shake the dust from their sandals in towns where the Gospel was not received but there is a significant difference between an evangelist quietly leaving a town in humility and obedience to God, and what the JW do here, which is to announce to everyone that they are piously stropping off, making a big pompous show of their disgust for our unbelief and reminding everyone how holy they are. And as you point out - all because someone disagrees with you on the internet.

Humility, grace, obedience to god? I don't think so. I see the hubris of the Pharisees, the cultism of a massive organised religion and a childish tantrum.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 Feb '13 07:17
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Rejecting them is like rejecting Jehovah in their mind which is why they get so childish and twisted about it all the time.
    Actually I don't think its that at all. I think they believe that being persecuted is a sign that they are the true followers of Jehovah and so they look for persecution as confirmation of their beliefs. The OP of this thread is similar in that Galveston clearly believes that being unwelcome here is in part confirmation that he is on the right track.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Feb '13 08:511 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Actually I don't think its that at all. I think they believe that being persecuted is a sign that they are the true followers of Jehovah and so they look for persecution as confirmation of their beliefs. The OP of this thread is similar in that Galveston clearly believes that being unwelcome here is in part confirmation that he is on the right track.
    You and divegeester are merely describing different facets of the same thing as galveston75 and robbie themselves deliberately conflate a whole range of things, including rejection, persecution, dissent, scrutiny, hatred. "Rejecting them is like rejecting Jehovah in their mind [and this rejection was predicted by the Bible]..." and they conflate this rejection with persecution and so "...they believe that being persecuted is a sign that they are the true followers of Jehovah and so they look for persecution as confirmation of their beliefs."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree