1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 May '23 00:59
    People who behave in a morally sound way are acting like they believe in God, at least this is what Jordan Peterson believes.

Does this mean that people who behave in a morally unsound way are acting like they don't believe in God?

YouTube
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 May '23 05:42
    @fmf said
    People who behave in a morally sound way are acting like they believe in God, at least this is what Jordan Peterson believes.

Does this mean that people who behave in a morally unsound way are acting like they don't believe in God?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwXbx9JbHLI
    It seems to me to be a pointless debate as it’s all based on individuals personal subjective opinions on how someone else is behaving and then projecting their personal view onto the other person.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 May '23 10:06
    @divegeester
    Jordan Peterson's shtick is a bit like sonship's: 'You DO believe in Jesus, FMF, but you won't admit it because you are angry with him for calling you to account.'

Gaslighting, in other words.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 May '23 06:431 edit
    @fmf said
    @divegeester
    Jordan Peterson's shtick is a bit like sonship's: 'You DO believe in Jesus, FMF, but you won't admit it because you are angry with him for calling you to account.'

I wonder if Peterson is a theist.
    If he is an atheist, does he feel he behaves in a moral way; if so then he’s not an atheist because he must believe in God.

Edit based on his own premise.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 May '23 01:38
    @divegeester said
    I wonder if Peterson is a theist.
    If he is an atheist, does he feel he behaves in a moral way; if so then he’s not an atheist because he must believe in God.

Edit based on his own premise.
    I'd say he is an atheist who wants to make money from being popular with Christians.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 May '23 06:59
    @fmf said
    @divegeester

This thing sonship believed, is it a widespread belief in American Christian communities do you know? I’d never heard before sonship’s floating of it tbh.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    09 May '23 00:01
    @divegeester said
    It seems to me to be a pointless debate as it’s all based on individuals personal subjective opinions on how someone else is behaving and then projecting their personal view onto the other person.
    No mention of what the Bible says about godly or ungodly behavior?

What did Jesus say? You shall know them by their fruit?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 May '23 05:38
    @josephw said
    No mention of what the Bible says about godly or ungodly behavior?
    Not in the interview there wasn’t no.

Did you even watch it?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 May '23 05:39
    @josephw said

What did Jesus say? You shall know them by their fruit?
    Odd that you would ask this give the context and content of the interview in the link.

Did you watch it?
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    09 May '23 09:43
    @divegeester said
    Odd that you would ask this give the context and content of the interview in the link.

Did you watch it?
    Quite boring. They kept interrupting each other. IMO neither of them actually knows what they're talking about.

"Does this mean that people who behave in a morally unsound way are acting like they don't believe in God?"

I can't draw that conclusion. Whether or not people believe in God they ultimately choose to either obey or violate their own conscience, believer and unbeliever alike.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 May '23 10:29
    @josephw said
    Quite boring. They kept interrupting each other. IMO neither of them actually knows what they're talking about.
    So you consider yourself to be more intelligent and coherent than Jordan Peterson and Matt Dillahunty, such that you ~ who has spent years here posting in the way that you do ~ are in a position to declare that these two public intellectuals don't "know what they're talking about"?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 May '23 10:31
    @josephw said
    Whether or not people believe in God they ultimately choose to either obey or violate their own conscience, believer and unbeliever alike.
    If a believer behaves in a morally unsound way [i.e. choose not to obey], are they acting like they don't believe in God?
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    09 May '23 11:18
    @fmf said
    So you consider yourself to be more intelligent and coherent than Jordan Peterson and Matt Dillahunty, such that you ~ who has spent years here posting in the way that you do ~ are in a position to declare that these two public intellectuals don't "know what they're talking about"?
    They talked, but nothing was said.

I've heard more coherent conversations between children.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    09 May '23 11:19
    @fmf said
    If a believer behaves in a morally unsound way [i.e. choose not to obey], are they acting like they don't believe in God?
    Clearly.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 May '23 12:00
    @josephw said
    I've heard more coherent conversations between children.
    Given your own limitations, are you really in a position to declare that these two public intellectuals don't "know what they're talking about"? I don't think so. Perhaps you just didn't understand what they were saying.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree