1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 May '23 19:06
    @josephw said
    Quite boring. They kept interrupting each other. IMO neither of them actually knows what they're talking about.

"Does this mean that people who behave in a morally unsound way are acting like they don't believe in God?"

I can't draw that conclusion. Whether or not people believe in God they ultimately choose to either obey or violate their own conscience, believer and unbeliever alike.
    Did you watch it BEFORE you made your first comments in the thread, which is what I’m referring to?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 May '23 07:45
    @fmf said
    People who behave in a morally sound way are acting like they believe in God, at least this is what Jordan Peterson believes.

Does this mean that people who behave in a morally unsound way are acting like they don't believe in God?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwXbx9JbHLI
    Do you believe that people here, who say they believe in God, are only acting?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 May '23 07:57
    @suzianne said
    Do you believe that people here, who say they believe in God, are only acting?
    No. My OP is an invitation to watch the video I posted and then discuss it.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Jun '23 08:021 edit
    @fmf said
    No. My OP is an invitation to watch the video I posted and then discuss it.
    I can't say that I'm interested in anything Jordan Peterson says. I was trying to get to your motivation for posting this.

I'm getting increasingly annoyed at you shutting down anything I have to say. You're not exactly an expert about "Spirituality".
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Jun '23 10:55
    @suzianne said
    I can't say that I'm interested in anything Jordan Peterson says. I was trying to get to your motivation for posting this.
    I posted it because it's interesting.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Jun '23 10:56
    @suzianne said
    I'm getting increasingly annoyed at you shutting down anything I have to say.
    You sound like you are playing a victim card.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Jun '23 10:57
    @suzianne said
    You're not exactly an expert about "Spirituality".
    I don't think anyone here is an "expert" per se. All of us just post here because of our interest in things stemming from the topic of spirituality.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Jun '23 11:00
    @suzianne said
    I can't say that I'm interested in anything Jordan Peterson says.
    He swerves between being very thought-provoking, sometimes, to being a complete and utter charlatan at other times.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Jun '23 23:07
    @fmf said
    You sound like you are playing a victim card.
    Blame-shifting. Ballsy.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Jun '23 23:11
    @suzianne said
    Blame-shifting. Ballsy.
    You said "I'm getting increasingly annoyed at you shutting down anything I have to say". But no one is 'shutting down" anything. It isn't true. You sound like you're just playing a victim card rather than posting something on-topic.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Jun '23 07:58
    @fmf said
    You said "I'm getting increasingly annoyed at you shutting down anything I have to say". But no one is 'shutting down" anything. It isn't true. You sound like you're just playing a victim card rather than posting something on-topic.
    No, I'm talking about your reaction to my posts. Simple as.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jun '23 08:20
    @suzianne said
    No, I'm talking about your reaction to my posts. Simple as.
    Someone expressing different opinions to yours doesn't mean you are being "shut down".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree