1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Jul '14 16:24
    Why are people so gullible as to believe a mere human telling them about JC, Muhammad, or David Koresh for that matter?

Isn't that an endictment on the intelligence of the human race?

A dude just goes, I spoke to god, he told me to tell it to millions, and a number of them just believe if the dude acts sincere.

What's up with that anyway?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Jul '14 16:34
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Why are people so gullible as to believe a mere human telling them about JC, Muhammad, or David Koresh for that matter?

A dude just goes, I spoke to god, he told me to tell it to millions, and a number of them just believe if the dude acts sincere.

Sounds like a great way to make money.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Jul '14 16:371 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Sounds like a great way to make money.
    This is true. Too bad people couldn't suss out THAT particular motive but those dudes can sound so sincere, send money, not for me or my new boat, but for the CAUSE!
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    04 Jul '14 16:46

Imagine your gaze falls upon a woman of incomparable beauty as she stands within a crowd of ordinary, unremarkable people.
    Her face is radiant, speaking of an inner intelligence.
    Her body is the exact curvature and dimensions matching your every primal urge.

Now imagine her eyes locking on yours, as she approvingly scans your face and body.
    You can see desire roll across her countenance as she absorbs your presence.
    Without raising a hand, she nods her head to beckon you to her.
    You oblige.

As you make your way through the crowded throng, you continue taking in her beauty and she yours.
    Thoughts indescribable fill your head, playing out slowly and definitively as though scripted to a romantic opera, building every so solidly toward a lofty ecstatic crescendo.

Soon, you are close enough to feel the heat of her breath, smell her perfumed body... take in every sense of feminine mystique as she stands inches from you, clearly intoxicated by your manliness, flush with excitement for whatever comes next.

You speak first: "Hello."
    She stammers her reply: "Is the 3:16 to Essex late again?"
    Your face skewers up in confusion.
    She offers her perspective: "Oh. I thought you were the train announcer. My apologies."
    She turns and makes her way closer to the platform, leaving you just short of the final crashing overture.

Man fills in the blanks of his desires.
    The real question is: Why does he have those desires?
  5. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    04 Jul '14 16:50

I believe other humans on many subjects. That is not a bad thing per se. What's bad is listening uncritically.
  6. Joined
    30 Sep '12
    Moves
    04 Jul '14 17:13
    Two case studies--------

http://scicrit.wordpress.com/2014/06/27/scientology-explained-in-psychic-magazine-and-its-connection-to-the-shaver-mystery/

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=A0SO8zdG4LZTcGEAz1xXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEzNXM0bTdjBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDNARjb2xvA2dxMQR2dGlkA1ZJUDI5M18x?qid=20110303184039AA0kmFi

The first is on the founding of Scientology, the second on the founding of the Latter Day Saints (Mormons).
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Jul '14 17:441 edit
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac II
    Two case studies--------

http://scicrit.wordpress.com/2014/06/27/scientology-explained-in-psychic-magazine-and-its-connection-to-the-shaver-mystery/

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=A0SO8zdG4LZTcGEAz1xXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEzNXM0bTdjBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDNARjb2xvA2dxMQR2dGlkA1ZJUDI5M18x?qid=20110303184039AA0kmFi

The first is on the founding of Scientology, the second on the founding of the Latter Day Saints (Mormons).
    Scientology I know about, was VERY briefly involved in 1968. I showed up at a scientology place in DC, wasn't the huge deal it is now. I managed to be invited upstairs to the office and found a post it note kind of thing, notes from L Ron Hubbard himself, he had confined himself to his yacht when he ran into IRS troubles back in 67 I think. Anyway, they called the notes, Rongrams.

One of them was his response to a question put to him: What do we do about these guys that quit scientology?

Answer, which I read with my own 4 eyes and I quote: "there is always the 45 solution'. unquote. Pretty sad when you realize just how programmed these dudes are, they actually follow his notes as if he was a god. There are rumors they have killed for real, don't know if anyone has been convicted yet.

That was pretty chilling I thought, and I am forever grateful they let me up to their lair.

Just as with my grandmother, forever grateful to her for showing me the hypocrisy in religion.
  8. Joined
    30 Sep '12
    Moves
    04 Jul '14 19:28
    The mail-order books catalogue lists Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood, & the Prison of Belief, by Lawrence Wright. I am considering purchasing it.

"More than 200 interviews with current and former Scientologists... to uncover the inner workings of the Church."
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Jul '14 21:39
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac II
    The mail-order books catalogue lists Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood, & the Prison of Belief, by Lawrence Wright. I am considering purchasing it.

"More than 200 interviews with current and former Scientologists... to uncover the inner workings of the Church."
    Almost as bad as leaving Islam. Apostasy is a bitch.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jul '14 22:15

I imagine so we can relate to the message, scripturally speaking it is as it
    needed to occur. Would you grasp the barks of a dog telling you about God,
    or the chirps of a bird?

Kelly
    1 Corinthians 2:11New American Standard Bible (NASB)

11 For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so the thoughts of God no one knows except the Spirit of God.
  11. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    04 Jul '14 22:15
    Almost as bad as leaving Islam. Apostasy is a bitch.
    Tell me about it.
    I left atheism; no god ever forgave me.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Jul '14 15:15
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Tell me about it.
    I left atheism; no god ever forgave me.
    You better watch your back, those vicious evolutionists are watching you.

How DARE you leave the church of Atheism? The Atheist pope, Richard Dawkins definitely knows who you are🙂
  13. Joined
    30 Sep '12
    Moves
    05 Jul '14 18:542 edits
    One of our most vocal theists may belong to a church--I'm not 100% sure--which is in a line of descent from a church founded by Herbert Armstrong in 1934. Armstrong's biography is an interesting read:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worldwide_Church_of_God

I am reminded that a relative of mine liked to say the downfall of popular ministers is three things: "Gold, gals and glory."
  14. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    06 Jul '14 00:33
    Scientology I know about, was VERY briefly involved in 1968. I showed up at a scientology place in DC, wasn't the huge deal it is now. I managed to be invited upstairs to the office and found a post it note kind of thing, notes from L Ron Hubbard himself, he had confined himself to his yacht when he ran into IRS troubles back in 67 I think. Anyway, they cal ...[text shortened]...
    Just as with my grandmother, forever grateful to her for showing me the hypocrisy in religion.
    "I'm going to start a religion - that's where the money is." - L. Ron Hubbard.
  15. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    06 Jul '14 02:11

people are hungry more than just in a physical sense. People want more than what is offered on a physical plate.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree