Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    12 Mar '13 01:53
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    ..., if he wants to pick and choose from my posts
    I guess that's his prerogative.
    No need to worry about others "picking and choosing"
    from your posts if you have a consistant standpoint.
  2. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Mar '13 09:06
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    My point is not to argue about what is the correct idea of perfect in everyones mind. My point is that we can make a toy or something we believe is new and perfect for what it is meant for at the time. However, over time it deteriorates with use and abuse and without maintenance it becomes no longer perfect for its purpose. God never said His creations w ...[text shortened]... at first. It does not mean we expect them to stay that way without correct effort on our part.
    all you have done in that post is reword your perfect house to a perfect toy. it still doesnt answer or define what perfection is. i cant see how its possible to have a universal perfection. i can understand suziannes view that in gods perfection mans opinions are meaningless, but this creates a whole new set of questions regarding the morality and motivations of god.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Mar '13 09:21
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    all you have done in that post is reword your perfect house to a perfect toy. it still doesnt answer or define what perfection is. i cant see how its possible to have a universal perfection. i can understand suziannes view that in gods perfection mans opinions are meaningless, but this creates a whole new set of questions regarding the morality and motivations of god.
    Like beauty is in the mind of the beholder, I think perfection is also in the mind of the beholder. My perfection is just something in a new-like state that is fit for the purpose that it was made. In our world it seems obvious that it is not going to stay that way without a lot of outside help. However, God may have a differnent kind of perfection in mind that we can not even conceive of.
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Mar '13 11:27
    Like beauty is in the mind of the beholder, I think perfection is also in the mind of the beholder. My perfection is just something in a new-like state that is fit for the purpose that it was made. In our world it seems obvious that it is not going to stay that way without a lot of outside help. However, God may have a differnent kind of perfection in mind that we can not even conceive of.
    exactly, perfection is subjective. so gods idea of perfection isnt always going to be perfect for the individual. so this asks the question - if gods idea of a perfect universe is necessarily perfect for everybody, why should everybody follow him and why should those that dont be punished?
  5. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    12 Mar '13 11:31
    No is my answer. Suzianne may be able to explain better than I could, so I will leave that to her.
    I wait with anticipation!
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 00:00
    exactly, perfection is subjective. so gods idea of perfection isnt always going to be perfect for the individual. so this asks the question - if gods idea of a perfect universe is necessarily perfect for everybody, why should everybody follow him and why should those that dont be punished?
    I am not saying that everyone should follow God. Just those that wish to have eternal life. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 01:27
    Originally posted by OdBod
    Does that mean, that if a person believes they are acting according to the will of god ,they would not consider any earthly authority as being legitimate if that earthly authority in some way violated that persons interpretation of their god's intentions?
    No, not exactly. Earthly authority, as it stands, is fine for authority over earthly concerns. When any earthly authority tries to judge God, their authority fails. They cannot legitimately judge God.

The problem with your question as stated is that terms like legitimate and interpretation are open for discussion.

(And just to be clear to the pendants, when I say judge, I do mean "judge negatively".)
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 01:31
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    No need to worry about others "picking and choosing"
    from your posts if you have a consistant standpoint.
    I am human. I am not perfect. My opinion develops over time, like anyone else's, even yours. Even so, I think I'm fairly consistent. It's people who pick apart others' statements and have their own definitions for things that add confusion.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 01:31
    I am not saying that everyone should follow God. Just those that wish to have eternal life. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
    Hehe.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 01:33
    Because God is always right. Always.

It's humans who go wrong when they fail to listen to Him.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 01:44
    Who are you or anyone else to tell me I do not have authority to judge a god?

Who gave you that authority?
    It's true. No one has authority to judge God *without consequence*. By "judge" here, obviously I mean as in "disrespect" or as in rejecting him. To do so is a sin. You're obviously free to proclaim His glory to anyone who would listen. Free will works well, though. You can always do what you want, if you are willing to pay the consequences if you're wrong, just as you're willing to reap the benefits if you're right.

Who gave me authority to say that? No one. You're free to ignore me. Free will works well here, too. But the other side of the coin is that *you* are the one to suffer or benefit from your decisions, no one else.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 01:50
    Who are you or anyone else to tell me I do not have authority to judge a god?

Who gave you that authority?
    And for your information, it's God, with a big G. Yes, the God of the Jews, the Christians and the Muslims. The God of Abraham. There is no other god.

Little g gods are inconsequential.
  13. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 11:241 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Because God is always right. Always.

It's humans who go wrong when they fail to listen to Him.
    if i have an axe in my hand and the power of free will what dictates whether or not i chop my family to bits with it?
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 12:53
    if i have an axe in my hand and the power of free will what dictates whether or not i chop my family to bits with it?
    Your knowledge and emotions.
  15. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 13:18
    Your knowledge and emotions.
    and where do my emotions come from?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree