1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 15:18
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    if i have an axe in my hand and the power of free will what dictates whether or not i chop my family to bits with it?
    You can't shove that off on God, no matter how much it makes you giggle to do so.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 15:58
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    You can't shove that off on God, no matter how much it makes you giggle to do so.
    Either the universe is fully deterministic, and we can 'shove it off on God' or the universe contains randomness, in which case our actions ultimately contain some random elements. Whichever the case, it is nevertheless true that our actions are largely a result of our environment. Now whether or not we can blame God for our environment depends on how much God shapes our environment or knows what the consequences of doing so are. But ultimately, he is either to blame, or not as omnipotent as most theists claim.
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 16:04
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    try to ignore my giggling (as off putting as it is) and answer the question (ill reword it to make it more palatable).

if i have a flower in my hand what dictates if i give it to my wife as a sign of love or use it to beat a small, weak, ginger child to a pulp?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree