1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Dec '12 19:02
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So much for living in grace.
    Real Christians are under grace, you are under the law.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  2. Joined
    26 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 Dec '12 00:22
    Once again, we have the two diametrically opposed viewpoints. We have the rationalists saying, "Defend your assertions, the burden if proof is on you," and we have the Jeebus folks with their fingers in their ears saying "I can't hear you, nah nah nah! Jeebus, Jeebus, Jeebus!" Is that about the long and short of it?
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Dec '12 02:09
    Originally posted by shiloh
    Once again, we have the two diametrically opposed viewpoints. We have the rationalists saying, "Defend your assertions, the burden if proof is on you," and we have the Jeebus folks with their fingers in their ears saying "I can't hear you, nah nah nah! Jeebus, Jeebus, Jeebus!" Is that about the long and short of it?
    As a Christian, I have defended my belief many time on here with evidence from the creation in six days to the Shroud of Turin and the Sudarium of Oviedo. It is the atheists and evolutionists that can give no evidence for their belief and say, "the burden of proof is on you" and with their fingers in their ears say, "I can't hear you, nah nah nah! Evolution, evolution, evolution!" 😏
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    30 Dec '12 02:29
    I really have difficulty wrapping my head around the idea that in this day and age, many otherwise rational and seemingly intelligent people seem to honestly profess to believe LITERALLY in simplistic, Bronze Age hokum based on childish misinterpretations of the parables in the Bible, which are clearly metaphors for the complex, dualistic nature of man. If I ...[text shortened]... stuck with mere "thumpers" and "haters" wih no room in between for discussion? What say you?
    Truth is always Truth, Opinions change over time.
  5. Joined
    26 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 Dec '12 03:54
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    As a Christian, I have defended my belief many time on here with evidence from the creation in six days to the Shroud of Turin and the Sudarium of Oviedo. It is the atheists and evolutionists that can give no evidence for their belief and say, "the burden of proof is on you" and with their fingers in their ears say, "I can't hear you, nah nah nah! Evolution, evolution, evolution!" 😏
    My friend, there is no evidence for a six day creation. In point of fact, all available evidence refutes it. Furthermore, the burden of proof IS on you to defend your extraordinary claims. Logically speaking, one cannot prove a negative proposition, ie I cannot prove there is no Bigfoot. However, was I to claim to know Bigfoot existed, would it then be your responsibility to provide exhaustive research to prove me wrong? Of course not. The burden of proof is on the claimant. Always.
  6. Joined
    26 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 Dec '12 03:57
    My friend, there is no evidence for a six day creation. In point of fact, all available evidence refutes it. Furthermore, the burden of proof IS on you to defend your extraordinary claims. Logically speaking, one cannot prove a negative proposition, ie I cannot prove there is no Bigfoot. However, was I to claim to know Bigfoot existed, would it then be your r ...[text shortened]... stive research to prove me wrong? Of course not. The burden of proof is on the claimant. Always.
    And BTW, how can you claim the "evolutionists" have no evidence for their "beliefs?" It is the ONLY theory available which accounts for ALL the available evidence!
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Dec '12 05:28
    My friend, there is no evidence for a six day creation. In point of fact, all available evidence refutes it. Furthermore, the burden of proof IS on you to defend your extraordinary claims. Logically speaking, one cannot prove a negative proposition, ie I cannot prove there is no Bigfoot. However, was I to claim to know Bigfoot existed, would it then be your r ...[text shortened]... stive research to prove me wrong? Of course not. The burden of proof is on the claimant. Always.
    Just as I said, It is the atheists and evolutionists that can give no evidence for their belief and say, "the burden of proof is on you" and with their fingers in their ears say, "I can't hear you, nah nah nah! Evolution, evolution, evolution!" 😏
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Dec '12 05:34
    And BTW, how can you claim the "evolutionists" have no evidence for their "beliefs?" It is the ONLY theory available which accounts for ALL the available evidence!
    YouTube
  9. Joined
    26 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 Dec '12 07:27
    Just as I said, [b]It is the atheists and evolutionists that can give no evidence for their belief and say, "the burden of proof is on you" and with their fingers in their ears say, "I can't hear you, nah nah nah! Evolution, evolution, evolution!" 😏[/b]
    My friend, we are talking in circles, because you refuse to admit when you are wrong.
  10. Joined
    26 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 Dec '12 08:29
    There is no conflict between evolution and creationism. Evolution, in the general sense, is not a belief. It is fact. It is observable, provable fact. Darwin's Theory of Evolution is a theory. Theories evolve from facts. It is the theory which best accounts for the known evidence, which is why most scientists who study such things consider it the most likely explanation. Creationism is religious parable. It does not meet the vaguest criteria as theory, because it is in opposition to known fact. If you choose to build a belief system on rhetoric and allegory which has nothing to do with objective reality, you are free to do so. Shalom.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Dec '12 16:51
    My friend, we are talking in circles, because you refuse to admit when you are wrong.
    I have been wrong many times and do not refuse to admit it. Perhaps you are really speaking for yourself. You have been presented with information on why evolution is stupid and all you can do is accuse me of your own failings. You can rename "adaptation and variations" to "evolution" if you wish, but that does not change the fact that the theory of evolution is a dud. 😏
  12. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    30 Dec '12 16:58
    I have been wrong many times and do not refuse to admit it. Perhaps you are really speaking for yourself. You have been presented with information on why evolution is stupid and all you can do is accuse me of your own failings. You can rename "adaptation and variations" to "evolution" if you wish, but that does not change the fact that the theory of evolution is a dud. 😏
    Here is a question I have always wanted to ask and so RJ,
    if you don't mind I will ask it of you.

Do not be offended, I am only asking a question.

The question is, if god spoke to people and interacted with them as he is
    alleged to have done all those thousands of years ago.

Why does he not do it today? We do not hear any voice from the heavens.
    We do not see any burning bushes and we do not see the parting of the seas
    like we were told happened when the red sea miraculously separated for Moses.

Why do we not see that kind of divine intervention today?
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Dec '12 17:10
    There is no conflict between evolution and creationism. Evolution, in the general sense, is not a belief. It is fact. It is observable, provable fact. Darwin's Theory of Evolution is a theory. Theories evolve from facts. It is the theory which best accounts for the known evidence, which is why most scientists who study such things consider it the most likely ...[text shortened]... ric and allegory which has nothing to do with objective reality, you are free to do so. Shalom.
    Your belief in the theory of evolution is based on faith alone. The fact is that evolution has never happened and it never will. What the evolutionist claim to see as evolution is just adaptation and variation and sometimes a few mutations. They are so desporate to prove evolution that they have gone out of their way to falsify the records and commit outright fraud on the scientific community and the general public because the only alternative of special creation is unthinkable for them to accept. You have been taught these lies and believe them. There are many unexplained problems with the theory, which should never have went past the hypothesis stage. The theory of evolution is a dud.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Dec '12 17:26
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    Here is a question I have always wanted to ask and so RJ,
    if you don't mind I will ask it of you.

Do not be offended, I am only asking a question.

The question is, if god spoke to people and interacted with them as he is
    alleged to have done all those thousands of years ago.

Why does he not do it today? We do not hear any voice from the ...[text shortened]... miraculously separated for Moses.

Why do we not see that kind of divine intervention today?
    Not everyone sees any divine intervention today, because the Son is in Heaven with the Father preparing a place for all believers. We Christians on Earth are His representatiives today and we have the testimonies of those who wrote the scriptures. We are not left alone however, because the third person of the trinity of God, the Holy Spirit, is here to teach and guide us to the truth. It is not his purpose to show miraculous signs to the unbeliever today, so don't look for them as proof of God.
  15. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    30 Dec '12 19:35
    Your belief in the theory of evolution is based on faith alone. The fact is that evolution has never happened and it never will. What the evolutionist claim to see as evolution is just adaptation and variation and sometimes a few mutations. They are so desporate to prove evolution that they have gone out of their way to falsify the records and commit outr ...[text shortened]... eory, which should never have went past the hypothesis stage. The theory of evolution is a dud.
    Lol.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree