1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 Dec '12 04:05
    Originally posted by shiloh
    I agree that if you want things done right you must do them yourself. In other words, if you want to do good, you must find your own goodness, if you want wisdom, you must seek it, and not invest all of your potential for goodness and wisdom into an imaginary father figure as a denial and a justification for your circumstances or out of fear.
    That sounds nice to me. But it does not make any sense to me. Only God is good. God is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit for your information. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  2. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    31 Dec '12 09:40
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Without actual money, other things may suffice.

Wealth in material resources: furs, precious metals, weapons, women, herds of animals, magical totems.

Wealth in influence: the favor of the chieftain, being next in line for chieftain, becoming the tribe's medicine man.

Wealth in knowledge or ability: knowledge of trapping animals, knowledge of agric ...[text shortened]... skill in hunting or fighting, skill in games of chance.

I could go on, but you get my point.
    Perhaps then one should reject the term 'evil' and adopt the buddhist view that desire is the cause of all suffering.
  3. Joined
    26 Oct '06
    Moves
    31 Dec '12 13:23
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    That sounds nice to me. But it does not make any sense to me. Only God is good. God is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit for your information. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
    I disagree. Investing these qualities in an imaginary diety is a cop-out, to save yourself from having to accept responsibility for the consequences of your descisions. Goodness, wisdom and "God" all come from man.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 Dec '12 15:25
    Originally posted by shiloh
    I disagree. Investing these qualities in an imaginary diety is a cop-out, to save yourself from having to accept responsibility for the consequences of your descisions. Goodness, wisdom and "God" all come from man.
    Your imaginary diet is a cop-out. God is good. Man is evil.

Jesus said, "For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lewdness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness."
    (Mark 7:21-22 NKJV)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree