1. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    07 Oct '12 21:24
    http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/text/tertullian24.html
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86373
    07 Oct '12 21:26
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/text/tertullian24.html
    TLDR
  3. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    07 Oct '12 21:322 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    TLDR
    pity that, its a first hand account of a young women's martyrdom and is considered one
    of the earliest and most beautiful of Christian writings, you can watch it in Andrew
    Marrs history of the world instead if you prefer to be spoon fed.
  4. Joined
    22 Dec '11
    Moves
    18461
    07 Oct '12 21:50
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/text/tertullian24.html
    You been watching Mr Marr too, did you note the point where it all went pear shaped?
  5. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    07 Oct '12 21:512 edits
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    You been watching Mr Marr too, did you note the point where it all went pear shaped?
    ummm, not really, I only caught parts of it, from the Chinese emperor until the
    Muhammadans or are you talking about the actual written account of Vivia
    Perpetua? Christ was noticeable by his absence though.
  6. Joined
    22 Dec '11
    Moves
    18461
    07 Oct '12 21:581 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    ummm, not really, I only caught parts of it, from the Chinese emperor until the
    Muhammadans or are you talking about the actual written account of Vivia
    Perpetua? Christ was noticeable by his absence though.
    I was thinking from a Christian perspective in your honour and I think it lost itself with the arrival of Constantine.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86373
    08 Oct '12 03:37
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    pity that, its a first hand account of a young women's martyrdom and is considered one of the earliest and most beautiful of Christian writings, you can watch it in Andrew Marrs history of the world instead if you prefer to be spoon fed.
    Who considers it to be beautiful, Andrew Marr; and why is it significant to you personally?
  8. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    08 Oct '12 06:50
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    I was thinking from a Christian perspective in your honour and I think it lost itself with the arrival of Constantine.
    yes, he never got the point.
  9. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    08 Oct '12 06:531 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Who considers it to be beautiful, Andrew Marr; and why is it significant to you personally?
    i consider it to be beautiful and its significant to me because it demonstrates many beautiful Christian principles. In fact how anyone can fail to be moved by it, i have no idea.
Back to Top