1. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    15 Jun '13 15:401 edit
    "Who, although he was existing in God’s form, gave no consideration to a seizure, namely, that he should be equal to God."

    please can I have an explanation of this verse from those who state that Jesus is God Almighty.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86369
    15 Jun '13 15:51
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    "Who, although he was existing in God’s form, gave no consideration to a seizure, namely, that he should be equal to God."

    please can I have an explanation of this verse from those who state that Jesus is God Almighty.
    The king James has it:

    5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, 7 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men.

    Being as how the JW organisation changes their translation to fit their doctrines, I am not surprised you are confused.
  3. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    15 Jun '13 15:523 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    The king James has it:

    5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, 7 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men.

    Being as how the JW organisation changes their translation to fit their doctrines, I am not surprised you are confused.
    sorry you have not explained the verse at all, please explain it to me. Have you looked at the text in the original language, no? then how do you know that the version that you cited is accurate? proffering up your ignorance and prejudices is not good enough, try again.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86369
    15 Jun '13 15:553 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    sorry you have not explained the verse at all, please explain it to me.
    Robbie rather than trying to move the debate onto your own ground, please see my last post in the "favourite verses" thread, which is where the discussion originates and where I state my position on the identity of jesus christ and also where i critique your organisation's duplicitous approach to scripture, both with evidence.

    I will not reply to this thread again until you show some forum debate etiquette.
  5. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    15 Jun '13 15:582 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Robbie rather than trying to move the debate onto your own ground, please see my last post in the favourite scripture thread which is where the discussion originates and where I state my position on the identity of jesus christ and also where i critique your organisation's duplicitous approach to scripture, both with evidence.

    I will not reply to this again until you show some forum debate etiquette.
    no you will explain the verse, you have stated that you believe Jesus is God Almighty, this verse contradicts your claim so either you are lying/mistaken/don't know what you are talking about or the apostle is. I am uninterested in anything but your explanation. I simply don't believe you have anyway of knowing what is an accurate translation and your assertions are simply the expression of an ignorant and prejudiced mind, so here is your opportunity to prove me wrong. Sure run way because you have no answer, its entirely typical of those who are challenged and cannot provide a rational basis for their assertions.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12695
    15 Jun '13 17:06
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    no you will explain the verse, you have stated that you believe Jesus is God Almighty, this verse contradicts your claim so either you are lying/mistaken/don't know what you are talking about or the apostle is. I am uninterested in anything but your explanation. I simply don't believe you have anyway of knowing what is an accurate translation and y ...[text shortened]... typical of those who are challenged and cannot provide a rational basis for their assertions.
    If you really want to understand this verse and are not just trying to promote Watchtower dogma, you only have to start at the beginning to see the purpose of what the apostle Paul was saying about humility to understand it.

    The Instructor
  7. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    15 Jun '13 17:143 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    If you really want to understand this verse and are not just trying to promote Watchtower dogma, you only have to start at the beginning to see the purpose of what the apostle Paul was saying about humility to understand it.

    The Instructor
    why dont you just tell me, you seem to be an expert, why dont you explain the verse. you say that Jesus is equal to God, the Bible says that Christ never even considered that he was equal to God, so either you are lying mistaken/dont know what you are talking about, or the apostle is.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12695
    15 Jun '13 19:254 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    why dont you just tell me, you seem to be an expert, why dont you explain the verse. you say that Jesus is equal to God, the Bible says that Christ never even considered that he was equal to God, so either you are lying mistaken/dont know what you are talking about, or the apostle is.
    Here is the verse in context with other scripture:

    Therefore if there is any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and mercy, fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.

    Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.


    (Philippians 2:1-11 NKJV)

    The apostle Paul is appealing to the Philippian church to come together in unity of fellowship by showing the same love, mercy, selfishness, and humility that Christ Jesus did. He is telling them not to be conceited and think only of their own interests, but to consider the interests of others just like Christ Jesus did. Now the apostle Paul goes on to explain the attitude of mind of Christ Jesus as an example.

    The apostle Paul says that Christ Jesus was in the form of God and we already know this from John chapter 1, were it says the Word was God. Jesus did not consider that robbery to be equal with God, since He was of the same essence as God, being begotten of the Father and being a person in the Godhead. But seeing a need to save His human creation, he humbled himself to become in the likeness of man and be obedient to the Father to the point of death on the cross to provide a way for sinful man to be redeemed.

    Because of His humbling and self sacrifice, God the Father exalted Christ Jesus by giving Him all authority so His name is above every name and all should worship Him and confess Jesus Christ is LORD to the glory of God the Father.

    For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell, and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross.

    (Colossians 1:19-20 NKJV)

    For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.

    (Colossians 2:9-10 NKJV)

    For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son, that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.

    (John 5:22-23 New King James Version)

    HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

    The instructor
  9. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    15 Jun '13 19:491 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Here is the verse in context with other scripture:

    [b]Therefore if there is any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and mercy, fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness o ...[text shortened]... rsion)

    HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

    The instructor
    so the apostle stated that Jesus never even considered himself equal to God but really was God anyway. It makes absolutely no sense and is nonsense.
  10. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    93434
    15 Jun '13 20:00
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    so the apostle stated that Jesus never even considered himself equal to God but really was God anyway. It makes absolutely no sense and is nonsense.
    It makes absolutely no sense and is nonsense.


    oooohhhh the irony!
  11. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    15 Jun '13 20:06
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    [b]It makes absolutely no sense and is nonsense.


    oooohhhh the irony![/b]
    meh, whats up doc?
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12695
    15 Jun '13 20:211 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    so the apostle stated that Jesus never even considered himself equal to God but really was God anyway. It makes absolutely no sense and is nonsense.
    That is a strawman and you know is not what I said. Read it again if you don't understand what I said. You can't be that stupid to not be able to understand your own language.

    The Instructor
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12695
    15 Jun '13 20:281 edit
    Perhaps I wrote too much for your puny mind to take in all at once. Here is the main point of what I said again:

    The apostle Paul says that Christ Jesus was in the form of God and we already know this from John chapter 1, were it says the Word was God. Jesus did not consider that robbery to be equal with God, since He was of the same essence as God, being begotten of the Father and being a person in the Godhead. But seeing a need to save His human creation, he humbled himself to become in the likeness of man and be obedient to the Father to the point of death on the cross to provide a way for sinful man to be redeemed.

    Because of His humbling and self sacrifice, God the Father exalted Christ Jesus by giving Him all authority so His name is above every name and all should worship Him and confess Jesus Christ is LORD to the glory of God the Father.


    The Instructor
  14. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    15 Jun '13 21:31
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    That is a strawman and you know is not what I said. Read it again if you don't understand what I said. You can't be that stupid to not be able to understand your own language.

    The Instructor
    call it what you like, you say one thing, the apostle says another, Satan and you say that we should worship Jesus, Jesus says that its God alone whom we should worship. Ill take my chances with the apostle and Jesus if you dont mind.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12695
    15 Jun '13 22:51
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    call it what you like, you say one thing, the apostle says another, Satan and you say that we should worship Jesus, Jesus says that its God alone whom we should worship. Ill take my chances with the apostle and Jesus if you dont mind.
    The apostle Paul says that Christ Jesus was in the form of God.
    Christ Jesus said, "If you have seen me you have seen the Father."
    Christ Jesus also said, "I and my Father are One."
    Christ Jesus also said, "Before Abraham was, I AM."

    HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!

    The instructor
Back to Top