1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    27 Dec '07 12:22
    Originally posted by vistesd
    [b]If you want to reject Christ the Savior in order to TRY to be "saved" through this manner, it will not work.

I truly cannot imagine anyone coming at it from such a mindset.[/b]
    From what I have read from you you do not believe that Jesus Christ is a living Person. I suspect then it follows that you do not believe that Jesus rose from the dead.

I think you don't believe that Jesus is resurrected and can be known.
    But you have considerable lot to say about theology, church history, theological words, history of Christian doctrine, Logos, etc.

Honestly speaking your posts are often too tragic to bear reading. The apostle Paul spoke of some:

"Always learning, yet never able to come to the full knowledge of the truth." (2 Timothy 3:7)

When we bring up Jesus you seem to jump into a discussion about the Logos. I think you are hiding behind Logos in order to avoid Jesus.

If we have the Son we have the Father. If we do not have the Son we do not have the Father.

God wants to dispense His element into our beings. He wants to impart His life into us. We have to receive the Son of God. He has to be born into us as the resurrected and living Person Who He is today.

"the last Adam became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45)
  2. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    27 Dec '07 12:411 edit
    Originally posted by jaywill
    The apostle Paul spoke of some:

[b]"Always learning, yet never able to come to the full knowledge of the truth." (2 Timothy 3:7)

[/b]
    Any god worth his salt would surely prize vistesd's patient and open-minded search for knowledge above virtually everything.

This is a manifestion of one of mankind's greatest and noblest abilities.

Any god who merely wants slavish, unquestioning obedience is, by contrast, appealing to our base natures, and should be judged as such.
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    27 Dec '07 13:40
    Originally posted by dottewell
    Any god worth his salt would surely prize vistesd's patient and open-minded search for knowledge above virtually everything.

Any god who merely wants slavish, unquestioning obedience is, by contrast, appealing to our base natures, and should be judged as such.
    I hope that you are right, that visted is patient and open minded.

One can also be patient and closed minded too though.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Dec '07 17:081 edit
    From what I have read from you you do not believe that Jesus Christ is a living Person. I suspect then it follows that you do not believe that Jesus rose from the dead.

I think you don't believe that Jesus is resurrected and can be known.
    But you have considerable lot to say about theology, church history, theological words, history of Christian doctri rson Who He is today.

[b]"the last Adam became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45)
    [/b]
    How exactly can one "eternal" being be the "Son" of another eternal being?
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Dec '07 17:11
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    With God anything is possible. Why he chose this particular Way to make himself accessible is beyond me. Of course there are explanations for why Christ had to be born into the world and die for mankind, but I doubt that's the kind of answer you're looking for.

For my part, I am glad that I was able to know exactly what was required of me. God is n ...[text shortened]... d I may have as a man. Most highly of all, the need to intimately know and serve my Creator.
    With an attitude like that, you should have been born a house pet rather than a man.
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    27 Dec '07 17:17
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Of himself, no less.
  7. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    27 Dec '07 17:221 edit

That question is too difficult for me. Do you have an easier one ?
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Dec '07 17:231 edit
    [b] How exactly can one "eternal" being be the "Son" of another eternal being?

That question is too difficult for me. Do you have an easier one ?[/b]
    Check all of Witness Lee's writings; maybe he has something on it.

Here's an easier one: Why can't you answer even the most basic logical questions regarding your belief systems?
  9. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    27 Dec '07 17:45
    Check all of Witness Lee's writings; maybe he has something on it.

Here's an easier one: Why can't you answer even the most basic logical questions regarding your belief systems?
    If you really want a anwer why don't you check what Witness Lee said. I've read quite a lot of what Lee said and he too admits that some things we simply cannot explain.

I believe that the Gospel does not say "He that can explaineth has eternal life" but "He that believes has eternal life ..."

As for "basic questions". On this forum I think I have answered a lot of basic and not so basic questions.

I can answer the question of why I am here in this universe. Can you?
  10. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    27 Dec '07 17:471 edit
    Every now and then posters come along and think that somehow I should be ashamed that I have learned much from Witness Lee. I don't know why.

www.regenerated.net

www.godseconomy.org
  11. Illinois
    Moves
    27 Dec '07 17:501 edit
    Originally posted by dottewell

"Unquestioning obedience" is not the issue here. Without the ability of discrimination it would not be possible to discern the truth of any matter, the truth of God being no different. Unquestioning obedience is neither required nor desirable. The real issue is whether or not one ever finally arrives at the "full knowledge of the truth." What is being positively asserted is that a "full knowledge of the truth" is indeed possible. To perpetually seek the truth but never find it is the problem.

Christ said definitively that whoever seeks shall find (Matt 7:7). Therefore, to always seek but never find indicates an ulterior motive for the seeking. "You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures" (James 4:3). Intellectual pride is enough to keep anyone seeking "full knowledge of the truth" but never arriving at it.

"We see that philosophers are neither lowly nor meek. Rather, they greatly please themselves." ~Cyprian (c. 250)

"Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you seems to be wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God" (1 Cor 3:18-19).
  12. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    27 Dec '07 17:50
    no1marauder,

You sound like the fellow that I said I would not wipe you off the bottom of my shoes about a year ago.

That insult was too much. I'm sorry I said that.
    Forgive me. That was too much.

However, I will debate you.
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Dec '07 17:512 edits
    If you really want a anwer why don't you check what Witness Lee said. I've read quite a lot of what Lee said and he too admits that some things we simply cannot explain.

I believe that the Gospel does not say "He that can explaineth has eternal life" but "He that believes has eternal life ..."

As for "basic questions". On this forum I think I h ...[text shortened]... ic questions.

I can answer the question of why I am here in this universe. Can you?
    It would seem to me that all those on this forum prattling about Jesus as the "Son of God" should have some idea of how to answer the question posed. In particular you said this: "If we have the Son we have the Father. If we do not have the Son we do not have the Father."

That they don't merely shows the extreme illogic of your's and their belief systems.

That you can answer the question you gave by believing in a fairy tale is most unimpressive. The question you pose needs no answer in my view as it is meaningless. We are more than in the universe, we are part of the universe; there is no "why".
  14. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    27 Dec '07 18:131 edit
    It would seem to me that all those on this forum prattling about Jesus as the "Son of God" should have some idea of how to answer the question posed. In particular you said this: "If we have the Son we have the Father. If we do not have the Son we do not have the Father."

That they don't merely shows the extreme illogic of your's and their belief sys ...[text shortened]... gless. We are more than in the universe, we are part of the universe; there is no "why".
    Oooo!! I believe in a fairy tale.

Heavy !

You didn't mention the "Invisible Pink Unicorn" yet. How come ? That's a nice little piece of ridicule.

If you want to be serious and show a bit of mutual respect for each other's beliefs, I will give you something of an answer to your question about an "eternal" Son of God.

That is if you really want to know what I would say about that tough question.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Dec '07 18:221 edit
    Oooo!! I believe in a fairy tale.

Heavy !

You didn't mention the "Invisible Pink Unicorn" yet. How come ? That's a nice little piece of ridicule.

If you want to be serious and show a bit of mutual respect for each other's beliefs, I will give you something of an answer to your question about an "eternal" Son of God.

That is if you really want to know what I would say about that tough question.
    If you had bothered to simply answer the question, you might have avoided the ridicule. None of the Fundies here have ever showed the slightest bit of "mutual respect" for anyone else's beliefs on this forum; that is epitomized by the first post by you on this page (indeed by the idea behind the entire thread).

If you want to answer the question, answer it. If I wasn't interested in hearing one of the Fundies here try to answer it, I wouldn't have asked.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree