1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Dec '11 17:55
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The holy Bible says God does not change. What does that mean to you?
    Immutability... never equivocates or waffles on obligations or changes but always keeps His word

(which includes His promises) provides the guarantee of the permanence of our so great salvation.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Dec '11 18:08
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Immutability... never equivocates or waffles on obligations or changes but always keeps His word

(which includes His promises) provides the guarantee of the permanence of our so great salvation.[/b]
    The Holy Bible says that if a word or prophecy does not come true that it
    is not of God. Is there anyway of knowing a prophecy in the Holy Bible
    is from God without waiting for it to come true?
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Dec '11 18:342 edits

The Holy Bible says that if a word or prophecy does not come true that it
    is not of God.
    Is there anyway of knowing a prophecy in the Holy Bible
    is from God without waiting for it to come true?
    Precisely! And all events prophesied within the Sixty Six Books of OT/NT Scripture have been fulfilled from Genesis 1:1 through the substitutionary spiritual death, resurrection, ascension, secession of Christ and completion of the Canon in 90 AD. There are no unfulfilled prophecies in the Church Age Dispensation in which we live... next event is the exanastasis or Rapture of Believers, which may occur tonight or centuries from now. No man knows the date or the hour. Tribulation, Anti-Christ's frantic brief rule, Battle of Armageddon, Second Advent and many other events regarding God's Promises to Israel will then occur .

gb
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Dec '11 18:541 edit
    Precisely! And all events prophesied within the Sixty Six Books of OT/NT Scripture have been fulfilled from Genesis 1:1 through the substitutionary spiritual death, resurrection, ascension, secession of Christ and completion of the Canon in 90 AD. There are [b]no unfulfilled prophecies in the Church Age Dispensation in which we live... next event is ...[text shortened]... lievers, which may occur tonight or centuries from now. No man knows the date or the hour.

gb[/b]
    I guess you are including the establishment of Israel in one day, on May 14,
    1948 and the returning of the Jews to settle there as part of the church Age
    Dispnsation. Is there any chance that you have overlooked a prophecy that
    might be fulfilled before this Rapture of Believers is due to occur. And how
    do you know that the prophecy of this Rapture of Believers is of God and not
    a false prophecy, since it has not taken place?
  5. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    05 Dec '11 18:58
    The problem with things that are eternal as in 'outside of time' is that [b]they are static as far as WE are concerned. God as described in most religions is not static and is therefore at least in part, not eternal.[/b]
    "Static" is only conceivable with respect to the passage of time. It is like zero change in some attribute per second, or 0/1. But eternity means that there is zero change independently of time, or 0/0. It is not conceivable to our time-bound thinking; just as in math, the value of 0/0 is undefined. I think bringing in words like "static" from the everyday world is a mistake.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Dec '11 19:53
    Originally posted by JS357

"Static" is only conceivable with respect to the passage of time. It is like zero change in some attribute per second, or 0/1. But eternity means that there is zero change independently of time, or 0/0. It is not conceivable to our time-bound thinking; just as in math, the value of 0/0 is undefined. I think bringing in words like "static" from the everyday world is a mistake.
    05 Dec '11 11:50
    Originally posted by twhitehead

"The problem with things that are eternal as in 'outside of time' is that they are static as far as we are concerned. God as described in most religions is not static and is therefore at least in part, not eternal."

"The problem with things that are eternal as in 'outside of time' is that they are static as far as WE are concerned. God as described in most religions is not static and is therefore at least in part, not eternal."

Only the capitalization and bolding of the 'we" is mine (to suggest the subjectivity of the quoted sentence to Twhitehead).
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Dec '11 20:131 edit

"The problem with things that are eternal as in 'outside of time' is that they are static as far as we are concerned. God as described in most religions is not static and is therefore at least in part, not eternal."

"The problem with things that are eternal as in 'o the 'we" is mine (to suggest the subjectivity of the quoted sentence to Twhitehead).
    But to my question:
    The holy Bible says God does not change. What does that mean to you?

You replied:
    Immutability... never equivocates or waffles on obligations or changes but always keeps His word

(which includes His promises) provides the guarantee of the permanence of our so great salvation.

So what are you getting at? Why are you being so cryptic. Spit it out.

P.S. Answer in relation to the statement by JS357.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Dec '11 20:363 edits
    I guess you are including the establishment of Israel in one day, on May 14,
    1948 and the returning of the Jews to settle there as part of the church Age
    Dispnsation. Is there any chance that you have overlooked a prophecy that
    might be fulfilled before this Rapture of Believers is due to occur. And how
    do you know that the prophecy of this Rapture of Believers is of God and not
    a false prophecy, since it has not taken place?
    The partial return of Jews to the ancient homeland after the Ten Days War is often falsely interpreted as a prophetic event and sign of the imminency of the 'end times'. Pseudo interpretation. Divine Order of The Day is still the dispersion (or Diaspora) of the Jews and has been ever since their collective rejection of the Messiah and destruction of the Temple in 70 AD. That event marked the conclusion (or interruption) of The Dispensation of Israel. It's final week will be completed during the worldwide evangelism by the 144,000 witnesses and regathering of the Jews during the seven years of the Tribulation, which will be terminated by the Battle of Armagedon in which Christ will be victorious. Since we'll be in Heaven enjoying the Wedding Feast of Christ with His Bride, we won't be on the scene but that mass movement of recently converted Jews from every nook and cranny around the globe to their ancient homeland will mightly dwarf the events of 1948. You ask how I know the Rapture of Believers is of God. RJ, I know with absolute certainty because I know Him in whom I have believed and because I've been consistently taught His inspired Word with academic authority under the ministry of my right pastor-teacher Robert B. Thieme (link embedded within my profile) since the early 1970's.

gb
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    05 Dec '11 20:36

"The problem with things that are eternal as in 'o ...[text shortened]... the 'we" is mine (to suggest the subjectivity of the quoted sentence to Twhitehead).
    I appreciate the perspective, and your pointing out that it IS a perspective. It would be like what a resident of Flatland experiences as his flat 2D world encounters a sphere. The sphere is unchanging in all ways, but it first appears as a point on the plane, then an expanding circle, then a decreasing circle, then a point.

YouTube

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flatland
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Dec '11 21:04
    The partial return of Jews to the ancient homeland after the Ten Days War is often falsely interpreted as a prophetic event and sign of the imminency of the 'end times'. Pseudo interpretation. Divine Order of The Day is still the dispersion (or Diaspora) of the Jews and has been ever since their collective rejection of the Messiah and destruction of the ...[text shortened]... right pastor-teacher Robert B. Thieme (link in my profile) since the early 1970's.

gb
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but there is no Dispensation of the Church, a
    dispensation of Israel, or a dispensation of anything. There is also no
    interruption in anything that will be completed in a final week. This is
    all false teaching like what the Jehovah's Witnesses are taught and is
    all a trick of Satan the Devil. All we can look forward to is Christ coming
    in Judgment and our hope of the resurrection of the dead and the
    changing of our bodies to be suitable for eternal life. Don't believe
    everything your pastor tells you for he probably says Jesus was crucified
    on Friday instead of Wednesday because that is what he was taught.
  11. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    05 Dec '11 21:234 edits
    EP)------------------>[t...]------------------------------------------------------------>(EF

Picture that or this...

.me

That'll never compileReveal Hidden Content
    you\'ve got everything muddled up

Here, try this instead:

*(E)->P[t]->EF( "Picture that or this" ).me;
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Dec '11 21:58
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but there is no Dispensation of the Church, a
    dispensation of Israel, or a dispensation of anything. There is also no
    interruption in anything that will be completed in a final week. This is
    all false teaching like what the Jehovah's Witnesses are taught and is
    all a trick of Satan the Devil. All we can look forward to is C ...[text shortened]... y says Jesus was crucified
    on Friday instead of Wednesday because that is what he was taught.
    Thank you.
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Dec '11 21:58
    Originally posted by Agerg
    [b]EP)------------------>[t...]------------------------------------------------------------>(EF

Picture that or this...

.me

That'll never compile[hidden]you\'ve got everything muddled up[/hidden]

Here, try this instead:

*(E)->P[t]->EF( "Picture that or this" ).me;[/b]
    Okay.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree