1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 08:26
    Originally posted by Dasa
    The Jesus story has been around the block before.

Of the following (semi) deities, legends went around that they were born of a virgin: had birthdays on the 25th of Dec: performed miracles: had 12 disciples: fed the multitudes: were called the savour: were also called the light of man: died and resurrected on the 3rd day etc

Augustus (his father was the g ...[text shortened]... e of all causes.
    Speaking of plagiarism dasa, please quote your sources.

You have been called out in this dishonesty several times before.

In this case:

http://jdstone.org/cr/files/mithraschristianity.html
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 08:28
    Originally posted by caissad4
    Great post Dasa !!! Thumbs up from me.
    Wow, you have got it bad haven't you.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 08:30
    Originally posted by buckky
    Thats a lot of tricky thinking to come up with that conclusion. Could it be that the whole story is a primitive idea that primitive people found appealing ?
    Welcome back.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jan '13 22:52
    "The Jesus Myth" A discussion with JP Holding author of "Shattering the Christ Myth".

YouTube
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Feb '13 14:23
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Wow. Apart from the last two sentences that was actually coherent...

Who are you and what have you done with dasa?
    (still think you should be perma banned for some of the stuff you've already said but
    apparently that's just me).

And yes you are right.

The JC character was almost certainly a made up fusion of different myths from around
    that time.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/carrier/archives/667/
    Videos refutting the conspiracy theory of Zeitgeist's so-called myth of Jesus.

YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=knNjbWKwz8E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&NR=1&v=JFI6m6Icav4
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '13 04:544 edits
    Originally posted by OdBod
    It seems the different religions all believe they own the absolute truth.They will never agree,in the end it will come down to which faith is the strongest and more able to propagate,bit like theory of evolution, how ironic!!!!!
    When you find counterfeit money.............it means one thing.

It means that somewhere out there ...............there is real money.

It is the duty of all truth seekers to honestly seek out true relgion.

Any religion that allows you to harm animals is false.

Knowing this ......you may now eliminate many religion,s from your list of relgion,s that you thought were true and thus making it easier to find true religion.

Also true religion will be that religion that is eternal.

Now you have 2 truism,s that shall help you find true religion.................from the many religions on offer.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Feb '13 04:59
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Yes, that could be true too. There are many who will stop at nothing to discredit Christianity.
    I have to say, this is the most popular thread Dasa has had to date. Unfortunatly, as with all of his other threads, I did not have the stomach to read any of it.

Thanks for splaining why this thread has been so popular in a few concise short words. 😵
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Feb '13 05:02
    If Dasa were an atheist, he would spout for hours about being a true athetist.

No doubt, he would be one of the most popular posters on here.

All you have to do to be one of the cool guys on here is to drop the bit about God Dasa.
  9. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    04 Feb '13 09:40
    Originally posted by Dasa
    When you find counterfeit money.............it means one thing.

It means that somewhere out there ...............there is real money.
    You might well be correct that the existence of fake money is very strong evidence
    that real money exists...

However where you go wrong is to assume that because you can apply that reasoning
    to money that you can equally apply it to religion.

If I were to make up a religion, and gain a following for that religion (something that I think
    pretty much everyone here would agree other people have done in the past) that wouldn't
    mean that any other religion was true. That's just a non-sequitur.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Feb '13 15:091 edit
    You might well be correct that the existence of fake money is very strong evidence

However where you go wrong is to assume that because you can apply that reasoning

If I were to make up a religion, and gain a following for that religion (something that I think
    prett ...[text shortened]... n the past) that wouldn't
    There is no God of religion. If God is real then that is the God of reality not the God of religion. Either there is God or there is not. If God is then we cannot merely brush this God off as "religion's" God. That is truth's God.

You have to decide whether there is a reality's God or not.
    That is the decision of your life.
  11. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    04 Feb '13 19:13
    Originally posted by sonship
    There is no God of religion. If God is real then that is the God of [b]reality not the God of religion. Either there is God or there is not. If God is then we cannot merely brush this God off as "religion's" God. That is truth's God.

You have to decide whether there is a reality's God or not.
    That is the decision of your life.[/b]
    I don't know what that sparked of but (the majority of) religions are based around the worship of a god or gods.

Different religions have different gods they are based around.

When discussing different gods you usually do it in terms of the religion based around them.

And again stop with this "the most important decision in your life is whether to believe in god or not" crap.

That's not the most important decision even if a god does exist.

It certainly not in the massively, unbelievably, beyond all possible reasonable doubt, overwhelmingly more likely
    scenario where god doesn't exist.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Feb '13 02:16

prett ...[text shortened]... n the past) that wouldn't
    Might be correct? It appears you are reluctant to say Dasa is right on anything.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Feb '13 17:05
    It will all comes down to the final judgments of God. No human organization can own absolute truth, neither in science or religion. Absolute truth can not be changed by whoever has the most faith or weapons. God determines absolute truth.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!
    If all that is true, why didn't Christianity and the whole Jesus affair not happen the first time this myth was told? By your reckoning, Jesus should have come down to Earth on the first telling of that story. Why the wait? Christianity should be 6000 years old.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Feb '13 23:15
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    If all that is true, why didn't Christianity and the whole Jesus affair not happen the first time this myth was told? By your reckoning, Jesus should have come down to Earth on the first telling of that story. Why the wait? Christianity should be 6000 years old.
    You don't make any sense. I think you must have your head up your arse.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Feb '13 16:171 edit
    You don't make any sense. I think you must have your head up your arse.
    I am making the point as to why your god waited several thousand years to send JC and the boys. What was so different 2000 years ago compared to 6000 years ago or 4000 years ago? If your god is omniscient it would have foreseen the need for its 'son' to come down to earth way before Jesus allegedly appeared.

It just flies in the face of reason for JC and the boys to have shown up when they did, for instance, not now, when so MANY bad things have been perpetrated on humans, I am talking about the crusades, the pogroms, the slaughter of millions, Hitler, Pol Pot, the totally man made extinction of whole species of animals, the human made coming catastrophe of climate change, etc. We need a Jesus to come down and save our sorry butts NOW a lot more than they did 2000 years ago.

Where is your JC now? I see NOBODY.

Could it be because there was nobody there 2000 years ago either?

I rather think yes.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree