1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Aug '11 07:07
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Man has the higher consciousness to put aside basic instincts...
    I wish you had a little more higher conciousness to put away your basic instincts
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Aug '11 07:12
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Like I told Dasa, I fell for that argument once myself and started
    making sure I posted every reference until I realized how ridiculous
    it was to cowtail to the likes of you. You or your kind have no
    authority over me so I can do as I please and so can Dasa. Sorry
    Dasa, I am not going to cowtail to you either and stop eating meat.
    Since when has acknowledging another persons words or ideas been "cowtailing"? (whatever that means).

It is plagiarism to present another persons work as your own. If you make a post in a forum (especially a debate forum) where you use insights, ideas or quotations from another person without crediting them, you are stealing their intellectual literary work.

Not to mention discrediting your argument and making yourself look small-minded.
  3. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    25 Aug '11 07:27
    But everyone knows it is the truth of the Veda.

Truth cannot be plagiarised it belongs to everyone and it is eternal and belongs to no single person.

The postings are Vedic sourced.

And they know this because I am constantly telling them that this knowledge is from the Veda.

It usually has S.B, or B.G. or something and if it doesn't they still know ...[text shortened]... d of the day the person doesn't care less about the subject that is supposedly plagiarised.
    Hang on a minute.......

You posted some text from a creationist Christian website in the science forum a couple of weeks ago, when i asked you to put in a link showing the origin of the text you said....................OK.

You acknowledged your cut and paste and the fact you shoud site the original source. What's changed?!
  4. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Aug '11 08:03
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Hang on a minute.......

You posted some text from a creationist Christian website in the science forum a couple of weeks ago, when i asked you to put in a link showing the origin of the text you said....................OK.

You acknowledged your cut and paste and the fact you shoud site the original source. What's changed?!
    Nothing ..............I will do as you ask.

We are just talking about the subject of plagiarism and its become a little heated.

From now on to appease everyone I shall put at the end of each cut and paste (From the Vedas)

That particular post that you mentioned was a link on a Vedic website and I didn't bother to notice what that link was at all.
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Aug '11 08:14
    Originally posted by FMF
    Posting text that someone else wrote without conceding the fact, or citing the source or the rightful author's name, or giving the URL/link, is "claiming words" as your own. You have been caught doing it time and time again.
    Stop pretending you don't know the author.

The author is the Veda.

And you know the author is the Veda.

You are creating disturbance by your pretence of not knowing.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Aug '11 08:25
    Stop pretending you don't know the author.

The author is the Veda.
    So - for example - the book review of Forbidden Archaeology and the summary of its content - which a Google search indicated was plagiarism - was in fact from the Vedas?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Aug '11 08:28
    From now on to appease everyone I shall put at the end of each cut and paste (From the Vedas)
    I doubt that anyone is the slightest bit concerned about how you quote the Vedas. No one here, bar maybe 1 or 2 exceptions, submits to their "authority" anyway.

If you take material like book reviews or biographical information or polemical material from blogs, all written by other users of the net, do not try to pass it off as your own. You should show more self-respect.
  8. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    25 Aug '11 08:45
    Like I told Dasa, I fell for that argument once myself and started
    making sure I posted every reference until I realized how ridiculous
    it was to cowtail to the likes of you. You or your kind have no
    authority over me so I can do as I please and so can Dasa. Sorry
    Dasa, I am not going to cowtail to you either and stop eating meat.
    I think the word you're looking for is 'kowtow'.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Aug '11 08:451 edit
    I wouldn't bother with those posts as I doubt anyone reads them anyway. Your last (in a long string of) accusation of plagiarism was your op about some scientific author; that you should reference.

Btw you are missusing the word "appease" dasa
    © FMF
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Aug '11 10:18
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Hang on a minute.......

You need to study religion because you don't know the difference between
    Christianity and Hinduism.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Aug '11 10:281 edit
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    I think the word you're looking for is 'kowtow'.
    I would not do that either. But "cowtailing" is a slang term and it is
    like a dog putting his tail between his legs and running. The cow,
    however, puts her tail up in the air and runs. Being from the city you
    probably would not know that.

P.S. I would think Dasa would know due to his love of cows.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Aug '11 10:41
    Originally posted by FMF
    I doubt that anyone is the slightest bit concerned about how you quote the Vedas. No one here, bar maybe 1 or 2 exceptions, submits to their "authority" anyway.

If you take material like book reviews or biographical information or polemical material from blogs, all written by other users of the net, do not try to pass it off as your own. You should show more self-respect.
    If you are really concerned about this plagerizing, why not inform the
    sources so they can take care of it?
  13. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    26 Aug '11 11:37
    You need to study religion because you don't know the difference between
    Christianity and Hinduism.
    What?
  14. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    26 Aug '11 11:381 edit
    Nothing ..............I will do as you ask.

We are just talking about the subject of plagiarism and its become a little heated.

That particular post that you mentioned was a link on a Vedic website and I didn't bother to notice what that link was at all.
    Maybe you should check next time. The article came from Creation Ministeries International. It's Christian a YEC website.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Aug '11 11:57
    If you are really concerned about this plagerizing, why not inform the
    sources so they can take care of it?
    You are missing the point. Plagiarism is an affront to fellow community members, especially when carried out by those who like telling fellow community members that they are dishonest.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree