Playing God

Playing God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cape Town

Moves
29 May 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
The point is we have been trying to play God ever since He gave mankind dominion over the earth and we immediately disobeyed Him. We have been screwing things up ever since by thinking we know better than God.
I disagree. God created all the diseases, we seek to cure them, and have been remarkably successful at doing so.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 May 12

Originally posted by twhitehead
I disagree. God created all the diseases, we seek to cure them, and have been remarkably successful at doing so.
It is man who created the diseases and it is only fitting that man should have to seek to cure them. Man should be blamed, not God. We are the ones that wanted to do everything our own way, so we must accept the consequences of our actions.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
30 May 12

It is man who created the diseases and it is only fitting that man should have to seek to cure them. Man should be blamed, not God. We are the ones that wanted to do everything our own way, so we must accept the consequences of our actions.
biblegod claims responsibility for creating evil/calamity. you'll have to accept that he's a psychopath and move on.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 May 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
biblegod claims responsibility for creating evil/calamity. you'll have to accept that he's a psychopath and move on.
Not so. God is good and good does not produce evil. Evil came about through the the freewill decison of a good creation. First, by the desire of a created spirit creature to take the place of God. We now call that spirit creature, Satan the Devil, after he deceived mankind to also sin against God. That is when evil was brought into the physical world.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
30 May 12
1 edit

Not so. God is good and good does not produce evil.
as usual, you know squat nil about the bible and biblegod.

Amo 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done [it]?

Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these [things].

Evil came about through the the freewill decison of a good creation.

nonsense. a good creation could not bring forth evil. at best, that was a damaged creation.

First, by the desire of a created spirit creature to take the place of God. We now call that spirit creature, Satan the Devil, after he deceived mankind to also sin against God. That is when evil was brought into the physical world.

that's debatable, but we're not talking about when evil was brought forth into the physical world. don't sidetrack the issue.

biblegod claims responsibility for creating evil/calamity. the bible verses above prove my statement as correct and you as having no clue what the bible says about god or what claims god makes in the bible.

Cape Town

Moves
30 May 12

I refuse to take responsibility for anything 'man' supposedly did in the past. It was not me. I am not responsible. I personally have never created a disease.

So which men exactly created the diseases? When? How did they do it? Why?

Z

Moves
30 May 12

The point is we have been trying to play God ever since He gave mankind dominion over the earth and we immediately disobeyed Him. We have been screwing things up ever since by thinking we know better than God.
let me see if i understand this correctly: you believe it is an abomination to do genetic research and alteration? something that could save lives?

Cape Town

Moves
30 May 12

It is man who created the diseases and it is only fitting that man should have to seek to cure them.
To continue with Zahlanzi's theme, if it is 'only fitting' that man should seek to cure disease, then why the thread essentially criticizing man for attempting to do so?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 May 12

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
let me see if i understand this correctly: you believe it is an abomination to do genetic research and alteration? something that could save lives?
Not at all. But we must be extra careful we don't cause more harm than good.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 May 12

To continue with Zahlanzi's theme, if it is 'only fitting' that man should seek to cure disease, then why the thread essentially criticizing man for attempting to do so?
I don't see how you think I am criticizing man for trying to cure disease. That is ridiculous.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 May 12

I refuse to take responsibility for anything 'man' supposedly did in the past. It was not me. I am not responsible. I personally have never created a disease.

So which men exactly created the diseases? When? How did they do it? Why?
They did it by disobeying God's rules. I was not there to see exactly when and how they did it. But one example we have today is AIDS. Read up on it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIDS

h

Moves
30 May 12
2 edits

They did it by disobeying God's rules. I was not there to see exactly when and how they did it. But one example we have today is AIDS. Read up on it.

It was not us that created the AIDS virus; it was evolution; the very thing you said God prevents from occuring.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 May 12

Originally posted by humy
It was not us that created the AIDS virus; it was evolution; the very thing you said God prevents from occuring.
You say yourself that evolution only works on living things. A virus is not a living thing.

http://www.virology.ws/2004/06/09/are-viruses-living/

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
30 May 12

You say yourself that evolution only works on living things. A virus is not a living thing.

http://www.virology.ws/2004/06/09/are-viruses-living/
So what do you call it when say, an HIV virus changes stripes to get around the immune system?

Cape Town

Moves
30 May 12

They did it by disobeying God's rules. I was not there to see exactly when and how they did it.
So you know they did it, but have no idea who, where or when? So your belief that a human is responsible is based on what?

But one example we have today is AIDS. Read up on it.

I am very familiar with AIDS. I come from a country where the infection rate is about 30% and have lost many friends to the disease. But I have never read anything that suggested that a man was responsible for creating it. Have you? Can you give me a reference to that effect?