1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 May '12 14:151 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Show the scientific community consensus then.
    Not just one link to a website.
    What is life? What does it mean do be alive? How is something made “living”? These are all pertinent questions when discussing the origin of life. Scientists have identified seven basic characteristics of life. For something to be described as living, that something must display all seven of these characteristics. Although many different people have many different opinions about what "living" means, the following characteristics were designated "characteristics of living things" with the consensus of the scientific community.
    This is a very interesting question which has instigated many heated debates in scientific circles. Why are viruses such a big deal? Well, viruses are interesting because they are neither inanimate nor living; a virus is "midway between brute matter and living organism" (Wolfhard Weidel). Because of this ambiguity, it is difficult to define and classify viruses.

http://library.thinkquest.org/C003763/index.php?page=origin06
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    01 Jun '12 03:33
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    What is life? What does it mean do be alive? How is something made “living”? These are all pertinent questions when discussing the origin of life. Scientists have identified seven basic characteristics of life. For something to be described as living, that something must display all seven of these characteristics. Although many different people have many dif ...[text shortened]... ine and classify viruses.

http://library.thinkquest.org/C003763/index.php?page=origin06
    My point exactly.

I find "neither inanimate nor living" an oxymoron.
  3. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    01 Jun '12 18:03
    You don't even believe in BibleGod. So you don't know. I do. 🙄 HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!
    translation from rjhinds to english: "thank you for teaching me about what is written in the bible but i will pretend that i learned nothing so that it won't look like i was wrong about it even though everyone already knows."
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Jun '12 18:19
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    translation from rjhinds to english: "thank you for teaching me about what is written in the bible but i will pretend that i learned nothing so that it won't look like i was wrong about it even though everyone already knows."
    Look numbnuts, you have no idea that fallible humans make those definitions and not all definitions, man comes up with, apply to every situation, so let me tell you. Please, get your head out of your arse.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Jun '12 01:43
    Look numbnuts, you have no idea that fallible humans make those definitions and not all definitions, man comes up with, apply to every situation, so let me tell you. [b]Please, get your head out of your arse.[/b]
    Also men made the bible and invented your god so get YOUR heads out of your assses.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Jun '12 01:50
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Also men made the bible and invented your god so get YOUR heads out of your assses.
    You are getting the hang of it now.
  7. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    02 Jun '12 17:36
    Look numbnuts, you have no idea that fallible humans make those definitions and not all definitions, man comes up with, apply to every situation, so let me tell you. [b]Please, get your head out of your arse.[/b]
    you don't have to thank me, that bible lesson was free of charge.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree