1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 22:58
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    These opposable thumbs had to good for sommat.
    I would say , in my experience, masturbation is the first thing you should stop when going on a spiritual path.
    That stuff that comes out is considered "life energy" (for indeed it is) , but not only in the way that it makes children.
    Hence the developments of things like tantric sex.

But you know, I am the first to understand the difficulty in truly abstaining from anything. I reckon , after a while, you should be at ease WITH YOUR THOUGHTs about any said thing. If you are constantly "fighting" a superhighway barrage of negative thoughts about whatever discipline , then you should just give in, that's right, give in and try to get back to the same position with more calmer thoughts and a less dettached outlook.

A lot os this type of reasoning stems from the fact that a lot of people say the "true" spiritual path is difficult. But I say you create another dualism by saying something is difficult or easy. I prefer to look at it as a trick. We have been tricked ,in a way, and the way to unbind ourselves from this mortal coil is to untrick ourselves, hence the buddha said to take the middle path (by this I reckon he meant with our thinking as well)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree