1. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    13 Nov '06 14:26
    Originally posted by genius
    Jesus was befrending tax collectors and prostitutes. the lowest of the low!
    Most of my friends are tax collectors or prostitutes, of one form or another.
  2. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulรคrer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    13 Nov '06 14:28
    Originally posted by dottewell
    Most of my friends are tax collectors or prostitutes, of one form or another.
    Ideally, the two professions should be combined.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Nov '06 14:33
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    A few pages ago you said: "Men have the burden of making the right decisions for the family unit and women have the burden of supporting their spouse with these decisions." Aren't you contradicting yourself?
    No. What I was saying was there will be times when one does not agree with the other. In such cases, it will be difficult for the man to make the contrary decision to that of his wife because he loves her and wants to please her. At the same time he must do what is best for his family despite the conflict of opinions. Doing what is best for his wife and her family at the end of the day is more important than giving into short term individual whims at the beginning of the day. This can be a difficult choice for the husband especially if he is not 100% certain that he is making the right decision. If he loves his wife, however, he will listen to her and respect her feelings and wisdom on the matter when making the decision.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Nov '06 14:34
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Ideally, the two professions should be combined.
    LOL. It could give a whole new meaning to the Internal Revenue Service.
  5. The sky
    Moves
    13 Nov '06 14:42
    Originally posted by whodey
    No. What I was saying was there will be times when one does not agree with the other. In such cases, it will be difficult for the man to make the contrary decision to that of his wife because he loves her and wants to please her. At the same time he must do what is best for his family despite the conflict of opinions. Doing what is best for his wife and h ...[text shortened]... e will listen to her and respect her feelings and wisdom on the matter when making the decision.
    So the wishes of the woman are individual whims, while the wishes of the man are for the best of the family? And it's still the man who makes the decision, so you are still contradicting yourself.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 Nov '06 14:421 edit
    No. What I was saying was there will be times when one does not agree with the other. In such cases, it will be difficult for the man to make the contrary decision to that of his wife because he loves her and wants to please her. At the same time he must do what is best for his family despite the conflict of opinions. Doing what is best for his wife and h ...[text shortened]... e will listen to her and respect her feelings and wisdom on the matter when making the decision.
    whodey: Doing what is best for his wife and her family at the end of the day is more important than giving into short term individual whims at the beginning of the day.

So the wife's opinions are "short term individual whims" if they conflict with her Lord and Master husband's? You really are an unpleasant throwback.

EDIT: Noodles beat me by a hair.๐Ÿ˜ž Disobedient shrew.
  7. The sky
    Moves
    13 Nov '06 14:45
    Originally posted by no1marauder

EDIT: Noodles beat me by a hair.๐Ÿ˜ž Disobedient shrew.
    ๐Ÿ˜€
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Nov '06 18:02
    whodey: Doing what is best for his wife and her family at the end of the day is more important than giving into [b]short term individual whims at the beginning of the day.

So the wife's opinions are "short term individual whims" if they conflict with her Lord and Master husband's? You really are an unpleasant throwback.

EDIT: Noodles beat me by a hair.๐Ÿ˜ž Disobedient shrew.[/b]
    Its just a shame I can't be a pleasant fellow such as yourself.
  9. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    13 Nov '06 20:31
    Its just a shame I can't be a pleasant fellow such as yourself.
    What's your wife think about all this stuff?
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 Nov '06 21:17
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    She's not allowed to.
  11. The sky
    Moves
    13 Nov '06 21:19
    She's not allowed to.
    Well, she could ask him what she's supposed to think, and then say that's what she thinks.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 Nov '06 21:27
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Well, she could ask him what she's supposed to think, and then say that's what she thinks.
    Who'd listen to her though? Better just to have him say what she's thinking rather than relying on her silly whims.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Nov '06 22:29
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    I feel as though I am being stereotyped here. I am in no way a controlling type of person and have never been accused of the things I am being accused of here. Looking back at my posts I can see how people might get the wrong impression. As far as my wife goes lets just say that she has a strong personality and is very much her own person. She would never stand for being controlled by an abusive type of personality.
  14. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    13 Nov '06 23:04
    I feel as though I am being stereotyped here. I am in no way a controlling type of person and have never been accused of the things I am being accused of here. Looking back at my posts I can see how people might get the wrong impression. As far as my wife goes lets just say that she has a strong personality and is very much her own person. She would never stand for being controlled by an abusive type of personality.
    Is she pretty hot? I'm wondering if you have to kind of compensate for mens lookin at her. It's been known to happen.
  15. The sky
    Moves
    14 Nov '06 01:08
    I didn't say you were abusive. But it's not an equal partnership, as you say yourself. And your attempts to explain why the partnership can't be equal didn't sound like you really respect her (or a woman in a partnership in general) as an equal either.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree